Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RMV eCard / Chipkarte

9 posts in this topic

I picked up an RMV card from the little DB/VGF building in Hauptwache yesterday, but I can’t register it on the RMV site because it’s come from VGF, and I can’t register it on the VGF site because the VGF site complains about Chrome and Firefox, but when I use Safari the Java applet to register a card from within “My Profile” doesn’t load. 

So, where in Frankfurt can I get an empty non-VGF RMV card from, that I can register on the RMV website?

Hi Mackle - if I am not mistaken you can get them at Hauptbahnhof BUT if I were you I would get the Java applet sorted out as you will have problems down the line with RMV and Safari. It is a very unfriendly website when it comes to tickets. Not an IT expert but on Macs can be a pain it could be out of data Java or your security set up blocking it Here you go a whole list of places. There is also a RMV office at Hauptwache 

https://www.rmv.de/c/de/fahrkarten/die-richtige-fahrkarte/eticket-rheinmain-die-rmv-mobilitaetskarte/vertriebsstellen-eticket-rheinmain/?tx_ikanosrgfilter_regionalfilter%5Baction%5D=list&tx_ikanosrgfilter_regionalfilter%5Bcontroller%5D=Region&cHash=0a2b8ae03a83cd83ea7522cc97813a71&use_session=1#results

Thank you Smurf :)

The RMV site seems to work okay on my phone, it just doesn’t recognise the VGF eCard (which it does say on the website that VGF issued cards can’t be managed). 

I was under the impression that using the RMV site / RMV app to book tickets meant that I would get smile points on my monthly train tickets, so thought that RMV would be a better option. Plus my MacBook really doesn’t like the VGF site! Java is up to date, and the security settings do permit the applet to load, so no idea why it’s being so awkward!

@ Mackle you are right you can collect smiles with RMV. https://smiles.www.rmv.de/so-funktionierts.html The Frankfurt transport online systems are honestly work in progress forever they had RMV testers last year and it was a disastor. Good that it functions on the app. I give one tip so you are aware many ticket checkers in Frankfurt have never heard of the RMV online ticket function so be prepared. They have should I say a "Very" steep learning curve.

Is the RMV office at Hauptwache the round building near the church?

If so, that’s where I bought the chipkarte that I can’t register. 

The RMV site wants a card number and password, but what I was given has a registration code instead of a password. 

The letter that comes with the chipkarte says to register it at meine.vgf-ffm.de.

To my memory I think the RMV office is underground at those large steps that exit to Hauptwache 

The big steps in the middle? By Maredo, Starbucks, and the Kinder museum? 

I’m off work today so I’ll take a look :)

Well, I went to what I thought was the right place, and had my eTicket "activated" but the person didn't know which website I was supposed to use it with - VGF or RMV.

When I said "Can I buy a ticket on the RMV website and it will be on this card" the reply was "I don't know, but if you just use the fahrkarten machine that will work".

I WANT MY SMARTPOINTS DAMNIT! :D

I've order a weekly Frankfurt ticket directly from RMV's website so will get an online manageable chipkarte this way, I hope!