Where to buy a bar of gold in Stuttgart

30 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

I want to buy gold bar for my mother as a gift. Does anyone have any idea where I can buy those? I already saw some post on this topic. Most of them are suggesting gold vending machine which seems not a good idea. Can you suggest anything better than this? Somebody told me I can buy directly from the bank. Any idea about that? Looking forward to your help. 

I regularly buy mine from Aldi or Lidl, depending who has the cheapest gold bars that week.

12 minutes ago, toBnruG said:

I regularly buy mine from Aldi or Lidl, depending who has the cheapest gold bars that week.

is that a joke?

1 hour ago, robinson100 said:

I buy online from philoro, but generally do a price comparison first!

there are many names on their website. which one do you think is good for quality? 

4 minutes ago, sonalidu said:

how can I be sure that the gold bar I have is not fake?

Bite it. Pure Gold is malleable.

Furthermore you can measure the density : 24K gold is about 19.3 g/ml. Use a milimeter market vial full of water to measure the volume.

Several questions based on comments here.

If I buy a gold ingot as a "present" will it be close to the market cost? Obviously I want to get as much gold as I can for my money.

One of the recommended websites above. Purportedly sells gold for what seems to be approximately half the market value.

This seems quite fake?

Any other tips?

Is gold expected to rise or drop in value soon?

Does the value differ depending on the time of day? 

Are some providers not as widely recognized?

How much should I expect to pay in administrative charges (or whatever you call it) to purchase 5000 euros worth of gold?.

Is there tax when buying? (Germany)

Is there tax when selling ?

Is it legal to buy and sell or do you need permission i.e a licence.

How can I verify its real gold and the weight is correct.

Yes I've heard you use a market vial. But how much should i expectthe vial to rise for say 250 grams of gold? Is it exactly 250 ml? I ask this because it seems from cooking. Weight doesn't exactly correspond to the liquid measurement.

I.e. 250 ml of cream seems to weigh 268 grams No idea why.. Inaccurate measuring jug?

If I'm asking a lot of questions.

It's a factor of my position on the autistic spectrum. No unnecessary comments on my pedantic questions are required.

36 minutes ago, Taffyhereford said:

But how much should i expectthe vial to rise for say 250 grams of gold? Is it exactly 250 ml? I ask this because it seems from cooking. Weight doesn't exactly correspond to the liquid measurement.

I.e. 250 ml of cream seems to weigh 268 grams No idea why.. Inaccurate measuring jug?

I have no idea about purchasing gold, but this is due to the different density of materials. 1 g = 1 ml works for water and not for much else. 

Google gold crown and Aristotle. You might find it interesting. 

I wondered into Volksbank Raiffeisenbank the other day and was amazed to see they had a machine for dispensing gold bars. Yes, seriously. I looked twice and a third time. Insert card, pay euros and get a gold bar. A tiny one, but yes a gold bar. 

I wondered into Volksbank Raiffeisenbank the other day and was amazed to see they had a machine for dispensing gold bars. Yes, seriously. I looked twice and a third time. Insert card, pay euros and get a gold bar. A tiny one, but yes a gold bar. 

49 minutes ago, scook17 said:

Where in Munich is this? I’m really curious about gold now after reading this thread.