Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hanging new curtains

5 posts in this topic

Drat! Messed up the first attempt,  but Panda gave the correct answer. 

I confess using a somewhat different solution many times in dorm rooms , WGs or  in emergency situations:

The German Curtain rod hack.

Sew each  little haken  by hand  directly and securely about 4 inches apart on back side of the drapes so the little wheels are just slightly above the top of the curtains. 

This is not a solution perhaps if you are  worried about the fine details of curtain hanging or  you have beautiful new expensive curtains.

If someone helps you do  the job, it  goes faster and by the time you have drunk a bottle of wine together while sewing and then  hung  up the curtains together you may even remain friends.

One tip: if you need to go buy some Haken  (Gardinenröllchen Innenlaufrolle) just make sure you also measure the size of the inside of the  curtain  track because there are a couple of different sizes/widths of the little wheelie thingies...

Good luck! I'd be over in a jiffy to help but...

etd

4 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

You sew Gardinenband to the top of you curtains (to the back).

Thank goodness that Panda knows a thing or two - I once went into a Müller store that also had sewing bits and pieces, and asked if they had the sort of "band" for hanging up curtains - the woman obviously knew exactly what I meant, and produced a roll of the stuff.

Getting into conversation with her, I asked what it is actually called?

"Weiß ich nicht. Das Bändchen, oder?" was the reply!!!