Farmhouse renovations..

146 posts in this topic

Well, I have already done the lounge ... Play room and Lillys bedroom... 

BUT... The Play room is never used and it borders the Landing area at the top of the stairs ( Its about as big as a standard Bedroom for children... )

So, I have decided to knock them into one... 

Here is a link to a few pictures I have taken... More will be added as when I have time! 

http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/Reckenroth/library/

This is a biggie!!!

SP.

It's a big job all right. Should keep you busy for a while. Good inside work while the weather is getting crappy.

Some nice old timbers you have there. Look forward to following the progress.

More piccies gone in today...

Yesterday we decided that the cielings in both parts were going to come down!!   ( originally it was just the undersides that were to come down)

So... we started... whacking away at the hardened clay/straw compound and into the petrified oak laths between the Beams...

@1630, My neighbour ( Works for a Skip hire company) rocked up with a Skip and strategically placed it on the Footpathright up against the house under one of my windows!!

By 1900 it was full and the house empty of "Watle and daub"...

Shower and then bed!    

Today at 0550, container collected ... My buddy came over with his trailer and hauled away the old plasterboard and dropped it at the recycling center!

Beams are now all sandblasted off... Compressed air used to blow off all the dust from the tops of the beams and all surfaces....

Fans running, windows opened and then vacuumed up alöl the carnage!

Materials procured for tomorrows work and now its time to nip down to the pizzaria for a good old "Pat on the back" !!

Geez and I looking forward to it!

You having an einweihungsparty so all your friends can come around to celebrate?

Yes... You are naturally invited too...  

May we can iron out some issues that you seem to have with me?

Anyways... More pictures in the Bucket!!

Today we got the tongue and groove ceiling boxed off, 2 of the old Beams sorted out..

One was totally rotten at one end so we have suported that from 2 other beams and a badly bent/damaged one we managed to straighten out!!

One New oak bean installed for safety reasons... its also about as old as the farm house is as the Donor house was pulled down last year and I rescued the timbers that were worth while!

Next week I start and plan the electrics... and get the first fix in before my Builder buddy comes in in 2 weeks to finish off the plastering around the Resesses ...

Thanks for looking!

On 13.11.2017, 21:03:06, SpiderPig said:

More piccies uploaded

Nice place, Spider!

;)Where do you keep the horse?

Always nice to view someone else's hard work, I do love those beautiful old timbers, and it looks as though it is all going to be great when it's done. The Kamin in the hallway is brilliant. 

Yes...

The Wood burner is/was on the Landing/halway... 

When its all done, the burner will remain there, but will be in the Lounge/chill area!! :lol:

Whilst all this work is going on, I am considering putting in a central Vacuum cleaning system too....

I'm sure you've done your research but be sure to check reviews on CVS. They've been putting those in houses in the U.S. since I was a child and I don't know anyone who used theirs after the novelty wore off. AFAIK, they don't put them in many new builds. I could be wrong. Just sayin.