Learning German in Celle (or Hannover..?)

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

Ive just moved to Celle and am currently at the VHS doing a Berufsprach course. I'm not happy with it.. I'm the only non-arab of around 17 students and it seems that most are only there because the job center makes them. The teacher is also quite bad I feel. Does anyone know of an alternative in Celle? 

I've also thought about Hannover and there seems to be more offer there.. But I think that would cost me around 23 euros return on the train a day. Cheaper with the Bahnkarte 50 I realise but still quite expensive. 

Another option I thought of was finding a private tutor. What would be going rate me for an intensive course? Finishing anytime before 16:00... 2 hours 5 days a week for example. 

Thank you. 

57 minutes ago, Atrag said:

I've also thought about Hannover and there seems to be more offer there.. But I think that would cost me around 23 euros return on the train a day. Cheaper with the Bahnkarte 50 I realise but still quite expensive.

What about a monthly ticket (from GVH). If you go several days per week it would be worth it. I think the ticket is around 170 (assuming you need to go to central Hannover).

Celle seems a bit void of DaF tutors. But the following link is to a woman located in Burgwedel that tutors for 20€/hr, which is very typical/reasonable:

https://www.erstenachhilfe.de/nachhilfe/lehrer/225691

So you could get a recommended textbook w/ workbook and proceed at your desired pace. Bring questions about your homework (grammar, vocabulary, writing) to your tutor sessions and after addressing them, use the remaining time to practice speaking. Just 1.5 hr (30€) would be plenty if you're going to be going daily.

2 hr a day x 5 days/wk = around 200€

1.5 hr x 5 days/wk = around 150€

Not bad for one-on-one instruction...

19 hours ago, Atrag said:

There is a S-Bahn connection (S7) which is a lot cheaper, even without the Bahncard. Good luck with finding a course.