Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Brexit & You - Free Weekly Newsletter"

24 posts in this topic

Oh, sorry, we sent the wrong ad. Now there's one that's clearly from The Local. It should only present itself once per day, tops. 

If the facepalming was a general Brexit-related facepalm, we hear you. But with this newsletter we're trying to avoid the politics and stick to more useful info for Brits in Europe who are wondering what the hell is going on. So far people have been very positive about it.

7 minutes ago, The Local said:

Oh, sorry, we sent the wrong ad. Now there's one that's clearly from The Local. It should only present itself once per day, tops. 

If the facepalming was a general Brexit-related facepalm, we hear you. But with this newsletter we're trying to avoid the politics and stick to more useful info for Brits in Europe who are wondering what the hell is going on. So far people have been very positive about it.

What does your newsletter offers that Google does not ?

Does the Local get first hand information which all the other newspapers do not get ?

If you have any new information about this fiasco called Brexit can you share it.

Well, the main problem as you know is that nobody has a clue how this is all going to pan out. But instead of covering the party political drama in London and the posturing between the negotiators, we're talking to people around Europe - businesses, national governments, Brits - about how they are planning for life after March 2019 and what their expectations are.

We're also rounding up the views from the European press - which you could of course get from Google but we're saving you the hassle.

And finally, we are listing and linking to local events around Europe which could shed some light on the situation and allow people to air their views.

6 or 7 times this morning, and again just now.  "once per day"  would have been an improvement but is now far too much.

why don't you add a "no thanks" or "don't show this again" checkbox to the ad?

The ad on Toytown was only set up an hour ago, although it has been running on thelocal.de for a few days.

It should not appear more than once per day, and only twice in total. If you've clicked on it to find out more, you shouldn't see it again.

Actually, I can tolerate this popup stuff far far better than downright personal attacks which happen way too often lately. Can we TTers make a deal - you put more "Local" stuff on here which we tolerate in exchange for you moderating TT better against personal attacks which happen by the same regular axis of idiots on a daily basis? We try to discuss stuff but they get derailed by needless stupid ad hominems. We don't know any more than anyone else and perhaps all we spout is horseshit, but these attacks are so tiresome I liken to them to flies on horseshit.

1 hour ago, jeremytwo said:

Actually, I can tolerate this popup stuff far far better than downright personal attacks which happen way too often lately. Can we TTers make a deal - you put more "Local" stuff on here which we tolerate in exchange for you moderating TT better against personal attacks which happen by the same regular axis of idiots on a daily basis? We try to discuss stuff but they get derailed by needless stupid ad hominems. We don't know any more than anyone else and perhaps all we spout is horseshit, but these attacks are so tiresome I liken to them to flies on horseshit.

There's a lot of unwritten rules about posting here, once you figure them out the stupid ad hominem attacks tend to disappear and you even get the odd greenie!

1 hour ago, The Local said:

It should not appear more than once per day, and only twice in total.

So is it once or twice?

1 hour ago, The Local said:

If you've clicked on it to find out more, you shouldn't see it again.

Not falling for your clickbait.

24 minutes ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

There's a lot of unwritten rules about posting here, once you figure them out the stupid ad hominem attacks tend to disappear and you even get the odd greenie!

Ah, think I got them...

"Hilary shoulda been president"

"Trump is shit"

There, did that stop them?

31 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So is it once or twice?

Not falling for your clickbait.

Once per day, and twice in total - so once on one day and once on another day.

It's not clickbait. Clickbait is misleading headlines which lure you into an article only to find something completely different. This is an announcement about a free newsletter on a very topical subject of concern to a lot of people. We think is informative and useful.

2 hours ago, The Local said:

The ad on Toytown was only set up an hour ago,

ah I see!

I must have totally imagined the 6 or 7 times a "sign up for brexit news" ad appeared this morning?  Any time I opened a thread?  Erm...as others also describe?

good lord.  

oh let me guess...it's a DIFFERENT ad now...?

put a freaking "don't show this again" button on it!  It's not rocket science

I believe my ad was simply suggesting I read The Loco. Nothing about Brexit. I didn't really read it as I never read ads so can't be sure. Maybe the Brexit ones are aimed at Brits.

4 hours ago, lisa13 said:

6 or 7 times this morning, and again just now.  "once per day"  would have been an improvement but is now far too much.

why don't you add a "no thanks" or "don't show this again" checkbox to the ad?

Exactly!

2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

We'll see what I get tomorrow or can I opt out here and now?

Can I please please PLEASE opt out of this horrific huge horrible popup ad!?

I swear to God, I will go to every English speaking meetup in town and tell people to stay away from here!! This sucks!!!

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

I believe my ad was simply suggesting I read The Loco. Nothing about Brexit. I didn't really read it as I never read ads so can't be sure. Maybe the Brexit ones are aimed at Brits.

well if that's the case, their data mining isn't working - my profile explicitly states I'm american :/

and I am