Buying (and wearing in public) gas masks to filter out secondhand smoke?

92 posts in this topic

More so wishful thinking on my part, but due to personal heightened sensitivity to second hand smoke, and because Germans seem to smoke a lot more (as well as where I live) I was wondering what the law has to say about the purchase and use of functional gas masks and filters for civilian use. And of course where I would go about buying one. It's not a military application, like charging through an irradiated battlefield, but rather the ten minutes where you're waiting for a bus in the rain and some Arsch is lighting up under the tiny bus stop canopy.

Hope I didn't offend any smokers here  :D

19 minutes ago, Pandekage said:

waiting for a bus in the rain and some Arsch is lighting up under the tiny bus stop canopy.

Sometimes my wet umbrella gets shaken off on people who do that.

It's tragic, really.

34 minutes ago, Pandekage said:

...but rather the ten minutes where you're waiting for a bus in the rain and some Arsch is lighting up under the tiny bus stop canopy.

Do you think that ten minutes of second hand smoke in the outdoors is worse than living in a modern city 24/7?  If you are that worried about clean air, you''d better wear the gas mask all the time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3293757/Pollution-as-dangerous-as-passive-smoking.html

http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/china-public-health/air-pollution-or-smoking-which-is-worse-a-letter-from-dr-pope/

There is another option. If you feel that they are polluting your air. Why don't you just also fart around them?

42 minutes ago, naberlin said:

Do you think that ten minutes of second hand smoke in the outdoors is worse than living in a modern city 24/7?  If you are that worried about clean air, you''d better wear the gas mask all the time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/3293757/Pollution-as-dangerous-as-passive-smoking.html

http://www.myhealthbeijing.com/china-public-health/air-pollution-or-smoking-which-is-worse-a-letter-from-dr-pope/

Perhaps so, but I've also been desensitized to urban air, so it doesn't bother me to the same degree. Don't want to do the same with secondhand smoke  :)

51 minutes ago, naberlin said:

where you're waiting for a bus in the rain and some Arsch is lighting up under the tiny bus stop canopy.

Ever think of telling them to put it out?

Please tell me your not serious? I get it it stinks but there are so many things that can kill you, second hand smoke is probably the least of your worries.

If some twat stood next to me and pulled this stunt on me ( If I was a smoker)  They would probably find it easier to remove the mask from their arse than their face!

The comments of drug users are appalling. Why is a so huge offense that someone is wearing a mask?

Nota bene, do you know that from 1st October this year it's illegal in Austria? In Germany at the moment legal, but anti burqa law can be adopted at any time, since you can't write "burqa" explicitly in the law, all kind of masks will be banned as well.

It's absolutely normal in Asian countries for the reasons other than smoking. Actually, if I lived in Berlin and cycled to work I would seriously think about wearing one.

2 hours ago, robinson100 said:

God, there are protective masks in Germany, too. No need to fuck with the Zoll, go to any Baumarkt where they sell paints, there you will find masks. The cheapest one for 5 euro would go if it's for the bus stop only. If you plan to have sex with a chain smoker, better buy TÜV certified one, it costs a bit more (20 euro or something).

Last time I called you a name, I got banned for 3 days... 

This time I wont say it... but I will just think it...

12 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

If you can't live without TT for 3 days you should do something with your life.

12 minutes ago, naberlin said:

The OP is not talking about a face mask, but a gas mask.  

oO That is quite extreme, but anyway, people are free to wear what they want. I have the same thoughts when I see people smoking in a Biergarten in the Alps. You came for nature and clean air, but get New York smog anyway...

5 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

The last time someone called you a name someone banned all negs.