Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ryanair cancel 40-50 flights per day

44 posts in this topic

I don't work for Ryanair but it seems like a daft reason when you were already late for the flight through no fault of the airline. I'm not sure do the check-in staff even work for the airline, they may be airport employers. Do you still fly through Schoenefeld?

We had the opposite story when we were returning for a funeral, and our neighbour kindly offered to take us to Hamburg airport. I carefully explained we needed the 'other' airport not the big normal one, and he professed to knowing what I meant.

Of course, he was bluffing, and got us to the wrong one in perfect time, and then we had a very fast drive to the one in the middle of a field for the cheap flight. When we arrived, they were deeply pissed off, stuffed us all on the plane, shoved our luggage in the loo and took off about 5 minutes later.

This was about 16 years ago, I now can't find the airport on the map. 

1 hour ago, arsenal21 said:

I don't work for Ryanair but it seems like a daft reason when you were already late for the flight through no fault of the airline. I'm not sure do the check-in staff even work for the airline, they may be airport employers. Do you still fly through Schoenefeld?

There were at least 10 people who were planning to be on that flight in our train car alone, as we discovered from talking with them during the lengthy delay. How a company responds to that kind of situation is telling. Does the operations manager hold the flight for another 10 minutes, so everyone can get on board? Or does the catty check-in agent tell a tall tale just to get rid of the complaining people?

She was definitely a Ryanair employee, by the way, because she was wearing a Ryanair flight attendant uniform and scurried off - presumably to catch her own flight - after pointing us in the wrong direction.

And to answer your question, no, I don't fly out of Schönefeld when I can avoid it, because I hate that airport with a passion. Unfortunately, most of the charter companies and low-cost airlines fly from there, so sometimes it's unavoidable.

I've flown many other discount airlines - Easyjet, Germanwings/Eurowings, and others - and they can be disorganized at times, but I've never had such a poor experience as I did with Ryanair. That, combined with O'Leary's tendencies to boast about what poor service he might be able to offer his customers in future (see: standing seats, charging them to use the lavatories, etc.), makes me want to steer clear of them forever.

The CAA in the UK are now threatening Ryanair with legal action

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-41422571

Ryanair has been threatened with legal action for "persistently misleading" passengers about their rights following thousands of flight cancellations.

The Civil Aviation Authority said it had launched "enforcement action" against Ryanair, the first step towards court action.

Ryanair was wrong to claim it did not have to re-route passengers on rival airlines, it said.

The action comes after Ryanair cancelled a further 18,000 flights.

That's what I don't get. You have planned a trip, booked hotel rooms, theater tickets, whatever. 

So if you don't fly and other tickets are no refundable you could lose 1000s because your 300 flight was cancelled.

Or have to pay another 1000 for a last minute flight.

It seems brutally unjust that an airline can say: It is inconvenient for us to to fly this day. Here is your money back. Fuck off.

CAA seem to be saying Ryanair is obliged to make alternative arrangements even if it costs them 10 times the original ticket. Money back and fuck off is not an option