Day time meet up for English speakers?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My name is Hannah and I've just moved to Munich after a couple of years in the UK (partner has been relocated here for work). I'm not working yet so have a bit of time on my hands, and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and keen to meet up for a coffee/drink/lunch? 

I'm 29, female, from New Zealand originally but have lived in Australia, Canada and most recently London. I enjoy coffee, wine, yoga, snowboarding, travel, cooking, keeping fit and healthy and exploring everything Europe has to offer while I'm on this side of the world. Would love to meet some like-minded people!

Cheers

Hannah

Hey Hannah,

I was looking to find someone who can show me around and spend the rest of the day together. I'm visiting Munich on 29th dec Friday morning, I will be there for just one day, I'm not trying to visit a lot of places just a few things which are close by. Few things about me I'm traveling from united states by myself, I m a grad student who loves to explore and meet new peoples.

Thanks

Hi Hannah! I am in pretty much the same boat as you. I am also from New Zealand and have recently moved here, so not working yet. Flick me a message if you wanna chat or meet up sometime 🙂

Hi Guys, 

I am moving to Munich this week with my husband and also keen to meet some Munich newbies to share tips and get up to speed on the city. I have signed up for the curry club posts as this could be a good way to start. Also a big fan of Italian coffee so if anyone knows any good coffee shops to visit maybe we could start there!

Louise 

Hi all,

My wife and I also recently moved to Munich for my work and have been living here for just over 2 months so we would love to share our experiences to date.  My wife is a chef so we love all things food and I am a computer Nerd 😀

We are in Schwabing West and there are quite a few great coffee shops around us.

Hello Everyone!

I am so happy to find this post.  I am a 38 year old American living in Munich (Trudering) with my German husband and 9-year-old daughter.  We have been here in Munich for 6 months now. Before that, we lived for 12 years in Zurich. I am desperate to meet some English speaking ladies to meet up with for coffee, wine market shopping or whatever!  I regularly teach swimming and help out sporadically in English class at my daughter's school 2 days a week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays), otherwise, I am home twiddling my thumbs till my daughter comes home from school.  I'm hoping to meet in town some mornings for some chatty girl fun!

Please let me know if you would like to meet up!

Ashley

Hi Ashley,

We arrived in Munich two weeks ago from the UK nd are here for six months. We have previously lived in Berlin for two years where I taught English as a foreign language. I had an interview today for an English teaching job but have no definite work offers yet. I also started volunteering foe the Munich foodbank today which was really interesting.If you are still interested in meeting for coffee and chat, I would love to join you!

Angela

Hi everyone! Great to hear from you all. Shall we try and all meet up for a coffee sometime? How about mid next week? Say Wednesday mid-morning or mid-afternoon? How is everyone placed?

Thanks

Hannah

Hi Hannah,

That sounds cool to me! I am in Wolfratshausen , which is about a half hour south of Munich so I would be catching the train in 🙂