So many suicides by S-Bahn causing delays - what's going on?

154 posts in this topic

For the last month every week is a suicide or an attempt on the S-Bahn tracks.

3 weeks ago was a problem at Berg Am Laim,  then a week later was one at München Riem,

yesterday one at Markt Schwaben and today was again one at Markt Schwaben.

At Berg Am Laim - I was lucky finding a driver who was kind enough to take me with him.

At Riem - I was waiting 2 hours 'til the traffic was back.

At Markt Schwaben, today- they provide a bus and some free taxi's, I was lucky to get a seat in a taxi.

Today at Markt Schwaben was a LOT of auto drivers with ED numbers, with 1-2-3 free seats,

nobody stopped just to ask - 'Hey, I am going to Erding, anybody wanna come?'

Fuck this shit, such a fucked up situation waiting 2-3 hours to go home with a valid card on your pocket.

Wanna commit suicide?

Please use a rope, jump off a building, take some pills, drown yourself

or go in a bathtube with a hairdryer in your hand, cut your wrist but PLEASE leave the S-Bahn alone.

Rant out.

I heard a plastic bag is least violent. Suicide is inherently selfish. I feel sorry for the poor souls who have to scrape up the mess and go home to their families afterwards. And the drivers of course. What do they see before going to sleep at night?

Unfortunately, this is the time of year where a lot of people feel more depressed than normal.

The days start off being dark and gloomy, and end up just being dark.

With Christmas just around the corner, there is increasing pressure to "perform" - to put on a happy face, to buy presents for people you don't really care for, and to be looking forward to the holidays, when some people will sit all alone in their flat and eat a sandwich.

As for people not giving the OP a lift, well, that's down to each driver - as a woman, I would not want to take a stange man into my car, but would otherwise be willing to take people with me. It's an individual thing though...

Another 3 weeks and the days are getting longer again, so don't give up hope.

Death is permanent so don't rush it. Eternity is a long time.

its normal in Munich the suicides, Munich has a high suicide rate, but its taboo to talk about it. 

and i dont blame the people that commit suicider.

they are often victims of some unbearable situation or big depression, and this city 

really is depressive some times. 

in my first job in Munich there were some suicides...too much pressure, and other reasons...

There are also people that throw other people into the line on purpose, and to the train when he comes, so be careful !! !(no, i am not kidding i wish i was )

There were also a lot of "polizei einstaz " in the last weeks because of " CENSURED". 

12 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

How about you telling people if they're feeling suicidal contact someone immediately to get some help, instead of suggesting alternative means to kill themselves, instead of the S-Bahn.  

You talk about how the people in the cars were inconsiderate or selfish to not offer stranded riders a lift, I can't help but notice a paradox here with you stating people not caring to offer you a lift and you not caring about how people kill themselves as long as YOU are not inconvenienced by their demise. 

Rant out

Well said. There are too many selfish people out there and one or two up there ;). 

Take a breather or go for a beer or bring a book or...

1 hour ago, Mr.Bear said:

For the last month every week is a suicide or an attempt on the S-Bahn tracks.

3 weeks ago was a problem at Berg Am Laim,  then a week later was one at München Riem,

yesterday one at Markt Schwaben and today was again one at Markt Schwaben.

At Berg Am Laim - I was lucky finding a driver who was kind enough to take me with him.

At Riem - I was waiting 2 hours 'til the traffic was back.

At Markt Schwaben, today- they provide a bus and some free taxi's, I was lucky to get a seat in a taxi.

Today at Markt Schwaben was a LOT of auto drivers with ED numbers, with 1-2-3 free seats,

nobody stopped just to ask - 'Hey, I am going to Erding, anybody wanna come?'

Fuck this shit, such a fucked up situation waiting 2-3 hours to go home with a valid card on your pocket.

Wanna commit suicide?

Please use a rope, jump off a building, take some pills, drown yourself

or go in a bathtube with a hairdryer in your hand, cut your wrist but PLEASE leave the S-Bahn alone.

Rant out.

Extreme depression can happen to all of us, Mr. Bear. Even to you. NOT a rant, maybe not even a critisism..bit a snip of reality. Maybe one day you will be alone on a cliff, wondering whether to jump and someone with empathy will be there, encouraging you  to live your life further or not..which choice would you prefer if somebody cared?

Hey, I WAS there, all of you know nothing about me.

Just assuming.

And I am still alive for the moment.

So, please, spare the bits for smth else.

Just now, Mr.Bear said:

Is too late to tell them anything anymore.

Got it?

No, I don't get it, and apparently you don't get it either.  There may be other people out there, perhaps  reading TT who may be feeling suicidal this time of year or at the end of their ropes who may read what you wrote about those alternative ways to kill themselves.  

What you wrote sounded pretty selfish all because you were inconvenienced by someone's suicide, a tragedy and loss for this person's family. 

Just now, Mr.Bear said:

Hey, I WAS there, all of you know nothing about me.

Just assuming.

And I am still alive for the moment.

So, please, spare the bits for smth else.

Do you know anything about the people who were committing suicide? Are you not also assuming?

45 minutes ago, esqualidus said:

There were also a lot of "polizei einstaz " in the last weeks because of " CENSURED". 

Huh? Any idea what the censured reasons are? Or do you mean the authorities are just not telling us it was a suicide?

We are living in a selfish world, in case that you didn't notice that till now.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Bear said:

You are assuming wrong.

I pass by, I don't have to kill myself.

It might make the world a better place if you did.

Just a thought, the world has enough problems and we really don't need oxygen thieves like you,

Can I say something on the behalf of Mr Bear?

I've met him in person and he is a real nice guy. He is dealing with a lot of personal pressure himself and doing the best he can.

In times like that, a criticism of others may come off a bit harsh because he exactly never chose the easy way out.

Just saying - so peace, everybody.

(And yes, the train/S-Bahn jumpers affect me, too, both in travel time and pity for the drivers, and I think it's the worst way to go. I hope tracks will be fenced and the station platforms get security doors like in other countries.)