Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Frtiz DECT Telephone range

6 posts in this topic

I have a Fritz box on the ground floor and the cordless phone works well connecting to the Fritz box with DECT. Unfortunately the signal struggles to penetrate the solid concrete ceiling/floor and therefore the phone is unusable on the upper floor of the house. I do have CAT-7 cables in the house, and this enables me to have internet upstairs, but how can I get the signal for the telephone to also be available upstairs?

Have you considered using a FritzFon? They work just as well as normal phones but are connected to the WLAN. You could also get a DECT Booster for your existing setup but AFAIK they are quite pricey. If you have CAT.7 cable upstairs you could attach a repeater for your fritzbox WLAN signal upstairs. A FritzBox repeater is easy to come by for €20 if you know where to look ;-)

21 minutes ago, TallGuy said:

Have you considered using a FritzFon?

AFAIK Fritz!Fon are using DECT as well, not wifi.

Solutions:

- get DECT repeater or

- get DECT base connected via LAN/SIP (e.g. another Fritz!Box)

- get DECT base connected via analog phone connecter of the Fritz!Box. Either use a free CAT7 cable or if not available use - of the 8 wires a CAT7 cable has - 2 wires for the phone and 4 for LAN. LAN will be limited to 100 Mbps with just 4 wires, though.

23 minutes ago, sneaker said:

- get DECT base connected via LAN/SIP (e.g. another Fritz!Box)

I think this is the way to go. I have a second Fritz box 4040 which I use to extend the WLAN but it appears that this does not support DECT telephone :-( Looks like I might have to order another Fritz box...

I have installed 'Fritz!App Fon' and can now make/receive landline calls from my mobile using the wifi at home. The quality is most excellent! When connected to the home wifi and I make a call from my Android mobile, it prompts if i would like to use mobile or landline to complete the call. An incoming call rings the home phone and mobile.

In the long term I shall probably consider getting a second Fritz box (with DECT support) to extend the range of the 'normal' phone.