Accused of feeding pigeons, neighbors threatening me. Can they report me?

34 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, lisa13 said:

good lord, I didn't know stuttgart was that bad already :(

sympathy

My rent is higher than that of all people I know in Stuttgart.:( so I will move out if I can find a better place.
Someone told me that I should be thankful there was a good landlord willing to give you a place to live, even the rent price was higher...because of my Asian face...
He said that out of good intentions, but deep inside my heart it hurted...
Never mind, I have been staying here for 4 years. I know it's difficult for everyone to find an affordable apartment here.
Even my colleague is a German, he had hunted for an apartment for over 2 years. And the result is, his neighbour living downstairs is also a psychopath. His wife works on night shift and she cannot sleep at daytime because of him.

@IML - I've been looking for an apartment for the last year or so. Not urgently, but I would like to move... and depending on where you are in the city, your rent is about average. All the flats I've viewed for less (i.e. within my budget) were grubby, the house was unkempt and loud neighbours were in the picture.

45 minutes ago, the.frollein said:

@IML - I've been looking for an apartment for the last year or so. Not urgently, but I would like to move... and depending on where you are in the city, your rent is about average. All the flats I've viewed for less (i.e. within my budget) were grubby, the house was unkempt and loud neighbours were in the picture.

Thanks for leaving me words. Really those who live in Stuttgart know the housing problems. My apartment is in Stuttgart West. Believe it or not, there are always loud neighbours in the picture and grubby, even you're willing to pay a higher price. My apartment is out of my budget but I had no choice. Before I moved in, I'd cleaned the apartment for 2 weeks (yes, it is only 50 sqm) until my arms got pains and the landlord also needed about 1 week to fixing all the problems in the flat: broken windows, broken basins, no kitchen, broken toilet,scratched floor...
P.S.
One of my best friend said to me,"Do you know why your landlord likes you guy so much? Because you guy is pathetically quiet and clean living a pathetically simple life paying the high monthly rent pathetically on time. No music, no smoking, no drinking, no pets, no TV and walking at home with bare feet. The couple downstairs need someone like you to stand them freaking eternally ..." Frankly, everyone needs a friend like this...<_<

14 hours ago, Smaug said:

@Petro6golf The OP is probably a Buddist. Buddism doesn't specifically prescribe putting rice on windsills but Buddists often make symbolic offerings of food or drink. These offerings could simply express general gratitude or be intended to have a positive influence on the offeror's balance of karma.

Thanks I was just curious.

5 hours ago, IML said:

My rent is higher than that of all people I know in Stuttgart.:( so I will move out if I can find a better place.
Someone told me that I should be thankful there was a good landlord willing to give you a place to live, even the rent price was higher...because of my Asian face...
He said that out of good intentions, but deep inside my heart it hurted...
Never mind, I have been staying here for 4 years. I know it's difficult for everyone to find an affordable apartment here.
Even my colleague is a German, he had hunted for an apartment for over 2 years. And the result is, his neighbour living downstairs is also a psychopath. His wife works on night shift and she cannot sleep at daytime because of him.

all the more reason to join the mieterverein.  I knew of someone in munich (some time ago - friend of a friend) securing a reduction as their rent was just so far above the mietspiegel pricing - this was just a routine case where they took their rental agreement for a general review and the mieterverein was like "no freaking way - this is so illegal.  let us take care of that for you." I get the feeling that is not soooo common,  but it does not hurt to look into it, and since it sounds like this neighbor might be trouble, it really helps just to know someone has your back if things get strang(er).

I truly wish you luck in all of this.  This idea that anyone would say you are "lucky" to pay too much for a crappy apartment because of your asian face is just...<<virtual hugs>>

4 hours ago, lisa13 said:

all the more reason to join the mieterverein.  I knew of someone in munich (some time ago - friend of a friend) securing a reduction as their rent was just so far above the mietspiegel pricing - this was just a routine case where they took their rental agreement for a general review and the mieterverein was like "no freaking way - this is so illegal.  let us take care of that for you." I get the feeling that is not soooo common,  but it does not hurt to look into it, and since it sounds like this neighbor might be trouble, it really helps just to know someone has your back if things get strang(er).

Thanks, Lisa. Now I think it's not only a good idea but also a must for me as the situation goes too far...

4 hours ago, lisa13 said:

I truly wish you luck in all of this.  This idea that anyone would say you are "lucky" to pay too much for a crappy apartment because of your asian face is just...<<virtual hugs>>

Truly, thanks a lot :rolleyes: Yes, it hurts me deeply ...every time people treat me in another way just because of it or says something like that and then I look into the mirror...:(
I can only change my inner self into a better one, but not my genes. Anyway, there are always good people somewhere out there, right?! :lol:

Old thread, but I wanted to point out that feeding pigeons is illegal in most german cities. Us city dwellers don't appreciate the flying rats pooping on our balconies and leaving eggs there also.

https://stadt.muenchen.de/rathaus/stadtrecht/vorschrift/255.html#:~:text=Es%20ist%20verboten%2C%20im%20Stadtgebiet,erfahrungsgem%C3%A4%C3%9F%20von%20Tauben%20aufgenommen%20werden.

And there is nothing more pleasing to a grumpy old German than explaining/yelling the rules at someone. I am practicing that with the old ladies who feed the pigeons in München.

https://www.bussgeldkatalog.org/tauben-fuettern/

Stuttgart: up to 5000 euro

München, Snäppchen at 1000 euro.

s255.jpg

On 1/21/2022, 2:09:25, HH_Sailor said:

New news...

Having a  law preventing people feeding pigeons is unconstitutional.

Then it is likely not illegal for me to sweep up pigeon food left in the park and dispose of it properly. Costs me nothing, annoys the pigeon lady. What a lot of cities do is simply label it littering and that is punishable.

1 hour ago, mako1 said:

Then it is likely not illegal for me to sweep up pigeon food left in the park and dispose of it properly. Costs me nothing, annoys the pigeon lady. What a lot of cities do is simply label it littering and that is punishable.

Think the particular case was after a pigeion loft (with controlled feeding/cleaning/egg destruction) was closed down.  Leaving a previously well controlled population of 600 birds starving.  Not something that allowed anyone to throw unsuitable food scraps all over their local park.