Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need Help to Call Deutsche Post

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

So i ordered something from Ebay.com and it was shipped from USA using USPS and once it arrived in Germany i was able to track it using Deutsche post website. However, yesterday the package status changed to "received" but neither me nor any of my neighbours received the package so i tried to call Deutsche post but unfortunately their customer support agents only speak Deutsch so i went to their nearest office and again they only speak Deutsch. Can someone please help me locate my package by calling USPS and asking for the name of the receiver or the location of the package? my neighbours assume that it might be stuck at the customs office waiting for clearance or something. If anyone is willing to help me by calling Deutsche post for me i would really appreciate it, if you are willing to help please send me a message and i will reply with the tracking number and my info.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sounds like it could be in Customs, give it 2-3 days and see if you get a letter from the Customs people.

DHL is one company who have English-speaking people on their helpline.

Thanks a lot guys for your replies. Whenever i try to reach Deutsche post by email i always end up looking at their phone numbers not their contact emails. I think they don't have any customer support service via Email. 

Also i was asking if someone could call DEUTSCHE post for me not USPS but i can't edit the post now due to post count limitations. 

If anyone is willing to call Deutsche post for me and ask for my package status i will be really glad. 

Thanks a lot.

Normally when you call Deutsche Post Customer Service - they only see what you already see on the public Deutsche Post website yourself and proceed to read this out to you. They normally will not be able to give you more detailed information over the telephone. Has the parcel to be signed for? If so sometimes you can request the signature - there is an option on the website. 

What message are you getting exactly on the Deutsche Post website in German? If it is any item that is "techie" it can end up in Customs. 

36 minutes ago, smurf said:

Normally when you call Deutsche Post Customer Service - they only see what you already see on the public Deutsche Post website yourself and proceed to read this out to you. They normally will not be able to give you more detailed information over the telephone. Has the parcel to be signed for? If so sometimes you can request the signature - there is an option on the website. 

What message are you getting exactly on the Deutsche Post website in German? If it is any item that is "techie" it can end up in Customs. 

Yes it is an iphone. The package status on Deutsche post is "Die Sendung wurde am 05.12.2017 zugestellt." which is according to Google translate "the package has been delivered" .. However in the Deutsche post branch the lady searched for the package status on their system and she told me that since there is no receiver name the package could probably be in customs. She asked me to call Deutsche post customer support as they have access to more details than she has but i wasn't able to call them as they only offer support in Deutsch. 

I've had this happen to me several times and each time it was stuck at customs. I'd give it another 4-5 days and it'll probably either show up or you'll get the notice to go pick it up from the Zollamt. 

AmrZahran Indeed most likely as willowhands writes but I would monitor online tracking in case a copy of who signed it happens to appear. With Christmas the post is very busy currently 

When my package arrived at Frankfurt from USA also bought via Ebay.com, it took 5 days to be processed. I would also wait and give it time. It can take up to 7 days. I checked online every day for changes in the status. It actually gave the status "Delivered" after I had received it.

You keep saying Deutsche Post but you do realise the people you need to speak to are DHL?

They can say who signed for the package and even send you a scan of the signature by e-mail, but as I suggested earlier and as Willow repeated; it's more than likely in Customs and you'll get a letter inviting you to go speak with them in a day or three.

If you do, be prepared totake along all details of the Ebay auction to prove what the item is and how much you paid. You'll possibly have to pay VAT and if relevant Customs Duty.

I assumed there were many existing threads on this topic but couldn't be bothered to search.

Your package IS at German customs. USPS tracks it to leaving the plane and then the package enters a twilight zone where nobody in the world will be able to (nor particularly want to) track it down for you until it is either delivered or else you receive a letter asking you to collect it and pay lots of import duties on it.

It might take between 3 to 5 days as previous posters have suggested. I have had it take multiple weeks. This is surely the worst time of the year for such things, so don't be surprised if you're still left wondering in 2 weeks from now and count yourself lucky if it arrives next week.

6 hours ago, Malt-Teaser said:

You keep saying Deutsche Post but you do realise the people you need to speak to are DHL?

They can say who signed for the package and even send you a scan of the signature by e-mail, but as I suggested earlier and as Willow repeated; it's more than likely in Customs and you'll get a letter inviting you to go speak with them in a day or three.

If you do, be prepared totake along all details of the Ebay auction to prove what the item is and how much you paid. You'll possibly have to pay VAT and if relevant Customs Duty.

19 hours ago, AmrZahran said:

Hello everyone,

So i ordered something from Ebay.com and it was shipped from USA using USPS and once it arrived in Germany i was able to track it using Deutsche post website. However, yesterday the package status changed to "received" but neither me nor any of my neighbours received the package so i tried to call Deutsche post but unfortunately their customer support agents only speak Deutsch so i went to their nearest office and again they only speak Deutsch. Can someone please help me locate my package by calling USPS and asking for the name of the receiver or the location of the package? my neighbours assume that it might be stuck at the customs office waiting for clearance or something. If anyone is willing to help me by calling Deutsche post for me i would really appreciate it, if you are willing to help please send me a message and i will reply with the tracking number and my info.

Thanks a lot in advance.

USPS is delivered by Deutsche Post not by DHL. Mine was delivered by the normal postman/woman. I had to sign for it though. It is "einschreiben" sign on delivery. When I look back on my order that I placed, it took a good 7 days to clear customs when it landed in Frankfurt. Just have patience.

If you do still have problems after a week, you need to contact the seller from EBAY. They can call USPS from their side and find out what is happening. I know from experience that only the sender can do what they call a "Nachforschungsuauftrag" - A tracer.

You should be able to track it on the USPS website as well.

DHL owns Deutsche Post and if there's tracking possibility I'm pretty sure it's DHL division even though it's delivered by what you see as the "normal postman/woman".

12 minutes ago, Malt-Teaser said:

DHL owns Deutsche Post and if there's tracking possibility I'm pretty sure it's DHL division even though it's delivered by what you see as the "normal postman/woman".

Aye, I think there is a separate tracking for letters via einschreiben/sign on delivery and small packages, but Deutsche Post is indeed owned by DHL.

I tracked my package via the USPS site though. It was given the DHL/Deutschepost number after it arrived in Germany.