Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ryanair cancel 40-50 flights per day

44 posts in this topic

We have a flight on Cryin'Air booked for mid-October, returning two weeks later.

I've seen outraged passengers venting on twitter at how this mickey mouse outfit canceled their return tickets, leaving them stranded, some offered alternate flights days later.  WTF?

How long is this outfit going to wait before telling passengers flights are cancelled? 

When will people realise that the quest for cheap flights drives down the profits that a company needs to continue trading....?

So you just accept this as good business practice, move along, nothing to see here?

Sure do...

Its like the last time I was in Munich my S-bahn home was 12 minutes late...   But on reflection... it could have been the next S-Bahn that was 8 minutes early...

Not many fucks were given ....

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if it was your flight canceled.

I'm not divorced

don't have an ex-wife

zero fucks given for your years of ranting here

It isn't very much like a late s-bahn at all, because another is not arriving a short time later, and you can't allow an extra hour on the travel to accommodate the problem.

People are unable to honour arrangements which they have made, and can't reschedule because the notice given is so limited. We are expecting a group of 14 in October, all flying Ryanair, and we have no idea if they will come or not, they and we have no way to tell, so we can't take a different group instead, the uncertainty is to us irritating, but could be much more serious. There has to be a less scruffy way of solving the issue.

It would be a good idea if Ryan Air actually spoke with other airlines and Booked seat space on Flights that are running paralel... if there are such flights...

As for the S-bahn story.... It didnt bother me if the next one arrived or not... it became "someone elses problem"...   and I dont mean that in a nasty way..

I understand that its annoying as hell when familly/Guests travel plans are screwed up... 

Why did they chose Ryanair?  Price or its the only flight on that route?

I only flew with Ryan Air once, but I love telling this story, because it was simply awesome!

It was 1999, I was 29 at the time and sitting in the front row of the plane. Back then (no idea if this is still the case), the stewardesses sat at front of the plane facing the passengers. I have no idea if she did it on purpose or not, but the flight attendant wasn't sitting very "ladylike" and I spent the entire flight between Cardiff and Dublin looking straight up her dress.

Totally worth the 19 buck flight... :D 

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

I only flew with Ryan Air once, but I love telling this story, because it was simply awesome!

It was 1999, I was 29 at the time and sitting in the front row of the plane. Back then (no idea if this is still the case), the stewardesses sat at front of the plane facing the passengers. I have no idea if she did it on purpose or not, but the flight attendant wasn't sitting very "ladylike" and I spent the entire flight between Cardiff and Dublin looking straight up her dress.

Totally worth the 19 buck flight... :D 

Flight attendants don't sit for the entire flight - you sure she wasn't a perk you paid for in the myriad options offered when you buy your flight?

46 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I see, so the only permissible criteria are price or it is the flight?  I certainly didn't choose Ryan Air for the service, but considering flight schedules, airports, etc., it was the best option for me.  Hope that's OK?

53 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

It would have been a mixture of convenience in terms of time and route, and probably price as well, although I don't know what the alternatives would have been.

57 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

It would be a good idea if Ryan Air actually spoke with other airlines and Booked seat space on Flights that are running paralel... if there are such flights.

Yes, absolutely. Hopefully they will as time goes on. From the looks of posts higher up, they have a duty to do that, but whether they actually make it happen....

18 minutes ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

Flight attendants don't sit for the entire flight - you sure she wasn't a perk you paid for in the myriad options offered when you buy your flight?

:D Ok. I guess it wasn't the entire flight, just the only part I remember. :P