How do I send a package back to Amazon via DPD?

33 posts in this topic

I'm trying to send a big parcel back to amazon (bought the wrong size balcony fence, if it matters).

the Amazon seller sent me a returns label via email, I snipped it  out and affixed the barcodes as it instructed...!

dpd shop near me said they couldn't take a parcel to send even if I pay... DPD said "ask Amazon"... do other DPD shops take returns?!

im going from pillar to post here...!

58 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Amazon uses Hermes and DHL AFAIK.

Wasn't there anything on the label?

Plenty but nothing as simple as "take it to x and tell them y and pay z"!

2 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

Plenty but nothing as simple as "take it to x and tell them y and pay z"!

Is it a DPD label at all?

What did the shops say why they don't take it?

Is the box too big (check the Gurtmaß as Panda suggested)

7 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

Nah it's an Amazon *seller*

I feel your pain recently dealt with Amazon on a 90 pound item that needed to be returned to the seller because it was damaged.  

Can you return it by the same carrier that delivered it? You can also ask Amazon or the seller who do you send it back with and they'll tell you. Have you tried emailing Amazon or the "seller" to inquire?

15 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

Nah it's an Amazon *seller*

So, what is the return policy for the seller? Check this, as many of the affiliated sellers with Amazon will only pay return postage if item is faulty.

I do always check if it not from Amazon itself, as the postage to return can mean it is not worth buying! So always check the seller.

1 hour ago, someonesdaughter said:

Is it a DPD label at all?

What did the shops say why they don't take it?

Is the box too big (check the Gurtmaß as Panda suggested)

Yup, DPD label.

they just said they take no DPD returns at all, nothing to do with size / girth :-)

50 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

So, what is the return policy for the seller? Check this, as many of the affiliated sellers with Amazon will only pay return postage if item is faulty.

I do always check if it not from Amazon itself, as the postage to return can mean it is not worth buying! So always check the seller.

As I mentioned, DPD only or the buyer pays.

8 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

Yup, DPD label.

they just said they take no DPD returns at all, nothing to do with size / girth :-)

So they tell you which carrier they DONT take returns from, but didn't say which carriers they DO accept returns from?  

Have you tried emailing or even calling Amazon's customer care line for Amazon to help you get this sorted as they have some responsible to assist you since you bought it from one of their sellers.  BTW, there's some bad sellers on Amazon. I got the run around and then I ran straight to Amazon Corporate Headquarters to get my issue resolved.

I would contact dpd directly and ask them where to take it.  

or just check their site.  returns explained here:  https://www.dpd.com/de_privatkunden#!retoure

shops that should take the returns (as linked at the bottom of the page above) listed here:  https://www.dpd.com/de_privatkunden#!pickup_paketshop

if you went to one of those pickup packetshops and they refused to take it for return, call dpd.  

33 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

I would contact dpd directly and ask them where to take it.  

or just check their site.  returns explained here:  https://www.dpd.com/de_privatkunden#!retoure

shops that should take the returns (as linked at the bottom of the page above) listed here:  https://www.dpd.com/de_privatkunden#!pickup_paketshop

if you went to one of those pickup packetshops and they refused to take it for return, call dpd.  

Thanks!!!!! 

And this whole story demonstrates just why I hate Amazon and other "On-line shopping portals"....

Why not go to a real shop.. pay a fair price and not have all the shite and bollox of sending it back?

6 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

And this whole story demonstrates just why I hate Amazon and other "On-line shopping portals"...

Why not go to a real shop.. pay a fair price and not have all the shite and bollox of sending it back?

Sorry but, what you are suggesting is similar to seeing a car that broke down, an then deciding not ever buying a car.

Online shopping is wonderful, and I doubt there will be this many stores out on the streets in the long term, as it is very hard for them to compete with online sellers when one considers the costs.

I believe traditional, above middle age people are currently keeping the stores alive, as they have difficulties adapting to the new ways of living.

My frustration with shopping "live" is I have to run all over town to find what I want, and the variety is also often lacking.  Eg shoes:  every reasonably affordable shop in munich has the same freaking shoes.  It can really take a lot of time and effort to track down something interesting on foot.

So for me it's much easier to shop online for most things.

I like to shop in stores, too, but usually I save those outings for times when I just want to aimlessly shop, with nothing particular in mind.  Or for large things that I can't easily receive and/or return via DHL (Post is literally across the street from my apartment for pick up or drop off - score!)

If you ever tried to return anything to Saturn or Media-Markt you would know why I buy stuff from Amazon. Real shops can be a pain as well.