Transferring/Recognition of Paragliding license in Germany

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone :)


Has anyone gone through the process of transferring his/her paragliding license in Germany?

I've read this useful info here: and contacted the DHV, however they are not answering to my emails. I wrote first in English, and then after not receiving an email wrote again in German at 2 different email addresses...  three weeks later, still nothing. I'll be trying the phone next but I wanted to check here first for some wisdom :)  


If anyone has gone through the process, I would really appreciate it if you could share you experience and offer some guidance. 


I am flying since 2014 and I'm currently holding the ParaPro5 license (from both the national aero club & FAI). I'm also insured until mid 2018.


Here's what the DHV is saying about holders of IPPI 5:


Simplified training/exam for holders of an IPPI-Card Level 4
· The pilot has to perform a flight at a DHV-approved flight school to assess his or her practical skills


Simplified training/exam for holders of an IPPI-Card Level 5

The DHV issues IPPI-Card Level 5- holders the B-Lizenz if they pass the simplified training/exam for holders of IPPI-Cards Level 4 as well as the exam in German and Austrian air law (for B-Lizenz). Furthermore, they have to provide proof of a cross-country flight of a distance of at least 10 km. 

I can do a simple exam and flight if needed. I also have a recent flight on record that's over 10km. So do I simply show up at a training school?


On that note, is anyone flying around the Dusseldorf area? I've seen that Neuss has a winch, and a flight school. I'll be visiting them to research further.

I've also found one tiny start at "Sophienhöhe" that I plan on flying if they have cleared the cut bushes from the start...






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now