Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I received a letter from a Gerichtsvollzieher? I think asking me to pay him money?

19 posts in this topic

My German is terrible but I think this has to do with the TV (Rundfunk) fee thing. I have no idea what it's saying so help is appreciated. Here's a link to the first page of the letter from this Gerichtsvollzieher guy.

https://i.imgur.com/tklI58C.jpg

In the same envelope there is also a letter from the Bayerischer Rundfunk. 

Right, they want you to pay for the TV license.  You can find a very long thread on this here: https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/324660-refusing-to-pay-tv-license-fees-rundfunkbeitrag/?page=1

If you don't pay, you can at some point expect the court bailiff (gerichtsvollzieher) to show up at your house and either want cash, look for cash or in the absence of cash, start to look for and relieve you of your valuable possessions.

So I'm supposed to send this guy the amount he asked for (231 euros) to his bank account? And then I'm supposed to register to pay the monthly fee right? (I stopped getting the letters asking me to subscribe so I have no idea how I'm supposed to register now)

14 minutes ago, LeonG said:

Right, they want you to pay for the TV license.  You can find a very long thread on this here: https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/324660-refusing-to-pay-tv-license-fees-rundfunkbeitrag/?page=1

If you don't pay, you can at some point expect the court bailiff (gerichtsvollzieher) to show up at your house and either want cash, look for cash or in the absence of cash, start to look for and relieve you of your valuable possessions.

Where do I get that job? Robbing people for the government sounds awesome. 

16 minutes ago, LeonG said:

And furthermore the letter threatens the f*ck-up of your creditworthiness ("Eintragung im Schuldnerverzeichnis") and arrest ("Verhaftung") if you refuse to give the disclosure of your assets. 

So I'm supposed to send this guy the amount he asked for (231 euros) to his bank account?

You are supposed to visit his office at the given time and date. And I suggest you pay before you go there and bring proof that you paid.

Do the letters stop after that? 

Yes – but they will resume if you go on with not paying. 

I see. Did it say what the meeting is about? I mean if he gets the money, what more does he want?

Also, do you know how I can register to pay the monthly fees? Since I'm not getting those kind of letters anymore. Only threat letters apparently.

1 minute ago, Hasani said:

I see. Did it say what the meeting is about?

About your debts.

I mean if he gets the money, what more does he want?

Proof that you paid.

Also, do you know how I can register to pay the monthly fees?

I bet it's written in the second letter you mentioned:

In the same envelope there is also a letter from the Bayerischer Rundfunk. 

You can do it online, too: https://www.rundfunkbeitrag.de/buergerinnen_und_buerger/formulare/anmelden/index_ger.html

Just now, someonesdaughter said:

I bet it's written in the second letter you mentioned

Actually there was no form in that second letter. So I'll just do it online.

Alright then. Thank you all for your help. 

I just have to say, this is a very stupid law and I don't understand how Germans put up with it.

14 minutes ago, Petro6golf said:

I don't know where you apply but there is apparently an 18 month ausbildung involved.  I imagine that you are dealing with a lot of hostile clients in that job as you are going to their house either to grab their cash or to kick them out of their apartments.

2 minutes ago, LeonG said:

I don't know where you apply but there is apparently an 18 month ausbildung involved.  

I think the Gerichtsvollzieher are all verbeamtet (i.e. EU citizenship required).

30 minutes ago, Petro6golf said:

You can apply there*:

http://www.olg-stuttgart.de/pb/,Lde/Startseite/Ausbildung+und+Beruf/Gerichtsvollzieher_in+_LL_B_

:) 

*You need either to be a German national or a national of EU/EWR/certain non-EU/EWR states.

Those EWR states are Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, the non-EU/EWR state is Switzerland. 

43 minutes ago, engelchen said:

I think the Gerichtsvollzieher are all verbeamtet (i.e. EU citizenship required).

I found a link saying that you used to have to be a beamte but some years ago they decided to let the public apply as long as they have the qualifications (ausbildung).  However, it's possible that they just did that for show and that you actually do have to be a beamte to have a chance at the job.  Not a job that I'd want to do though.  Sounds stressful.

Here's the link I found: https://www.oberlandesgericht-oldenburg.niedersachsen.de/informationen/berufe_justiz/gerichtsvollzieherin_gerichtsvollzieher/gerichtsvollzieheringerichtsvollzieher-79985.html

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

However, it's possible that they just did that for show and that you actually do have to be a beamte to have a chance at the job.  Not a job that I'd want to do though.  Sounds stressful.

Interesting link. It wouldn't want to do the job either, however, the ad is really interesting. 

It seems that you can be employed during the Fortbildung, but then verbeamtet after. However, they don't explicitly require an European citizenship. I wonder if they never considered a foreigner would apply or they've made arrangements for an exception. 

10 minutes ago, Hasani said:

It turns out that I didn't actually have to go to that meeting. Transferring the money was enough.

Yes, you can avoid the meeting if you pay first and let the guy know.  A friend of mine recently had a letter from the court telling him to pay up on a debt.  He did and we faxed the receipt to the company he owed as well as the court.  However, they had already called a bailiff to come to his house so the day after he paid, he got a letter from the bailiff saying he was going to visit him about a week later.  He phoned the bailiff and told him he'd paid and faxed him the receipt as well and the bailiff cancelled the appointment.

Hello All, 

Please help me. 

I left my job in Germany in April 2019 and I left Germany in May 2019. Thereafter, AOK did not cancel the insurance and 9 months later they sent a Gerichtsvollzieher who delivered a letter to my former employer saying I owe 7.000 euro, because it seems AOK started charging the maximum of 800 euro per month. 

Before I continue, some questions about the Gerichtsvollzieher:

1. Is he private or a public worker? 

2. Does he buys the debt from AOK (does AOK sells their debts to them)? 

3. Is the notification made to my former employer legally valid? 

4. If the letter was never opened, can the Gerichtsvollzieher act against me validly? 

5. Can the Gerichtvollzieher act against me in Italy? 

I called AOK trying to both cancel the insurance from now on and to cancel (or a least remodulate) the debt regarding the period May2019-January2020. They asked me for documents, that I provided and now AOK informed me that they will send me a final decision on my situation by post (of course I have no idea how long it will take). 

Question: 

1. If AOK accepts cancelling or remodulating the debt, will they tell the Gerichtsvollzieher to stop his actions?

2. What shall I do? 

Looking forward to your help! 

Thanks in advance

On 10/9/2017, 2:07:46, LeonG said:

Happened to me lol

After 2 years of not paying some lawyer contacted me that i have to pay to him the sum since the radio company gave him all the rights to recuperate the costs I had to pay around 400 euros.