Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Strictly Stand Up English comedy in Berlin 27.Sep.2017

4 posts in this topic

Quatsch Comedy Club has put together a star-studded lineup once again for the September Strictly Stand Up show. From their website:

Stewart Francis from Canada is the king of one-liners. He has performed on “The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson”, “Live at The Comedy Store” and is known for being a regular on “Mock the Week” (BBC2). Born in Canada, Stewart is now largely based in Britain and has performed at international festivals around the world. He has also written for “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno”. Stewart’s dry-as-a-bone comedy is extremely joke-heavy: “He rattles through punchline after punchline like a young prizefighter.” (The Skinny) A true treat for all comedy fans.

One of our all time favorite comics returns: Al Lubel from the U.S.! David Letterman called him “a terrifically funny comedian”, Jerry Seinfeld said about him: “Al Lubel has one of the best jokes I ever heard.” We couldn’t agree more. If you like comedy, you will love Al. His comedy is odd, eccentric, obsessed with detail and most importantly very funny. Three years ago he brought the house down with his highly unique act. We’re very excited to have the legend return.

Ria Lina from UK has being raised in the US, Holland and the UK and is a truly multinational comedian. And you know somebody is a great comic when a Scottish newspaper calls her „fearless, provocative and very funny“ (Scotsman). Ria’s comedy is smart, witty and cheeky. Her charm and intelligence allows her to get away with anything from the most audacious routines to subtle wordplay. She has headlined clubs around the world from Glasgow to Singapore, Seattle to Australia. Time for her Berlin debut!

Spotlight Berlin: Daniel Louis Vezza, originally from America, is now a rising star on Berlin’s growing English stand-up scene. He has performed throughout Germany, The Netherlands, New York, and the UK. He has also been featured on “Fritz Nacht der Talente” and “Melt Festival”. Expect American stand-up comedy with a typical alternative Berlin touch.
His comedy is “well crafted, well written, and laid-back” (Edinburgh Fringe Review). Daniel is the host of Monday Night Mics, a weekly comedy show in Berlin.

The Quatsch Comedy Club is a great, intimate comedy venue, with just 300 seats, in the basement of the Friedrichstadtpalast on Friedrichstraße 107. Help them sell out so they will continue to bring top-notch international comedy to Berlin.

Tickets start at €19 plus service charges, or free of service charges at the box office on the evening of the show (subject to availability).

I'd rarely go to something like this in Berlin, but am tempted to give it a go.

Visited the Neukölln Comedy Cafe once, nice enough spot but it was beginners night and, um, not very funny. :huh:

If you've ever thought about attending, but never got around to it, go to this one. Al Laval alone is worth the price of admission. I saw him when he was here a couple years ago and I literally laughed so hard that I cried.