Mietpreisbremse - Rental price break in WG Zimmer (shared flats)

12 posts in this topic

Hallo forum!

I been reading a lot of diverse information about the rental price break and unfortunately I'm still not sure about this topic. I want to rent out my flat as as a WG apartment. There are 2 available rooms (maybe I will live in one of them, but I'll be moving around as well). If I fully furnish and equip de apartment and rent the rooms with separate temporary contracts, does the mietpreisbremse still applies? Would renting with temporary contract implies any extra taxes, etc? Any other things I might need to know regarding this?

Thanks to all, this forum has been of so much help.

Eric

On a furnished place, no. It's the reason more and more landlords are moving to furnished places. As always you will need to declare the profit (gross income less expenses) on your tax return. 

Here's an English article on the rent brake.

edit: it's possible the rent brake would apply to a WG but even so a 10% hike is still substantial. 

If your main concern is maximizing your profit at the expense of your tenants, the least you could do is pay for a lawyer to give you full advice/cover on this kind of question.

It's the capitalist thing to do.

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

If your main concern is maximizing your profit at the expense of your tenants, the least you could do is pay for a lawyer to give you full advice/cover on this kind of question.

Sure,  at the moment I'm trying to gather as much info as I can so I can know what I'm talking about for when I hire someone to advice me legally.

1 hour ago, Tim Hortons Man said:

On a furnished place, no. It's the reason more and more landlords are moving to furnished places. As always you will need to declare the profit (gross income less expenses) on your tax return. 

Here's an English article on the rent brake.

edit: it's possible the rent brake would apply to a WG but even so a 10% hike is still substantial. 

Good website, very informative. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ericlemans said:

Sure,  at the moment I'm trying to gather as much info as I can so I can know what I'm talking about for when I hire someone to advice me legally.

ha!

sure.

He doesn'

9 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

the Meitverein would be much cheaper.

Just now, lisa13 said:

or perhaps the LANDLORD equivalent, since that's what the OP intends to be

I don't understand why the negative replies... I want to live in the house but also be flexible enough for when I need to leave in some periods of time. And by "expense of the tenants", do you mean  idea of providing young professionals or students with a fully furnished flat where they can live comfortably for a fair price?

if the price is "fair" why would you worry about the bremse?

Based on the small amount of information you've offered, I can only assume you have a mind for profit

which necessitates that it comes at someone else's expense.

eta:  and you didn't talk about renting your flat as you might be "away", you specifically asked about renting two AVAILABLE ROOMS.  

2 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

if the price is "fair" why would you worry about the bremse?

Based on the small amount of information you've offered, I can only assume you have a mind for profit

which necessitates that it comes at someone else's expense.

I with say Lisa, with respect, that if you're going to criticise someone, base your arguments on facts and not on assumptions.

then you should provide more "facts"

what is the cost of your apartment?  What price do you hope to get for those two "available rooms"?

I'm sorry but Berlin has gone from a very affordable city to Munich conditions (erm, but without the jobs) in a few short years.

Why?  greed.  that's it.

"good luck" to you in your endevors