Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trump declares Jerusalem as Israel's Capital

137 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2017, 7:42:04, AlexTr said:

Idiot Trump is being used as a tool for the religious right to see if they really can push fast forward on the Rapture. Did you see Pence standing behind him and nodding? I'd like to swing at that smarmy mug.

I actually think idiot Trump is playing the religious right simpletons to get to his agenda. He wants to start a war between Jews and Muslims to distract from his hateful domestic policies. I really hope Jews and Muslims will see that they are allies not enemies in dealing with the fascists.

Trump recognized what the congress had passed years ago. The game in Washington was that Congress, not having the balls to go all the way, wrote a law saying Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel but the president had the right to waive it for six months. This went on for years until the current resident of the WH needed a distraction from his impending impeachment (but hey, it beats a nuclear war with north korea right before the olympics).

Israel of course wants it (so the US did it) and the rapture crowd in the US will be 'enraptured'. The UN has said that the final status of Jerusalem should be decided by the local residents (Palestinians and Israelis in a comprehensive peace settlement) and no other nation has a capitol there. Trump kind of totally wrecks that plan. But hey, plays great in Tulsa. He's not a man, he's a nuclear armed troll.

And it will cost an enormous amount of money to build it. The religious right should crowd source it and not involve public funds with that exploding deficit and all.

And furthermore...

English is hard. Note that by replacing the o in capitol to a the statements above make sense. I would edit it but someone (politely) pointed out the error.

14 hours ago, fraufruit said:

My brother and his wife are booked to go to Israel in March. Now this. It might not be safe. 

Thank you, Donnie.

Israel attacked Syria last week.   There has been a civil war / proxy war raging in Syria for years.   Never mind the decades long streak of volatility and failed peace negotiations in the region - it must be Trump's fault.   :rolleyes:

Right, wrong or otherwise, nobody sincerely cares about the Palestinians.   Ditto for the Kurds.   Trump simply removed an ineffective, outdated facade.   

As much as I would always like to lay bad situations at Trump's door, the fact is that no one, including some of our greatest negotiators and peacemakers, has been able to settle the Israel issue. That it is not as simple as Don the dork tried to make it out to be in his stump speeches or in any speech since is not even an interesting factoid. As long as hardliners occupy the highest offices on both sides of this question, nothing any foreign power says or does will have any effect whatsoever other than to occasionally lessen slightly or increase slightly the violence there. There has to be agreement that the lobbing of missiles and suicide attacks, the encouragement of knife attacks, and the general mayhem promoted from the Palestinian side has to stop and the takeover of lands owned and occupied by Arabs in Israel has to stop. I will not entertain conversation about "disproportionate force" because the term itself is a misnomer that begs the question.

7 hours ago, AlexTr said:

... As long as hardliners occupy the highest offices on both sides of this question, nothing any foreign power says or does will have any effect whatsoever other than to occasionally lessen slightly or increase slightly the violence there...

I don't quite see how Mahmud Abbas qualifies for the term "hardliner". There was never a real progress as Israel never offered the Palestinians anything more than a powerless Bantustan. Israel knew that it would never face serious pressure from the US, very much unlike Apartheid-South Africa.

Bill, dubya and obama all said on the campaign trails that jerusalem was the capital of Israel. You can see youtube videos on it.

But it wasnt a controversy until Trump said it and did something about it.

15 minutes ago, coolness.personified said:

Bill, dubya and obama all said on the campaign trails that jerusalem was the capital of Israel

So what did Trump do about it exactly or did he just say it like the others did before him?

9 hours ago, Oblomov said:

I don't quite see how Mahmud Abbas qualifies for the term "hardliner". There was never a real progress as Israel never offered the Palestinians anything more than a powerless Bantustan. Israel knew that it would never face serious pressure from the US, very much unlike Apartheid-South Africa.

He is not the entire government nor is he a dictator. Or is that what you are contending - that Abbas is a dictator who decides everything on his own for all of Gaza and the West Bank?

And while everyone condemns the decision and demonstrates against it in the streets and freaks out on social media, wait, what was that about Russia again?  Typical tin-pot dictator shit creating a diversionary tactic on foreign soil whether it's an invasion or stirring up a hornets' nest so that the real story gets buried for a while.

16 hours ago, fraufruit said:

So what did Trump do about it exactly or did he just say it like the others did before him?

Hes started the ball rolling. Your king obama had it as a campaign promise just like billy blow job did. 

On Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:33:21, coolness.personified said:

Bill, dubya and obama all said on the campaign trails that jerusalem was the capital of Israel. You can see youtube videos on it.

But it wasnt a controversy until Trump said it and did something about it.

Exactly Obama said twice that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. So why weren't they shitstormed? Question with an obvious answer.

22 hours ago, silty1 said:

And while everyone condemns the decision and demonstrates against it in the streets and freaks out on social media, wait, what was that about Russia again?

The Russia story is growing old. A whole year of half the world trying to find something and still no evidence.

25 minutes ago, Svetlana.Petro said:

Exactly Obama said twice that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. So why weren't they shitstormed? Question with an obvious answer.

Yes we can!

Obama was a nobel prize winning peacemaker so obviously when he says something it is an act of extreme peace whereas when Drumpf does exactly the same the orange lunatic is inciting the third world war.

Th Nobel peace prize has been hijacked by soyboys. Obama dropped a bomb every 8 minutes of his presidency. They weren't peace bombs darling. 

Of the wandering tribes of the East, the first to settle down and develop decent hygiene were I believe the Jews. There were - I believe twelve tribes. Two of them stayed in the Holy Land while the other ten came over the Caucasus and that's why they are known as Caucasians. (please correct me if I am wrong on this). The Jews were the first to stay healthy and develop methods of keeping clean which the others didn't. So, as far as I know, they were the first ever "civilised" tribe. They were shunned because of their insular nature and and treated as outcasts. However because of their insularity and the fact that they were forbidden to own property they developed the first banking systems. Indeed the very first ghetto was formed in the city-state of Venice where they were locked up at night, yet they funded a lot of Venice's development. Even then of course, their rep was a bit iffy (Merchant of Venice anyone?) so this suspicion goes back centuries. Every country in Europe expelled Jews except one, and that I believe was England who gave quarter to them during the English Civil War. They came to England and founded the city-state known as The City of London (an independent city-state similar to the Vatican and Washington DC). it was from there the British Empire expanded until rival empires such as Prussia came up against them. That conflict led to the First World War, a conflict from which chaos legally we still have not recovered.

Following that war, there was made n Parliament the Balfour Declaration, which is in Wikipedia as follows:

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

However what Wikipedia fails to emphasise, is who led that move to take up Palestine. Let's have a wider look. The name Rothschild is in there. So much so that a quick check of the Israeli flag and the family crest of the Rothschilds may open some eyes.

450px-Balfour_declaration_unmarked.jpg

Many-Are-Believed-To-Be-Satanists1.jpg

1 hour ago, coolness.personified said:

Th Nobel peace prize has been hijacked by soyboys. Obama dropped a bomb every 8 minutes of his presidency. They weren't peace bombs darling. 

Nothing new.   Kissinger??

Religion causes so many problems. In the end it is basically a different way of worshipping the same God. Religion is supposed to be about peace, acceptance. So sad that people create wars and troubles just because they believe their way of worship is better or superior and disagree with another way... Terrible.