Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rugby for tots in Hamburg

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Does anyone know where young kids can join rugby practice? My boy is almost 3.5 years old, is bilingual eng<>german, has surreal energy levels and loves contact games/ sports. If anyone can help me, or even knows of any informal rugby practice for kiddies please let me know. We`re based in Eimsbüttel. Thanks heaps!

Rugby isn't a contact sport at that age, at least not in my club. In all likelihood at that age he'll be playing flag/touch rugby... but it's a great start to get the skills and of course much safer (although head-clashes are still fairly likely when kids that age are running around in close proximity).

The club Alexnf posted above has an under-6 team. Your boy's a little young but head down to training on a Sunday morning (extract from http://www.hrc-rugby.de below) and speak to the coaches face-to-face. Rugby in Germany is refereed in German, but everybody I met in the circuit spoke good English.

Kinder (U6, U8 und U10):

• Sonnabend, 11 bis 12 Uhr, Rugby-Arena Stadtpark (Saarlandstraße 71)

I can recommend the HRC Club. They are a great group of guys,  PM me for any details.