Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Strange Death of Europe

33 posts in this topic

So I just finished Douglas Murray's book.  While I don't necessarily agree with everything, I do think it offers some topics that need further discussion. Its a runaway bestseller in the UK yet I find it interesting that no publisher in Germany is interested.  Has anyone else read this and have any opinions? 

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/27/534597202/the-strange-death-of-europe-warns-against-impacts-of-immigration

Just read a few bits of the interview. He is an openly gay white man against Muslim immigration. Of course no German publisher would be interested in publishing such racist rethoric, insert air quote.  It doesn't matter to leftist liberals that many Muslims think homosexuals should be killed, you cannot openly criticize Islam if you live in the Western world, even Muslims themselves cannot critize their own religion without being labeled bigots.

Germany striving to be Europe's SJW army would  muffle any such publication. 

I don´t wish to be silenced by anyone or disempowered by anyone. NO ideology - whether Radical Islam, Western Neo-Nazis/Ultra Conservatives, the " modern " Left/Liberals "  / " the modern Conservatives "...it´s all a mindgame of people wishing to impose their views on who has a right to think differently to their own.

I feel I have a perfect RIGHT as a human being to be afraid, very afraid of Radical Islam without being labelled (farcically ) a Neo-Nazi. Even if I DON´T have that right - because some narcissist reckons he/she knows better/feels superior - I will stand by my feelings and experiences.

Beliefs? Whatever you want ? Actions? Are you prepared to do harm to others? Then face the consequences. Whoever you are -a fascist Islamist/Communist/intolerant Liberal/my neighbour/ myself included: 

Listen to your own conscience - are you prepared to do that? Can you accept what you DO harms others? Deliberately? Just the way I think and feel these days. I used to be a simplistic Leftie...now, I hopefully can avoid labelling myself or being labelled.

34 minutes ago, vmelchers said:

Just read a few bits of the interview. He is an openly gay white man against Muslim immigration. Of course no German publisher would be interested in publishing such racist rethoric, insert air quote.  It doesn't matter to leftist liberals that many Muslims think homosexuals should be killed, you cannot openly criticize Islam if you live in the Western world, even Muslims themselves cannot critize their own religion without being labeled bigots.

Germany striving to be Europe's SJW army would  muffle any such publication. 

I didn't know you are besorgt, vmelchers.

After all I thought someone riding without a valid ticket and being proud of it, must be of liberal (left) ideology.

Why did I think so? Dunno, maybe cliché: I do observe more left people than right people not respecting the law of the land. But that doesn't mean that only the former do it.

Ah, and not all publishing offices are "left". Why no one in Germany is interested in publishing something which has been published many times in Germany by German authors (for example, Thilo Sarrazin)? Maybe because right wing German publishing houses tend to support German authors only?

Ah, Quatsch, that's because censorship Merkel Diesel Affäre Islamisation Reptiles, that's why.

Just now, vmelchers said:

Why can't a liberal also be besorgt? To john. g's point. 

Dunno. Liberals tend to be more educated and support facts more than conspiracy theories. Or not?

so besorgt = believing in conspiracy theories? that's quite a leap, I thought it just meant concerned.

16 minutes ago, vmelchers said:

so besorgt = believing in conspiracy theories? that's quite a leap, I thought it just meant concerned.

I would have used the English word then!

Besorgt = not concerned, but concerned and believe that the government basically is implementing a secret plan to turn Europe into Islamic state and abolish all human rights.

This is what all such books are about.

11 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Besorgt = not concerned, but concerned and believe that the government basically is implementing a secret plan to turn Europe into Islamic state and abolish all human rights.

That's of course ridiculous. I doubt many people would believe some nonsense.

I do believe that we be allowed to discuss sensitive topics, such as this one, and I welcome publications that criticize migration policies rationally, respectfully and without unduly "stirring the pot".

I am myself a migrant and I am glad that Europe is so full of migrants. I think I'd be very unhappy living in Germany if the country had remained as monocultural as I envision it to have been before the 60s and 70s. I love being able to meet people from all over the world where I live and I love having a Vietnamese supermarket across the street, an Indian shop round the corner, and a Turkish bakery round the other corner. Variety is the spice of life!

I do, however, get the impression that Germany and Europe in general could do a bit more to attract better quality migration, and by that I mean educated migrants who will have successful careers and generate tax receipts and enrich the continent culturally, rather than poor, uneducated religious nutters that will breed more poor, uneducated religious nutters. We seem to have a lot of the latter.

3 minutes ago, Smaug said:

That's of course ridiculous. I doubt many people would believe some nonsense.

