Android developer in Darmstadt/Frankfurt

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have been offering a job as Android Developer in Darmstadt and I am considering the possibility to relocate there. I have been living for four years now, and what I really enjoy is the possibility to switch job easily when I feel it is the time to move on. My question is will I have the same possibility in Frankfurt ? Neither linkedin nor stackoverflow seem to have lot of jobs offer in that area

No Idea but if you have been living for just four years it's pretty impressive to be a Android Developer.

There are plenty of Tech jobs in Frankfurt and Darmstadt, but I don't know specifically about Android.  

But I would not expect Linkedin or Stack overflow to offer a lot of Germany.  Xing is used more than LinkedIn in Germany, and if I wanted to recruit I wouldn't use Stackoverflow.

You need to search more German specific job sites. 

A quick search on Monster.de shows 200+ hits for the Keyword "Android" around Darmstadt.

https://www.monster.de/en/search/?q=android&where=darmstadt&intcid=swoop_EN_HeroSearch&cy=de&rad=20

@GER308 lol, if forgot to add in Berlin, the sentence in my head was  I have been living in Berlin for four years now

@dj_jay_smith thanks, I didn't think of Xing/monster. When you say, and if I wanted to recruit I would only use Stackoverflow, did you mean Xing instead of Stackoverflow ?

Thanks 

Just now, blackbelt said:

@GER308 lol, if forgot to add in Berlin, the sentence in my head was  I have been living in Berlin for four years now

@dj_jay_smith thanks, I didn't think of Xing/monster. When you say, and if I wanted to recruit I would only use Stackoverflow, did you mean Xing instead of Stackoverflow ?

Thanks 

Oops, my turn for a typo!  What I mean to say (now updated) is that "I wouldn't use Stackoverflow.". 

Maybe in the US or India, but I wouldn't use that in Germany unless I wanted very specific and difficult to find skills (and would probably pay relocation costs).