Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mods: Toytown Aggression

31 posts in this topic

Toytown now seems to be getting more and more aggressive.

What I would like to know is why have the mods taken sides ?

Why is it always the same people that are being given the timeouts and the people who cause the aggression just being allowed to move to different threads 

to attack new people.

Come on @dessa_dangerous, @Editor Bob, @Malcolm Spudbury, have you decided who is guilty before even reading the posts ?

If this is my last post, Goodbye and Goodnight. 

Damn you bottle of wine.

Not really a new problem, I don't think. There are people who get away with really horrible behaviour unchecked, like the lady who picks on people and doesn't accept any criticism, like those who have spent much time threatening to 'meet up with' certain posters personally, whilst giving out online information they picked up offline with no permission, like those who pick on newbies All The Time.

Is it worse? I think the threat of having your actual life displayed online against your wishes is a disaster, and that does seem to be new-ish. Thank goodness you and I do not live in the centre of TTness. Personal security is exactly that, and not for others to decide. That is the thing I would leave TT over in a heartbeat, hence I find it a concern.

Maybe partly it is about whether you are dishing it out, on the receiving end, or just noticing it. Trying to point it out is a waste of time, my last one of those got removed, but not the unpleasantness which preceeded my contribution, but then maybe I was being saved from a potential law suit by someone who knows more about libel than me...?

I think you have a point that sometimes there does seem to be a group of 'untouchables' who can seriously infringe the rules with no comeback, and some posters who are punished unfairly, but I suspect that is a common conception of forums, not just TT. 

If we each choose to be someone who tries to write in a measured way, to read a post we find odd/upsetting/shocking several times to check we got the intended meaning straight, to walk away rather than respond immediately to a slight (difficult to do), the more we will each be helping to lower the aggression. That could only be good...

I think this might be tl:dr. Only a glass in my case!

11 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Not really a new problem, I don't think. There are people who get away with really horrible behaviour unchecked, like the lady who picks on people and doesn't accept any criticism, like those who have spent much time threatening to 'meet up with' certain posters personally, whilst giving out online information they picked up offline with no permission, like those who pick on newbies All The Time.

Now that you have had a pop at me...

Maybe the person that you share your "off line" life with... shouldnt fucking blab about that "off-line" life!

Just saying!

54 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Off topic and just out of curiosity, other than the Admins above, who are the mods nowadays? 

There used to be a link at the bottom of the page, but if it still exists, I can't find it. 

8 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

Now that you have had a pop at me...

Maybe the person that you share your "off line" life with... shouldnt fucking blab about that "off-line" life!

It wasn't you I had in mind, and I don't really know what you mean. I don't 'share' my offline life with anyone on TT. 

Guest - I think Gen, and STB was made one relatively recently, I think (bit vague on all that).

SP I think you mean when jeremy was upset about when you put stuff about him on, but he had previously written it all on here anyway, which I said to him at the time. Storm in a teacup.

8 hours ago, kiplette said:

Is it worse? I think the threat of having your actual life displayed online against your wishes is a disaster, and that does seem to be new-ish. Thank goodness you and I do not live in the centre of TTness. Personal security is exactly that, and not for others to decide. That is the thing I would leave TT over in a heartbeat, hence I find it a concern.

Yes, having my private life displayed online was the reason I left here. It is known as doxing and a big no no.

4 minutes ago, Krieg said:

And a bit of advice, you yourself have posted links to your YouTube channel which is titled with your real name IIRC.

And his blog, likewise.

You weren't doxxed, jez. You finally embarrassed yourself so badly (which I admit I never thought would happen) that you demanded that the admins nuke your account.

Stop trying to paint yourself as a victim. You viciously attacked a friendly, respected, long-time TTer for no reason and then, when called on it, doubled down. Any respect I might ever have had for you or tolerance for your repeated, late-night drunken antics evaporated in that instant, never to return. And I suspect I'm not the only one.

The only thing that puzzles me is why you're allowed to play out your Walking Dead routine on here.

30 minutes ago, Krieg said:

@RenegadeFurther complaining about people being aggressive?   When you think you've seen it all here someone manages to surprise you.

Do you think you should be going around acting all pointless ? It is generally amusing that you think you are Mr internet hard guy.  

Being bullied by you on the internet is like being mauled by a sheep.

24 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Be careful 

I am not sure what exactly you are referring to, but all I know about your private life you posted it here yourself.   And a bit of advice, you yourself have posted links to your YouTube channel which is titled with your real name IIRC.  I assume people could just google then your name and find your Facebooks/Twitters/Instagrams/etc because if you use your real name in YouTube you probably did it in the other ones.

If you are so concerned about your privacy then you might as well be a bit more careful.

Be careful @jeremytwo internets greatest tough guy got out of bed the wrong side.

Gotta love how the guy who spent over a year calling people fools, idiots, and much worse now has his panties in a wad about aggression on the forum.

And immediately lashes out at anyone who responds to him.

Some people come on here and say such shitty things, things full of bigotry and misogyny and genocide and hatred, and then get viciously angry and aggressive when other posters tell them that is not acceptable and get personal right away. At this point, when they are put on a time-out, they cry foul and play the victim. No, people telling you that you are being shitty and vile when you are being shitty and vile is not an attack. It is a mirror the other poster is holding up to you while saying, "Look! Look at yourself! You must be better than this because if you are not I do not want to share space on this planet, much less time on this forum, with you." The admins or mods are simply using their power to let you know that they also see this behavior and agree it is unacceptable.

No, when you say shitty things and you get responses back that reflect that fact, you are not being discriminated against. You are being shown the proverbial door and offered a choice. It's no one's fault but your own when you make the wrong one. It's time folks learn to communicate like adults. 

11 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Gotta love how the guy who spent over a year calling people fools, idiots, and much worse now has his panties in a wad about aggression on the forum.

How much time a day do you think of me. It is very clear I am inside your head.

For the umpteenth time get a hobby.

1 minute ago, RenegadeFurther said:

How much time a day do you think of me. It is very clear I am inside your head.

For the umpteenth time get a hobby.

Dude, seriously, you post smack on an open forum and a regular responds. That is not personal. That is literally the definition of how this works.

Just now, RenegadeFurther said:

blah blah blah

Physician, heal thyself.

And get over yourself. The amount of time I think of you daily is none. None less thinking of you.

59cc9efd3cb53_check-your-ego-t-shirts-me

10 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Come on @dessa_dangerous, @Editor Bob, @Malcolm Spudbury, have you decided who is guilty before even reading the posts ?

Those are the only mods on the forum anymore.  I haven't been an admin since I quit in 2006.  And the Wiki is still broken -- the links here to the Moderation Team don't work anymore, looks to me like they've been turned off: https://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Moderation_team 

I believe that many of those who are particularly aggressive and offensive are parents. How would they feel if their kids behaved like this towards others? Cyber aggression has long since taken over playground antics.  The consequences can be fatal.  

I used to be a lot more involved in TT up to about a year or so ago, but today, I think twice about posting because of the aggressive responses that regularly appear. There were always a few who got "stuck in", but I knew who they were and could avoid them. Today I would say about 50% of regular posters can become incredibly insulting and aggressive and I figure there's enough of that out in the real world, I don't need to invite it into my private life, so I come on here less and less.  It's a shame because TT could be a valuable asset to newcomers or people who need help, but it's not worth the risk sometimes to just ask a simple question.