toyota avensis T27 diesel - the range of tires legally

5 posts in this topic

hii,

I need to buy a new set of 4 season tires for my avensis T27 diesel car, it is 2liter engine. 

after searched thru all that list of ganzjahr reifen, i narrowed it down to maxxis ap2 of size 215 55 r17 94v which sounds good  range of price with good control in wet weather.

as i rang the tech support of reifen.de, i asked them to confirm if it suitable to my car which i bought 2nd hand (2 years car) with 215 55 r17 94w tires on it, they don't dare to say if this maxxis tire will allow my tuv inspection to go thru without problem.

how, to buy this size of 4 season tire of speed rating of W, the price is way too high out of my range.  the maxxis tire that i was targetting is around 86 euro , that's the range of tire i am looking for. i don't want tristar tire that is so much cheaper, because i saw the braking distant is "too long" according to the tire test review, safety is still very important to me. 

has anybody any suggestion ?

does anybody has a facelit model of avensis t27 diesel ? baujahr is around 2014 .

i don't have my CoC of the car, and i what to know what are the other tire size or speed index that is allowable for this car ??

thanks

andrew

may i know

You really need to have the HSN and TSN, otherwise the details above are really not enough.  And even a trained mechanic would have to look this up.

But if you have the HSN and TSN then you can use a website such as this:  https://www.reifendirekt.de/Advice/

This will list what is available for your car.

Personally I don't recommend all year tyres, as they are a compromise for both summer and winter.  So they will wear out quicker, have worse fuel economy.  And they cost more.

A thread on the topic.  https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/19266-summer-winter-tires-vs-all-season-tyres/?page=4

hii DJ,

i know all season is not as recommendable. and they are more expensive.

my HSN is 5013

TSN is AHM

because i don't have an extra set of wheel (rim). that's the problem. to buy a new set will cost me lot of money.. so my wife and i decided we try first with all season.

ths

Most people just get cheap steel rims for their winter tires. They don't cost much.