Dentists in Frankfurt

129 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in Frankfurt? Ideal would be someone who specializes in crowns and bridges. I did check with the US Embassy but the list for Frankfurt is rather dated and offers no details. The list for Munich (was in Munich on business when my crown broke) on the other hand give quite a bit of detail education speciality etc. So I was able to find an excellent Dentist, problem is he can do a temporary fix but long term I need major work (he figures about 2 years beginning to end) and I won't be there that long and I'm not sure I want to travel.

So I need to find a good dentist here.

thanks

Not exactly Frankfurt, but I can certainly recommend my old dentist in Oberursel:

Dr. Stephan Kraus

Zahnarzt, Oralchirurgie

Feldbergstr. 59

61440 Oberursel

Telefon: (0 61 71) 58 70 71

Not quite in Frankfurt either, but I can recommend:

John Paul McCaffrey

Hessenring 109

61348 Bad Homburg

06172 91 7798

Excellent dentist, very friendly and he's either Scottish or English, so this helps if your German is not the best!

Hi

I visited Dr. Schumacher and really didn't like him. He was definately trying to rip me off and when I went to a UK dentist, he said that the work that Dr Schumacher suggested was totally unnesessary. I am also in the process of trying to get a dentist in Frankfurt that I can trust, so far without luck. There is a dentist in my boyfriend's apartment building who he says is good and doesn't rip you off - I have never tried him but I think I might get an appointment this summer.

Dr. Barber, Staufenstrasse 4, 60323, Frankfurt Tel: 069 17 44 87

A timely(?) reply.

I just found a list of doctors/dentists on the list from the British Consulate in Frankfurt, but cannot give any recommendations:

http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/consul...urt_doctors.pdf

Actually quite a lot of other info (like shops, living & working) in the pdf links at the bottom of this page:

http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/consul...kfurt/index.htm

One thing I did not know is that there is no longer a need for a residence permit from January 2005, although they mention another document. (My 5 year permit expires soon.)

I play field hockey for ORV and one of our members is a dentist. Dr. Ralph Borgnis, again not in Frankfurt but Offenbach. He is my dentist now and not a rip off merchant. You can find him under http://dr.borgnis.de/index.html. Full address:

Praxis Dr. Ralph Borgnis

Frankfurter Str. 99

63067 Offenbach

Tel.: (069) 887976

Hope this helps

Pete

I had my wisdom teeth out ( :o ) with a dentist in Eschborn Sud.

She is either Dr Grewal or Dr Gill (can't remember which) and she did a really good job. Loads of people at my work go there, and they say that the guy that works there is also pretty good.

You can contact them on 06196 48 3230.

Good luck!

Pete, thanks for the great recommendation ... and, I can only further highly recommend Dr. Borgnis and his staff! I was in for a cleaning - very professional, excellent work and impressive prices (esp. for Germany)! My teeth have never felt cleaner - serious!

Praxis Dr. Ralph Borgnis

Frankfurter Str. 99

63067 Offenbach

Tel.: (069) 887976

Before I can proceed with any work I have to go to a Gutachter (arbitrator) so he can figure a way of not getting the insurance to cover the bridges and crowns I need. Its worth going because if they do approve it, they will cover about a third of the cost. Still expensive but every bit helps.

I know you said you don't want to travel but it may be worth considering treatment in Eastern Europe. Two years ago, my teeth were in a very sorry state and the emergency work I had done here in Germany was ineffective (i.e. the pain came back).

I decided to go to a dentist in Riga, Latvia for treatment after a recommendation from a friend. I did not attempt to claim on the insurance but this gave me the freedom to dictate what treatment I received. I had 20 root canals and all my teeth crowned or bridged (28 in total). The work took 6 visits to Riga and cost just under 6000 Euros, excluding flights, accommodation and time off work. I consider it worthwhile as my teeth are perfect and I don't have to visit a dentist at all now.

My landlord is quite a good guy and also practices dentistry in Offenbach.

Dr. Marius Mitrenca Waldstr. 228 Tel. 069/835565

He speaks 6 or 7 languages ( Italian / Spanish / English / Romanian / French included ).

I also would second the East European dental route if you can find the time. My girlfriend lives in Warsaw and I had a couple fillings done there last year - 100 Polish Zloty ( about 25 Euro ) each! A flight to Warsaw runs about 50 Euros return.

This one is close to the Hauptbahnhof in Frankfurt and very good with crowns and that type of thing:

Dr Michael Schallmayer

069 74 38 72 33

I went to a very nice dentist on Bergerstr. a few years back and as far as I am aware he is still at the praxis.

Dr. Hoffmann, Bergerstr. 183, Tel. 069 9459 2975

As far as I remember his English was quite good. At least that is what the friend who was holding me down in the chair told me.

I live in the Nordend area (near Musterschule) and my lower crown molar has just dropped out. Not a good idea to be fond of chewy sweets! Anyway, need a decent (and not exhorbitantly expensive) dentist recommedation in this area or near it if possible.

Topics merged by admin

My favorite dentist is Dr. Zimmerman in Wiesbaden about 35 minutes from Frankfurt. Ten years ago when I first arrived in Germany he was the first German I met right off the plane as I had a raging toothache. I have been to him many times since even traveling now for 3.5 hours to see him as I don't live in Wiesbaden anymore.