Would like to move and work in Germany, particularly in Schleswig-Holstein

56 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2017, 8:18:45, Bogs said:

Hello guys, thank you for the information and your ideas are greatly appreciated. Ive been living here in canada for 5 years now and hopefully will get my citizenship next year February 2018. 

I will sure look into everything that you put in here to help me. I am not really after the salary right now, im more of having a job for the moment and will take it from there. I had this site read a little bit its called  "make-it-in-germany.com", its all saying there to have a knowledge about the language and get the level a2 for basic requirement if you arent applying to a professional kind of job. 

I have 4 years experience back in the philippines as medical-surgical Nurse so i think i can get into a special area like OR when i get into the point of really upgrading my education in Germany. 

Thank you so much again and regards to everybody :)

Hi there,

I accidentally got onto this side here and would like to put some positive for you here. Sure its going to be hard to learn a new language and starting again new in a new country yet as I can see you have done it before and if you really want it you will make it no matter what.

I have lived also in Canada and even been hospitalised there many times and sure can tell you that nurses in Canada aren't doing better then in Germany because they are all also overworked and used hardly esp the new comers .

Maybe you make more money in Canada as a nurse yet will that make you happier? 

Also you said you want to move to Germany to your boyfriend which shouldn't matter then anyway how much more you could make anywhere else.

In addition, the UKSH in Kiel and Luebek is extending hugely;therefore , I know that there will be plenty of new jobs to come and then again if you aren't trying it you don't know if and what kind of chance you may miss out on.

Moreover, if you and your boyfriend will have children in Germany its not true that you can't take them with you if this relationship won't work out !

I agree that you most differently should get your citizenship in Canada yet that doesn't mean that you can't start to live nor work in Germany already.

Hopefully you will take just the goods from sides like this here and not get too focused on the not so goods of other peoples minds and of course not of mine either.

Like some said here If you set your heart on it there is and shouldn't be anything in your way to stop you and I am sure that your boyfriend will support you in every way he possibly can.

Also all the best of luck from me to the two of you guys there and I will hold my thumbs for you.

:rolleyes:

man i am advise u to think hard and extremly harder doing all of this for a man.

Im regretting my deicison coming here . I could have been better off being in my country. 

36 minutes ago, Honey my sweet Love said:

if you and your boyfriend will have children in Germany its not true that you can't take them with you if this relationship won't work out !

Can you back this up? Do you know someone who had a kid with a German here in Germany, and then split up and left the country with the kid? Legally? 

Basically, it's true that kids born in Germany with their centre of life and a parent here are not portable. That goes within Germany as well.

Even if someone has been able to do it, it's definitely not the norm and there should be no expectation that it can be done. 

Worst case is that the boyfriend has to support the OP while also paying child support- that would put a lot of strain on the relationship. I hope it doesn't come to that. 

Hello there guys, thank you for the comments again here. Id like to awknowledge "honey my sweet love" for the optimistic response towards the situation.

Thank you diding, kiplette and conquistador.

I know somehow the pros and cons of where im putting myself into. I appreciate the concern you guys are portraying on your words that you put in here. It sure is hard on my side sacrificing a lot of things to make this work out but i know he's worth the effort im doing. It turns out good or not in the end i sure will learn something from it. Life is shorts for hold backs and i or nobody can tell what will happen but right now i am hoping for the best outcome in the end.

Have a great day everyone :)

14 minutes ago, Bogs said:

It sure is hard on my side sacrificing a lot of things to make this work out but i know he's worth the effort im doing. 

How committed is he to you? Is he willing to marry you? Or is he just expecting you to give up your life and career to move in with him?

10 hours ago, Honey my sweet Love said:

Moreover, if you and your boyfriend will have children in Germany its not true that you can't take them with you if this relationship won't work out !

Are you sure? Fathers have rights too.

10 hours ago, Honey my sweet Love said:

Like some said here If you set your heart on it there is and shouldn't be anything in your way to stop you and I am sure that your boyfriend will support you in every way he possibly can.

I don't want to sound too cynical but how can you claim something like that? Do you know anything about the OP, her boyfriend or their relationship? This is a very nice thing to say but without any substance behind it.

Hi Engelchen, yes we got a plan getting married. 

That's good because you'd be able to work for just about any employer. Since you'll have Canadian citizenship and can return there and work as a nurse if things don't work out, I don't see it as as a quioxtic move, but you shouldn't forget what we've told you about what happens to Germany-based kids after a divorce between international parents. I've known people who have been stuck here for a decade or more after a divorce because their ex-spouse was German and the kids were born and live here. 

Hey there again,

First of all omg guys ....

How will this help her if you give her a daily soap opera here instead of helping in the way she is asking for? 

