Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fake Hate Crimes

15 posts in this topic

It is perhaps not surprising there has been a rise in the number of fake reports, as there has been a surge in the number of those authenticated. 

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2016/1215/Why-do-people-report-fake-hate-crimes

“People will ... falsify all kinds of events – from hate crimes to resumes,” he tells The Christian Science Monitor. “This is nothing indigenous to hate crimes.”

But issuing a false report regarding a hate crime carries different consequences than falsifying fraud or theft. Much like high-profile sexual assault cases later proved untrue, fake hate crime reporting has a tendency to shed doubt over other cases with similar narratives, a phenomenon which doesn’t tend to happen with other types of crimes.

28 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

“People will ... falsify all kinds of events – from hate crimes to resumes,” he tells The Christian Science Monitor.

I think there should be different consequences for faking a resume than there are for faking a hate crime.  If you fake a resume you will probably annoy your employer and get fired but if somebody is accused of a hate crime he didn't commit his life can be ruined.

During my first year of university, there was a big controversy as a group of 5-6 Iranian students were accused of gang raping a woman in a dorm room. 

To narrow it down, it was during a time when the US and Iran had poor relations.   ;)  

However, it turned out that several people had seen the accuser leave the room and return several times during the period in question.    

It would be hard to measure the amount of hostility that was generated toward students from the middle east based on the false accusations.   

A zillion times worse than lying on a resume.  

I know you guys are all about fairness and balance, so here's a report about how hate crimes in the U.S. have increased for the second year in a row.

WASHINGTON — Hate crimes rose for the second straight year in 2016, with increases in attacks motivated by bias against blacks, Jews, Muslims and LGBT people, according to FBI statistics released Monday.

There were more than 6,100 hate crimes last year, up about 5 percent over the previous year. In 2015 and 2016, that number was driven by crimes against people because of their race or ethnicity.

More than half the 4,229 racially motivated crimes were against black people, while 20 percent were against whites, the report shows. And Jews were targeted in more than half the 1,538 crimes that were motivated by religion. Crimes fueled by bias against LGBT people rose from 203 in 2015 to 234 last year.

Of course, these figures come from the FBI, which - as we all know - has been completely infiltrated by the Deep State and the (((New World Order))), so their statistics can't be trusted. And most of those "crimes" were probably fake, too, right?

I never thought Toytown would become a battleground in the fight over truth and reality. More's the pity.

But this thread is not suggesting that there is no increase in real hate crime, just that fake reports are certainly also increasing, which is no surprise, as snowingagain said. The point being that not only does this behaviour also wreck lives, just like the real thing, but also, as you yourself said, it muddies the waters, which is a bad thing for everyone.

So far this thread had posters basically agreeing that a phenomenon is horrible, and suddenly there is a 'battleground over truth and reality' - how exhausting. Really? 

By saying 'I support badgers' someone is NOT saying 'I hate foxes' - there seem to be many on TT who do not seem to grasp that just because they have only met badger-lovers who simultaneously hate foxes, that this does not make a universal truth.

Hate crime is horrible. Fake hate crime is horrible. They both have dreadful outcomes. On this we are agreed, I think. There may be examples in the first link which are a bit crap, but that doesn't change the basic position. 

Or is your entire post simply a joke and I haven't had enough coffee to recognise it yet? In which case I apologise for assuming you are displaying the critical thinking skills of a wet tea bag.

This thread is similar to the many attempts to turn TT into a migrant crime reporting site - it's to get you conditioned to the idea that hate crimes (like sexual harassment/assault allegations, another hot topic) can be faked, so there's always at least that preprogrammed shadow of a doubt in your mind when you read the latest reports.

I agree with your badgers and foxes analogy completely. It's the same whataboutism that many on this forum use to deflect and distract from topics they find uncomfortable. It's a bit misconstrued here, however: a more accurate comparison would be someone saying "I support badgers" and someone else posting a link to www.badgersarefake.com.

