Getflix and Dazn networking issue

8 posts in this topic

I have Getflix DNS servers in my DDWRT router and all is working well. They recently added support to Dazn.com, a sports service that I subscribe to here in Germany. In Getflix settings, you have the option to change the version of DAZN to various regions worldwide, and the option to turn this off and revert to your home country. As I am based in Germany, I want to revert to my home country, Germany. The problem is, when I turn off the region option for DAZN on Getflix, I get a 'Not available in your country message' when I use DAZN. The workaround is to set the Getflix option for DAZN to 'Germany'. This works, but I don't want to do this long-term in case they start clamping down on the DNS and VPN providers.

I have contacted DAZN repeatedly, but they keep fobbing me off. My question: Would it be possible to redirect the DNS request for DAZN.com away from Getflix while having all other DNS requests going through their servers as normal? How could it be done?

57 minutes ago, Noel Furlong said:

My question: Would it be possible to redirect the DNS request for DAZN.com away from Getflix while having all other DNS requests going through their servers as normal? How could it be done?

Short of running your own DNS server (on a rapsberry pi or such) I can't see a way to do this on DD-WRT

If you modify your /etc/hosts, be prepared to have to update it whenever DAZN change theirs.  Could never happen, or could happen daily ...

Yes, it's 100% a Getflix issue. I have tried a few times to report it as a bug that needs to be fixed, but their (increasingly frustrating) customer service keeps asking me to change basic settings and take screenshots, which is a waste of my time. I was hoping for a quick DIY solution, but it seems I just have to jump through their hoops to finally reach their tech team.

I switched to Getflix (based on recommendations here) from UnoTelly but it's stopped working. It seems that VPNs stop working after a while or at least that was my experience with Unottelly Anyways anyone else having problems?

Edit: contacted support a few times but they haven't been able to fix it.

I had a couple of experiences with smartDNS (getflix) over the weekend but things sorted themselves out after a couple of router resets.

I used OpenVPN in the meantime and all worked whilst DNS was down.

What software are you using for OpenVPN, I have a dedicated router and I use a third party app sideloaded to Amazon Firesticks for when I'm away from home.

Edit: Are your issues VPN in general or just DAZN related?