Not many, but some do believe. Someone buys these books. OP, for example.

I also think that those who write "It is not allowed to critisize Islam in Germany" do not speak much German to be able to make such an opinion. When you do not speak German, then of course you do not see "Islam critics" because you need German to understand them.

You all are not getting it and I'm not surprised. What has right or left to do with being a good citizen,friend or person?

It is clear to me that you people don't understand the German Zeitgeist nor what is going on in the political world in general.

Some time ago I was airing that view that dual citizenship is not good for anyone, particular for those who are not knowledgeable in German thinking/habits.

If you speak German you may listen to the following to get on the German track.

You may not agree with them. but they and you live in Germany and there may be plenty of krauts still  in dreamland and vote Merkel, but even Merkel is a had been and if you follow American politics, this riot in Virginia last weekend was a Sunday picknick for what is going to happen in Germany. It will be Hamburg all over again, only a little worse.

As for the"refugees, they are the perfect material for a German isis, paid by Soros and co. (Trojan horse?)

11 hours ago, vmelchers said:

Just read a few bits of the interview. He is an openly gay white man against Muslim immigration. Of course no German publisher would be interested in publishing such racist rethoric, insert air quote.

This is what he says in the interview ... which in my opinion is not racist rethoric but pure common sense. It's also what I read quite often in German newspaper articles and in political discourse on German TV.

MURRAY: The first solution is very straightforward. It is that you slow down the flow. I don't say no migrants into Europe. I don't say that at all. But you've got to massively slow down the flow because a society doesn't have a hope of remaining cohesive when you have migration at these levels. The second thing is you work on the people who are already here more. The third thing is that you make it clear that as well as speaking the language of inclusion in our politics, we have to speak the language of exclusion - what it is that we won't tolerate as well as what it is that we do and what it is we will be tolerant of.

There's a whole set of other things. One of them is a very basic one, which is to try to shrug off what I diagnose as, among other things, the guilt-ridden complex that Europe has. I'm not advocating that we become sort of, you know, patriotic nationalists. You've got to find a balance here. And one of the balances has to be arrived at by recognizing a very simple fact, which is that Europe cannot be the home for everybody in the world who wants to move in and call it home.

10 hours ago, yourkeau said:

I didn't know you are besorgt, vmelchers.

Pure ad hominem.   

On 15.8.2017, 07:58:50, bramble said:

This is what he says in the interview ... which in my opinion is not racist rethoric but pure common sense. It's also what I read quite often in German newspaper articles and in political discourse on German TV.

Yes, but why would a German publisher be interested in publishing this foreign person thoughts? He is not a kind a prophet with a new wisdom, is he? There are a lot of Germans with the same thoughts which publish them in German language (I do not judge if these thoughts are right or wrong, I just speak of economical sense).

On 15.8.2017, 04:29:22, gaberlunzi said:

It is clear to me that you people don't understand the German Zeitgeist

I am learning it and every day discover new things in German culture which I didn't know before. You, in contrast, think that living across the ocean, you know all and everything about Germany just because you were born there. You are unwilling to learn the modern Germany and its culture. This is sad. I love Bavarian dialect and have sympathy to those who speak it...

1 hour ago, yourkeau said:

I love Bavarian dialect and have sympathy to those who speak it...

Ah ge weida. What I speak is lower Bavarian, more Austrian.

My speach comes from Rottal and from Woad and you would not understand it as you are not living in spoken Bavaria.

You are a Franke and these are not really Bavarians, a little better than Preissn but not far away as you live on the wrong side of Donau.:lol:

19 minutes ago, gaberlunzi said:

Ah ge weida. What I speak is lower Bavarian, more Austrian.

My speach comes from Rottal and from Woad and you would not understand it as you are not living in spoken Bavaria.

You are a Franke and these are not really Bavarians, a little better than Preissn but not far away as you live on the wrong side of Donau.:lol:

Yeah, I am Saupreiß, but I love the sound of Bavarian dialects more than Franconian. Perhaps because we do not have real mountains here.

I spend some time in the Alps that's why I can a little bit understand Bavarian (but not much).

28 minutes ago, gaberlunzi said:

Trump was legally and lawfully elected, why can't the deep state and Soros admit that and go on a 4 year retreat?

Exactly why the deep state allowed him to be elected: a man from the establishment who has wealth dependent on deep state, so can be easily controlled, but at the same time "anti establishment". If I were Deep State Secretary, I would do exactly that: publicly despise DT so that the sheeple believe they have "their" president, lol.