Anyone up for opening a Kita in Wedding/Reinickendorf/P-Berg?

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm kind up just throwing this out there, but I've been looking for a Kita spot for my daughter for next fall (2018) and it's not looking great.

I'm starting to think that the only sure-fire thing to do would be to open one as an Eltern Initiative. This requires a Verein, which requires 7 people.

(I've founded a Verein before, so I've got a bit of experience with that part.) I'm also just finishing a degree in pedagogy.

I'm casting a wide net and looking to see if there's anyone thinking the same thing. I live in Reinickendorf, bordering on Wedding and

close to Prenzlauerberg, and there's exactly one bi-lingual Kita that I'm aware of opening near here, so I think there's a nice gap in the market,

not that any Kita would go unfilled at this point. The rents are also less in this area.

Anyway, if there are any parents who would be willing to put their nose to the grind with me and put a Kinderladen together, I'd like to go to the

Neugründungsberatung at the Dachverband für Berliner Kinder- und Schülerläden e.V. (http://www.daks-berlin.de/index.html), which is a free

workshop, on Sept 6 (10-14.00) and find out what I/we'd really be up against. If it proves to be too much of a nightmare, so be it, but if there

are any enterprising souls out there who would be willing to go with me and check it out, get in touch and let me know!

I don't have any interest in this topic, just wanted to say "thumbs up" for the initiative and willingness to even entertain the idea of doing something like this with strangers! :) Best of luck!

I am not interested in joining you either, just dropping by to write that I knew someone working for a Kita which is an Elternverein, and she really enjoyed working there. Hope it goes well for you and that the staff will be able to say the same thing! 

Thanks for the encouragement. I've also had a CV offer. Just FYI, I'm not hiring. I'm looking for parents interested in securing a Kita spot for their kids by creating one themselves. The hiring comes after the Verein and all the rest of it.

Hi, if you can elaborate more on what sort of qualifications you're looking for in your partners, that would be great.