Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Daily travel between Frankfurt & Cologne

4 posts in this topic

Hallo Every one ,

As part of my new job I need to travel daily from Frankfurt to cologne . 

I came across Bahn 100  . Please let me know is any other options are available other than Bahn 100.

Thanks,

Kamalakar.

I cannot see anything cheaper on the train for this route than the Bahncard 100.  The weekly ticket is 150 to 170 depending on the route, monthly 468 to 520. 

The Bahncard 100 as a monthly Abo is 388. so a bargain if you use it 5 days a week.  Downside is being tied into a minimum of 12 months.   But with the monthly Abo you are allowed to cancel on a monthly basis after the first 13 months. 

Be aware if you buy the year card rather than the Abo, it autorenews unless you instruct DB otherwise at least 6 weeks before it expires.

Bahncard is the best option with the most flexibility for you, as you can also travel with ICE, making the trip a rather short and pleasant one (and bonus, you can explore Germany for free during the weekends). 

The route weekly/monthly ticket will 

In theory you can find a cheaper option with FlixBus (they do sell monthly tickets for specific routes, but you'll need to call them), but  it will take you 2,5-3 hours (and you'll be dependent on the traffic in both cities). 

8 minutes ago, Merl said:

Bahncard is the best option with the most flexibility for you, as you can also travel with ICE,

The considerably more expensive weekly and monthly ticket prices I gave (170 - 520) also valid on ICE.  But would only make sense if OP did not want to commit to 12 month deal.