What's with drawing in the assholes in children's books?

64 posts in this topic

Seriously, why do the illustrators go to the extra effort to draw the assholes on the cows, pigs, chickens or whatever in children's books in Germany?  I get the anatomically correct angle, but you can't see the assholes on living chickens, so why draw them on in kid's books?  Ja voll mein Sohn, Hühner haben auch Arschlöcher... 

2 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

Maybe just ANALytical?😀 Jeez, the quote system is also a nightmare on a SmartPhone:o

1 hour ago, kapokanadensis said:

but you can't see the assholes on living chickens

You can if you get really friendly with them.

In Vatican there is a museum with vast collection of old Greek/Roman art. The statues depict women and men with anatomical details: many thousand years ago people saw human body as something produced by nature. But then came the God and said that humans should be ashamed of own bodies (apparently made by God, so people should be ashamed of God's own job). So all the statues have these anatomical details covered with some leaves.

But Germany is not Vatican. Maybe you can go to Rome and apply for asylum on the basis of those pictures in child books.

23 minutes ago, Thormein said:

Can you give an example?

I've never seen such a thing.

I would not suggest a Google search on those terms...

26 minutes ago, BradinBayern said:

I would not suggest a Google search on those terms...

Yeah i tried but couldn't. I don't know the german word(s).

a friend of mine showed me her family's favorite kids book and it was basically the story of a pooping "war" between a dog? and...I think a hedgehog.  She was laughing so hysterically in anticipation when I got to the "punchline" last page...I dunno.  It was hard for me to relate to or appreciate at all.

and of course there is the illustrious "everyone poops"

I still don't get it.  when I was a kid, assholes and poop were not particularly noteworthy outside of...well, the basics.

3 minutes ago, Metall said:

There *is* a sort of tendency of German humor towards fecal jokes...

Heilige Scheiße, jetzt fängt auch schon Metall mit dem verkackten Rassismus an... :-)

Anyway...

11 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

[..] her family's favorite kids book and it was basically the story of a pooping "war" between a dog? and...I think a hedgehog.

Yes, a dog, but not a hedgehog, 'twas a mole...

Amazon-Link

And the English wiki is here

And here is an article of The Guardian

I had a look at the links, and I still think fecal humor is kinda tasteless (pun intended).

Sort of a low life feel.

A certain (lady!) colleague likes to laugh raucously about stuff like this (plus thinly veiled jokes about buff men, people with odd names, or my refusal to participate in toilet humor), other (male) colleagues constantly use "Scheisse!!!" as a sort of interpunction in full meetings... it's a culture thing.

25 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Best thread topic ever!

No, the best was about a New Yorker who went to the Oktoberfest for years and asked TT why he always had to take a dump in his Lederhosen. Different beer, different food.

3 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

No, the best was about a New Yorker who went to the Oktoberfest for years and asked TT why he always had to take a dump in his Lederhosen. Different beer, different food.

If ever Hollywood makes a movie out of that, Van Halen's "Dump" will be the title song...

My kids thinks it's funny to look for the thing (human, animal, whatever) pooping in the "Wir entdecken die Ritterburg" book.  There is someone using a privy, another page has some cow pooping....

Identifying animal poo is essential to survival for indigenous people as well as our own ancestors of long ago, who were dependent on hunting wild animals for food.