Farmhouse renovations..

146 posts in this topic

4 more pics in the album...

The Kitchen floor sub structure is fitted... BUT, the finished floor wlll also be "OSB Platten", but will have a 5mm Epoxy resin coating so it will be almost the same as it is now.. but just a tad darker..

New toy collected yesterday...  ( It was bought as Defective...)   

Spent 3 or 4 hours cleaning her up... found 3 faults... ( 2 faulty bearing housings) one faulty safety switch ( boy did that take some finding...)

Ordered replacement bearings ( Will arrive in the next few days... 

With a super duper table saw/Planer/and Router all in one... I wont need to rely on others and when done, I should double my money when selling the saw!

Woo hoo!

Pics in the link..

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNidgJKjtHWPu_uAYqhx9rNq2nGqL6SdyQamVwKsBmvkd6iR7gJD7LB4FWpnQ3PkQ?key=NDdKRlpiOVFoN01xZkU2MVU1MEluejhQRlEtenN3

Nah... if I keep it then it will get used and abused by all and sunry in the surrounding villages... one of my chippie friends has already said, "Let me know when its fixed , I need to plane a few peices of timber.."

Not a problem.. but I am the one left with the mess and sawdust to dispose of! 

7 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Not a problem.. but I am the one left with the mess and sawdust to dispose of! 

Unless you tell them otherwise and also make them bring beer. :P

43 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

New toy collected yesterday...  ( It was bought as Defective...)   

Spent 3 or 4 hours cleaning her up... found 3 faults... ( 2 faulty bearing housings) one faulty safety switch ( boy did that take some finding...)

Ordered replacement bearings ( Will arrive in the next few days... 

With a super duper table saw/Planer/and Router all in one... I wont need to rely on others and when done, I should double my money when selling the saw!

Woo hoo!

Pics in the link..

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNidgJKjtHWPu_uAYqhx9rNq2nGqL6SdyQamVwKsBmvkd6iR7gJD7LB4FWpnQ3PkQ?key=NDdKRlpiOVFoN01xZkU2MVU1MEluejhQRlEtenN3

just a thought, for these bearings to go like that they were either over torqued or the shaft is bent, suggest you check the shaft. Have you or can you get hold of a DTI?

28 minutes ago, French bean said:

just a thought, for these bearings to go like that they were either over torqued or the shaft is bent, suggest you check the shaft. Have you or can you get hold of a DTI?

I think that I may have broken one of them trying to be clever...

They are however cast from the highest quallity monkey shit.. I will refit the shaft and the measure it, with a laser...  I aöso have a depth gauge somewhere ... but I and sure its reasonably straight

Since I moved from Munich area, she has been sat in my "Dry room".... just slowly gathering dust.. 

Not sure where she will actually go in the new part of the farm.... but it could well be that I just hang the movement on two stainless steel posts fixed into the wall!!...    but the wooden case does make the "tick tock" sound better!

So, Kitchen area is complete basically complete...  Not 100% decided on flooring yet... Once i have chosen the clolour for the kitched worktop/doors etc, then she will be painted accordingly. 

The last link posted by me should auto-update... 

Would you consider putting the same flooring throughout? I think a nice light colored wood (laminate) would go well with what is there and also brighten it up a bit.

Don't forget a dishwasher. One of those smaller jobbies would probably work well.

It is looking much cleaner now and I can imagine the finished product better.

Cheers to you!

A few more picture added... Water connections in place... just need connection to the main house connection...  Bathroom/shower cabine tiled and half grouted( will be fully grouted by tomorrow lunchtime...

Now, I have a question for you guys...   do any of you have any experience with these new "Infra-rot" heating devices?

I am hearing they are good and awaiting an invite to take a look at a house that has it installed everywhere... 

As most of my lighting is via solar/12v Battery...  I am looking at the possibillity of heating with solar battery and power inverters !! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DqsgLxSLuhWd6Zed8

Oh, and the "sun pipes" / Solar tubes arrived today!!!     Geez, they arent cheap, but when combined with a 12v solar powered lap, they should work well!