On the sick with no money from anywhere!

81 posts in this topic

If all else fails I will just go on unemployment benefit again, but it is alarming how quickly it can all turn to Scheiße here - and I was always so sure I had the dates in my head for doctor's appointments - I honestly think my doc has made a mistake.

Thanks for the links, I will be perusing them later. And the hunt for a Beratungsstelle begins in earnest.

3 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Unlike many of the freeloaders we get here, the OP has been working and paying taxes here for years, therefore, he is entitled to  unemployment insurance benefits and even welfare benefits if necessary. 

That may very well be the case... 

But 2 solutions are...

Wash dishes... earn money.. pay bills..

Head back home... Get supported by familly and incure little or no debt

Option 3 is to feel "Entitled" and then start a battle that will take months... in the mean time debt is being created and the final payout may not cover the debts...

You make me sound like an entitled princess! You have a problem with claiming benefits, but yet again I think I am 'entitled' to them after my years of work. Also, my partner is here, and he doesn't speak English well enough to live with me back in England, I will find work again, but I can do better than dishwashing - but I have to get well first.

27 minutes ago, widbear said:

I missed a week with my sick notes, from 1st to 8th July in fact. I think the doctor wrote the 8th on my sick note rather than backdating it slightly to the 1st July.

8 days is not "slightly" and the doctor would legally step on very thin ice dating the sick note that much back. A day or two, ok, but not 8.

The letter I received from AOK last week said that as a week was missing in my sick notes, they considered me healthy and my sick pay was being terminated. They also terminated my membership with AOK (with Sachsen and Thüringen, as I lived and worked in Erfurt for over three years). 

Wait – you moved to Stuttgart last November? Did you tell the AOK in Erfurt that you moved? Have you been to AOK Stuttgart since then?

I did register as unemployed initially, after my probation period was brought to a drastic end.

Ok, fine.

Once my doctor saw me though, on an unrelated issue, she said I needed to be on the sick. Which is true, as have a nervous breakdown in the past. I was on unemployment benefit for one week in early May, then went onto the sick in Mid-May.

I have only received money from AOK till the end of June, that is it, and I cannot correct this with the doctor retrospectively.

That's correct. That sick leave is over now. But you doctor could put you on sick leave again, legally. The problem is, that AOK Erfurt terminated the contract. Solution to this: Get on the dole and let the Arbeitsamt sort it out/get you insured with AOK Stuttgart.

And I understand that the Ämter want me to do this or that, but I try to be nice, and it is even more dispiriting if you are scowled at and treated as if you are lying.

To be honest from the outside it looks a bit fishy – esp. that "canny" doctor part and insurance with AOK Erfurt, anyway: Besides being nasty, what did the Arbeitsamt person say? You are still eligible for ALG1, did you talk about that? Did you file a new Antrag? 

Oh wait:

If all else fails I will just go on unemployment benefit again

What are you waiting for???

Thanks for the links, I will be perusing them later. And the hunt for a Beratungsstelle begins in earnest.

Click on the links, read the addresses and phone numbers, no need for a hunt. Maybe for some waiting time, it's summer holidays, they will not be overstaffed these days.

Ah well we live and learn. I informed AOK Erfurt every step of the way, and for the life of me can't understand how a week was missed. But I have to act, not ponder what went wrong! I would be glad to work again, but if I got into another horrible office like the last one, it'd finish me - but I have to bite ze sauren apple, äs the Germans would say

41 minutes ago, widbear said:

Ah well we live and learn. I informed AOK Erfurt every step of the way, and for the life of me can't understand how a week was missed.

Are you sure they received all your sick notes? I switched from AOK to Barmer a few years ago because they kept losing my paperwork.

I always do a scan of all my sick notes, and indeed that missing week was nowhere in my documents! And they have always acted on time with everything else. I think for some reason that week is genuinely a blank (scratching head icon not found)

10 hours ago, widbear said:

Hello

After nearly four years work in Thüringen, I moved to Stutgart for a better paying job, but it did not work out, and the horrible

stress caused me severe depression. I signed on the sick, and for a while all was ok, as the AOK was paying out a reasonable sum.

