Nightmare Tenants, Insurance, The law

48 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, jakurrpa said:

interesting thought. let us see if they intend to carry this on.

Why?  You know the answer.

The laws need to change to protect landlords a little more.

Don't hold your breath!

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2018‎ ‎14‎:‎02‎:‎52, HEM said:

Why?  You know the answer.

Don't hold your breath!

Yes they carried on. They went to the police and told them that we had written a letter saying we would murder them unless they paid us €3000. The police dismissed this as garbled rantings with no letter shown. Now they are really peeved and have sworn revenge- we have been advised not to react, not to say anything but to be careful about where we go in case they make an accusation that we have done something and we have no witnesses. We are back in court with them in 3 weeks and I just hope someone does something to put a stop to them.

I know there has to be proof but I do not accept that because the husband is an alcoholic , he is therefore ill and not responsible.

Meanwhile we are house hunting. we would have to give up our friends, my work with dog rescue and my British legion line dance group but anything is better than living like this

On 10/23/2017, 10:52:41, jakurrpa said:

Sadly our tenants turned out to be pretty awful and from the start we had to chase out rent until after 6 months they stopped paying, were evicted and then given a reprieve under german law in 2015.

Can you clarify that? Did the eviction actually take place and then the court ruled you had to take them back if the promised they were going to pay the rent in time?

Thanks for letting us know that your nightmare is finally over. I hope you can just put it all behind you sooner rather than later.

Best of luck!

Thanks from me too @jakurrpa . It's like a Xmas present that you finally managed to put this wrong right. I bet you and your family are really going to enjoy the holidays with this nightmare behind you.

Congratulations. I am glad justice was served in the end even though it would have been so much better if it had happened years ago. Happy holidays, good luck with your new place and enjoy life with your puppy.