5 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

It's the same whataboutism that many on this forum use to deflect and distract from topics they find uncomfortable.

You forgot the Straw man building comic2-555.png.d87e053866deaf3653a0ee11b

11 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Of course, these figures come from the FBI, which - as we all know - has been completely infiltrated by the Deep State and the (((New World Order))), so their statistics can't be trusted. And most of those "crimes" were probably fake, too, right?

After the next mass shooting in the US which is tragically inevitable, please feel free to weigh in on the FBI and CDC (influenced by Putin) reports which provide facts to inderstand the gun control debate.  

You might want to ignore them.  🙄

It is unsurprising.

Over the past 25 years, the party of workers in the US is now the largest recipient of Wall Street money.  It has stopped fighting for economic opportunity for the lower and middle classes and replaced it with an orientation toward a very divisive strain of identity politics.

It will get worse and would have gotten worse no matter who won the election.

Is it another Soros conspiracy?

Fake crime reporting is not necessarily "staged" to distract from real crimes to serve some political agenda. There are often more simple explanations why people report crime which never happened (nota bene, false reporting is a crime in Germany in itself. If the accused person is convicted based on fake report, the false reporter will be charged also for that prison time as if they took this person as hostage/Freiheitsberaubung).

The famous case of a Berlin teenage girl raped by middle eastern migrants, for example, simply had consensual sex and was afraid to tell parents about that.

On 14.11.2017, 08:33:57, El Jeffo said:

a more accurate comparison would be someone saying "I support badgers" and someone else posting a link to www.badgersarefake.com.

Surely it's 'there are more fake badgers out there' and you saying 'you can't talk about fake badgers because that makes life difficult for real badgers', given that this is after all a fake thread, as it were.

On 14.11.2017, 08:33:57, El Jeffo said:

it's to get you conditioned to the idea that hate crimes (like sexual harassment/assault allegations, another hot topic) can be faked, so there's always at least that preprogrammed shadow of a doubt in your mind when you read the latest reports.

but isn't that absolutely already in your head? It is in mine. That's part of critical thinking. To be aware of the possibilities and not be swayed automatically by whatever you read first, and not assume that a report is true without some corroboration. 

This is the difficulty which needs facing - what is the best way to accept in good faith that a hate crime has been committed, whilst having enough impartiality to not assume the reported aggressor is in fact guilty until evidence comes forth. It is hard, and many who have suffered hate crimes are treated abysmally because of lack of belief in their mistreatment, and then there are those whose guilt is assumed (wrongly) and whose lives are wrecked. Both situations are awful. Solving one at the expense of the other is horrible, and refusing to allow discussion is certainly not going to help.

On 11/14/2017, 7:28:23, El Jeffo said:

I know you guys are all about fairness and balance, so here's a report about how hate crimes in the U.S. have increased for the second year in a row.

Cool article.  Also found this one that points out something not so explicitly mentioned in your article:  FBI: Anti-White Hate Crimes Are The Fastest Growing Racial Hate Crimes In America

The FBI report on 2016 Hate Crime Statistics shows that in 2016, there were 876 reported anti-white hate crime offenses in the United States. In 2015, this number was 734, indicating a 19.34 percent increase.

Anti-Hispanic or Latino hate crimes also increased in 2016. In 2015, the number of offenses targeting Hispanic/Latino Americans was 379. In 2016, that increased to 449, an increase of 18.46 percent. Anti-Black hate crimes actually declined by three offenses.

So tell me if Trump is the reason why hate crimes have increased why then have they increased the most against white people?  If Trump is a white supremacist, as I have been told on this site, why is he encouraging hate crimes against white people?  :o

But don't worry this question is just a distraction because I'm really a Russian Troll funded by the North Koreans and Chinese, while living in Brazil with my Colombian wife, to corrupt the happy people of Toytown with a Polska flag. ;)