However, either through the doctor's mistake or my own, a week of claim in July was missed, and now AOK has totally cancelled

my sick pay, AND my membership. And the Agentur für Arbeit cannot do anything as I am still signed off sick. And so I don't know where to turn for advice

or assistance.  I am now totally without income, and this is making me even more stressed and ill than I was before.

I would be grateful for any help.

Public German insurance companies; Krankenkassen, have NO legal right to cancel your contract UNLESS you are a so-called voluntary member (either as an employee and earning above the income bracket  or as a self-employed voluntary member and consistently fail to pay contributions). If they cancel you , they must inform you of the legal consequences. This is a heavy final step as you must be health insured in Germany. Something may be missing in the information here.

Do you have legal insurance?

1 hour ago, widbear said:

I will find work again, but I can do better than dishwashing.

Really? My life fucked up seven years ago (long story). I wanted to work. I didn't want to be on the social. Or posting self-entitlement posts on TT.

So I got a job as a kitchen man in a Kindergarten. Washing dishes and making their meals three times a day. Also cleaning, cleaning and cleaning.

I never thought it was below me.

Interaction with the teachers, the kids, and the parents was so much better than sitting at home.

I loved it! And they loved me! Probably one of the most fulfilling jobs I've ever had.

I used that two years dishwashing to get my career back on track, but also found two life long friends in the process.

Dishwashing can be fun!

To OP:.  Sympathy for your plight, Depression can be a dreadful illness. Hard to make contact, speak with others, actually doing tasks.  I can imagine the thought of looking for work is overw helming.

So, see your doctor again soon. Contact the  Kasse and find out why they cancelled.  John g is an expert, so take

his suggestions, plus others. Go to Arbeitsamt, as suggested.

Hope you get things sorted soon.

Thanks for sympathy - I am trying to be the good guy here. My resolution for 2018 is to be a hard-nosed bastard ;) Naah, whatever happens, I am stuck with sensitivity. Maybe I should become a writer!

On 15/08/2017, 19:23:36, widbear said:

You make me sound like an entitled princess! You have a problem with claiming benefits, but yet again I think I am 'entitled' to them after my years of work. Also, my partner is here, and he doesn't speak English well enough to live with me back in England, I will find work again, but I can do better than dishwashing - but I have to get well first.

Stop sucking on the system for free cash .Washing dishes is not a shame . Get up from your ass and stop using government money.

On 15.8.2017, 19:23:36, widbear said:

You have the legal entitlement to use the safety net, but the safety net is there to keep you from becoming indigent, not to protect you from taking jobs you feel you are "too good for". By believing that dishwashing is suitable for other people, but not you, you do reveal yourself as being an entitled princess.

You are putting words into my mouth there! I asked for advice nicely and yet I get abused. I never said I am better than dishwashing, but I do believe I am 'entitled' to want something in line with my skills and experience, oder?

On 15.8.2017, 19:23:36, widbear said:

I will find work again, but I can do better than dishwashing - but I have to get well first.

This is exactly what you wrote... NO ONE is putting words in your mouth!

Why do you feel like HE is being bullied....

He clearly states that HE missed a "Sick note"... but tries to blame the Doctor...

Then when someone suggests a "Way out of his penniless situation" He claims he is above Dishwashing... 

Two posts later they claim they never said it!

The choices are...

1...Do as Engelchen says...  

2...Wash dishes...

3...Teach his Boyfriend English and head to the UK and get supported by familly..

4... Feel "Entittled" and post on TT just how hard done to he is.. 

Please feel free to add more options!

5...Ignore everything that comes out of your bitter mouth.

A person suffering with deepression doesn't always think things through clearly, and it is absolutely possible that the OP missed a sicknote by accident.

However, the OP now needs to sort things out as regards sickness insurance and possibly benefits.

Whilst I am not a supporter of taking benefits - in fact, it's the last thing I would do, I am also aware of the fact that some people feel "entitled" to take money out of a system that they have payed into. It's just the way it is.