International student gets caught shoplifting

29 posts in this topic

Care to reveal what was in the letter? Or should I guess that the state's attorney elected not to pursue the charges due to Geringfügigkeit?

If that's the case, then she hasn't been sentenced or fined by the state, which is the only thing relevant.

First she got the letter from Rechtsanwaltskanzlei saying you were  caught in theft at supermarket. Now you have to pay fine of 50 euros(Vertragsstrafe) " indem oben geganntenplus 48 euros(Rechtanwaltsgebuehren). Then after paying the said amount, she got letter from Staatsanwaltsshaft saying" in dem oben genannten Verfahren habe ich mit Verfuegung vom Dec 2019 folgende Entscheidung getroffen: Das verfahren wird gemaess 153 Abs. 1 StPO eingestellt. Eine nochmalige Einstellung wird auch bei einem Diebstahl von geringwertigen Sachen nicht mehr erfolgen." Now she had an appointment with rathaus regarding resident permit, and in the form it is asked " Wuerden Sie bereits zu einerJugend-oder Freiheitsstrafe bzw.  zu einer Geldstrafe verurteilt?" What she should answer.

Thanks in advance.

Like I said, the answer is no. She has no criminal record.

The money she paid was a Vertragsstrafe, not a Geldstrafe.

If I were you, I'd advise your friend to stop shoplifting. Crime doesn't pay.

Thanks man. Thanks for the reply. I dont know if she was actually guilty or not. What she told me is that she forgot to fetch the trolley from outside, so by mistake she had put one Lindt chocolate into her pocket as her hands were full. She forgit to pay for the chocolate and at the exit alarm rang,  and she was horrified. But ya from now she is careful. 

Germans are good.

I am confident you will get a fine and some kind of ban on shops or other stuff. 

If you would have done the same act in the middle east 

1. You would be deported

2. Jailed of course.

3 Pay a fine of more than 1000 EUROS 

4. Banned in worst case to enter the country 

5. flagged in the system at immigration every time u enter even if ur not banned 

I wish you all the best nothing to worry. Even god forgives. we are only humans. 

Things will be fine. You repent and thats important just be true and accept your mistake and the authorities will do the needful. 

6 hours ago, iflight said:

1. You would be deported

2. Jailed of course.

In that order?

On 1/28/2020, 7:17:20, Wherearewegoingto said:

How about getting your hand chopped off?

That would happen in Saudi not UAE. Some gulf countries r not that harsh.

On 1/28/2020, 3:53:40, catjones said:

In that order?

1. Fined

2. Jailed

3.  Finally deported

4. If the crime is grave then blacklisted so u can never enter the country again.