Motorcycle/Scooter owners, where do you park?

77 posts in this topic

If you do not have a closed space?

I really wonder how it works?

Do you park sort of entrance of apartments or in the small garden...etc.

Is there a fee or parking is free? How about theft, is it rampant?

Anybody with experience.

on the street or possibly the sidewalk, as with motorcycles.

we had a bunch of scooters parking in our innenhof this year and it didn't take long for them to put that down.

We actually have an overall liberal and tolerant community here.  But people were parking them blocking garden pathways, in the bike parking bunkers, draped in ugly covers complete with weird advertising, starting them up and revving them or letting them "warm up" while in the innenhof (you know?  they are pretty stinky and often loud)...nope.  Not cool at all.

So the response was:  leave it on the street please.  

You can ask your landlord/hausverwaltung if they have a designated scooter parking area in the garage, for instance, but judging by how many I see on the street, I don't think this is common, in munich at least.

2 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

on the street or possibly the sidewalk, as with motorcycles.

we had a bunch of scooters parking in our innenhof this year and it didn't take long for them to put that down.

We actually have an overall liberal and tolerant community here.  But people were parking them blocking garden pathways, in the bike parking bunkers, draped in ugly covers complete with weird advertising, starting them up and revving them or letting them "warm up" while in the innenhof (you know?  they are pretty stinky and often loud)...nope.  Not cool at all.

So the response was:  leave it on the street please.  

You can ask your landlord/hausverwaltung if they have a designated scooter parking area in the garage, for instance, but judging by how many I see on the street, I don't think this is common, in munich at least.

Damn! Munich looks horrible!

Why would parking in innenhof be an issue? It's an open place.

No it's actually NOT an open place.  If you can't grasp the problems I described, you are a person who cannot be trusted to park in an innenhof.  

as you think it's a parking lot.  it's not.  get over it. 

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

No it's actually NOT an open place.  If you can't grasp the problems I described, you are a person who cannot be trusted to park in an innenhof.  

as you think it's a parking lot.  it's not.  get over it. 

Mine will be very small and quiet, just 50 cc.

I'll park there.

where?  in someone's garden?  Right outside someone's window?  In the path to the hinterhof doors?  In the bike sheds/parking areas?  Oh let me guess:  on the lawn or in the playground?

It was precisely those sized scooters that were kicked out of our innenhof.  It's precisely those sized scooters that are parked all over the place on the street in spite of every single building having an innenhof.  It's precisely those sized scooters that are known as "scooters" and not "motorcycles".

I'm guessing you will LOVE Germany ;)

10 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

where?  in someone's garden?  Right outside someone's window?  In the path to the hinterhof doors?  In the bike sheds/parking areas?  Oh let me guess:  on the lawn or in the playground?

It was precisely those sized scooters that were kicked out of our innenhof.  It's precisely those sized scooters that are parked all over the place on the street in spite of every single building having an innenhof.  It's precisely those sized scooters that are known as "scooters" and not "motorcycles".

I'm guessing you will LOVE Germany ;)

Well tell you what i'm not loving it at all.

Such an obstructionist country! I mean all these regulations.

I can park wherever i want cause i'm paying rent! They can't kick anybody out.

I was thinking of right beside the wall or window on the lawn since it's quiet there.

no you can't park wherever you want just because you are paying rent.  What the hell gave you that idea?

and fix your "location" if you are living here already.  Otherwise people will think you're a liar.

how do you think someone will mow the lawn if your freaking scooter is parked on it?

do you think the people who live inside that window want to look at your freaking scooter when they gaze outside?   Do they want to smell the exhaust wafting in when you start it?

what the hell is wrong with you?

park it on the street where it belongs.

12 minutes ago, Thormein said:

I can park wherever i want cause i'm paying rent!

Fab. Literally? 

Why on earth should you paying your rent give you the right to live your life in such a way that other people, who also pay their rent, are disadvantaged?

It is not a seriously complicated concept.

Germany has a strong social contract, lots of it is enshrined in law. You may need to ponder on this new philosophy of life for a while.

14 minutes ago, Thormein said:

Well tell you what i'm not loving it at all.

Such an obstructionist country! I mean all these regulations.

I suggest you stay in Turkey.

None of you even have a bike and all commenting!

I want experience.

I'll later buy a big and loud sportbike, right now only small one.

Where the hell i'm supposed to park!?

2 minutes ago, someonesdaughter said:

I suggest you stay in Turkey.

I like you regardless :)

You are a very positive person:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Thormein said:

None of you even have a bike and all commenting!

Wrong.

Where the hell i'm supposed to park!?

Either on the street or you have to rent a garage. What's so difficult about that?

Just now, Thormein said:

I like you regardless :)

You are a very positive person:rolleyes:

I'm an honest person and a lot of your comments make you look like a real d*ck. 

Look in local paper, ads etc- maybe you can rent a space/garage  nearby.

Do you have underground parking? Usually designated space for bikes.l

The Innenhof is a green space for residents, children. 

or ask your fucking hausverwaltung if they have a scooter parking space in the garage or wherever, AS I ALREADY SAID

Just now, lisa13 said:

or ask your fucking hausverwaltung if they have a scooter parking space in the garage or wherever, AS I ALREADY SAID

Just now, lisa13 said:

If enough of us repeat your suggestion, op might notice?

Just now, lisa13 said:

ON THE STREET

On the street?

It'd get stolen! And probably insurance prices are so crazy it'd make sense not to do it.

@RedMidge That's the way to go apparently but i won't have sufficient funds for a few months so it's difficult.

Also are garages insured if i put staff there?

Just now, RedMidge said:

If enough of us repeat your suggestion, op might notice?

no it's utterly hopeless