Sure re maybe I don't know her boyfriend yet maybe I do and maybe not every GERMAN MAN is a complete a..hole and will appreciate what you are willing to do for him by moving to him. 

Lets not forget that you can also always go back to Canada because even with just a pr card you can stay out of Canada for 26 months in 5 years which will be more then enough time to see if you two will work out or or . 

Of course it's a big step you are willing to do and if you two even have plans to get married what do you have to loose? You will even get the German citizenship which will also open a lot of door for you in the long run not to forget where is it easier to bring your family to in case needed nad wanted in the future?

I am maybe a bit too positive but then how will you win anything if you aren't trying?

Again bogs I can tell by the way you talk that you are wanting to move and don't worry about the negatives here and be thankful for them yet it doesn't mean it will the same outcome for you two there too.

:D also you have a great day and a hopefully amazing future with him in Germany 

I moved here 27 years ago to be with Himself. No regrets.

The most important thing was sharing our "expectations" straight up. Not as many surprises that way.

Honey, I think your advice isn't good here- her naturalizing as a German is not likely to open doors for her (she's not trying to get a Job guarding S-H's state ministries or join the Bundeswehr), and, once married, she'd have the right to work for just about any employer. Furthermore, under current German nationality law, she'd have to give up her Canadian citizenship and her Filipino (if she can still keep it after naturalizing as a Canadian). But it's even worse to suggest that it's OK to move to Germany before getting Canadian citizenship- very bad idea. 

Finally, given the challenges of marrying someone who already has kids- the new beau/belle has to get along with them, too (and vice versa- sometimes kids resent the new wife), plus he's got to pay child support, sober reflection is warranted here before making a life-changing move. 

Yes she can work after get married a German for every employer yet she isn't asking for this ,she is asking for help how to get there and if she will have problems in the end sure maybe she made a mistake but yet she won't find out if she doesn't give it a try and AGAIN she is not the first woman who came to Germany for a man and also won't be the last . 

Also sure as I said I see things more or maybe even too positive yet aren't we all tried something and in the end got something great out of it ? 

I again hope that all you guys here have advice for her how to get to Germany rather then telling her that she should rethink or consider because as we can see by what she is saying here that she has set her mind on moving to Germany.

1 hour ago, Honey my sweet Love said:

Yes she can work after get married a German for every employer yet she isn't asking for this ,she is asking for help how to get there and if she will have problems in the end sure maybe she made a mistake but yet she won't find out if she doesn't give it a try and AGAIN she is not the first woman who came to Germany for a man and also won't be the last . 

Also sure as I said I see things more or maybe even too positive yet aren't we all tried something and in the end got something great out of it ? 

I again hope that all you guys here have advice for her how to get to Germany rather then telling her that she should rethink or consider because as we can see by what she is saying here that she has set her mind on moving to Germany.

Re-read the posts! We have all offered suggestions for OP regarding looking for work, getting qualifications recognised.

Also some have  talked about problems she might face,  as one does on an open forum.

Pragmatism is not negativity. With help from forum members she can make a good plan which makes the best of her current situation and gives her better opportunities in the future. If she comes to Germany with her Canadian citizenship already organised, German learning well underway, and a plan for the sort of job/training she would really enjoy, then how is that bad?

It is easy to merely encourage, or even to give false information, but people here by and large try to offer reality and solid advice.

Thank you guys, im bearing everything in mind what youre writing on here. Everybody have their own point of view and basis. HONEY might knew somebody under the same circumtances where im at differently from everybody else's experience.

i hope my relationship will turn out as beautiful as you have FRAUFRUIT. Thank you so much again guys for giving time and sharing your knowledge here :)

Hey bogs,

Yes I know someone and not only one person who went all out just to be with his/her love once and all turned out more than well therefore, I look at things here positive. I also appreciate everyone's opinion here and feel sorry for the ones who didn't have such a great outcome.

Please again guys let's focus on how to help bogs on her way to move to Germany and find a job even if she has to do a lot of things to make it happen but then if this makes her happy then why not just support her .

2 minutes ago, Honey my sweet Love said:

Please again guys let's focus on how to help bogs on her way to move to Germany and find a job even if she has to do a lot of things to make it happen but then if this makes her happy then why not just support her .

That's exactly what people have been doing.

Just found this thread. Good luck. I came here in 2001 for "lurve" and while Germany drives me up the wall on a regular basis I do not regret coming here at all. Best thing I ever did. Travelled with wife in Asia, rogered ourselves silly till kids happened then set about raising a family here which imho Germany is (once again) a very safe place to start a family. Clean, orderly, and (once again) calm. German women are a bit like their BMWs, very reliable and low maintenance*.

*I lied about the last bit there, sorry.