Is there an holistic centre in Berlin where I can rent a room?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I am an acupuncturist and I will be moving to Berlin in the next few months.  Here in the UK there are lots of multidisciplinary holistic clinics where massage therapists, homeopaths, acupuncturists etc can rent a room to practice.  Does this exist in Berlin?

thanks

First things first! Are you licensed to practice acupuncture in Germany?  Have you passed the Heilpraktiker exam or the medical boards? If you aren't licensed don't start looking.  You'll have to be pretty fluent in German to pass the examination.  The test will be a lot harder next year as new testing regulations come into effect. You will have to know a lot more than acupuncture to pass.

And, yes, that sort of thing exists all over Germany. Just get in touch with the Heilpraktiker associations or check out the bulletin boards at the Heilpraktiker schools, Ebay Kleinanzeigen or any of the real estate websites will have all sorts of offerings.

14 minutes ago, trr said:

First things first! Are you licensed to practice acupuncture in Germany?  Have you passed the Heilpraktiker exam or the medical boards? If you aren't licensed don't start looking.  You'll have to be pretty fluent in German to pass the examination.  The test will be a lot harder next year as new testing regulations come into effect. You will have to know a lot more than acupuncture to pass.

And, yes, that sort of thing exists all over Germany. Just get in touch with the Heilpraktiker associations or check out the bulletin boards at the Heilpraktiker schools, Ebay Kleinanzeigen or any of the real estate websites will have all sorts of offerings.

thanks for that!  Good to know these holistic centre exist! I have lots of skills, Acupuncture is just one of them I would like to practice in Berlin, so looking for a general holistic center in Berlin

2 minutes ago, uelmes said:

[...] I have lots of skills, Acupuncture is just one of them [...]

We don't doubt your skills but in Germany you may only practice acupuncture if you are:

1) a physician, or

2) a "Heilpraktiker", which, unlike in other countries, is a regulated profession in Germany.

If you aren't one or the other you can't practice acupuncture in Germany. You can of course become either #1 or #2, with the latter being a much easier career path than the former.