How to Replace a missing KVR Anmeldung paper

10 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I misplaced my Anmeldung paper and am wondering how to get a replacement.   Can I just present my ID (passport) at the Anmeldung office and receive a copy?

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Yeah sorry about the KVR mistake.  I guess what I need is a copy of my Meldebescheinigung or Anmeldebestätigung.  I would prefer not to apply for a new one, besides if I am registered there already, wouldn't applying for a new one essentially be registering at the same address twice.

9 minutes ago, NYC_Berlin said:

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Yeah sorry about the KVR mistake.  I guess what I need is a copy of my Meldebescheinigung or Anmeldebestätigung.  

The paper you got when you did your Anmeldung is the Meldebescheinigung and that is what you get when ...

I would prefer not to apply for a new one,

... you apply for a new one because you lost yours. :) 

besides if I am registered there already,

If you weren't, you wouldn't get one anyway:

wouldn't applying for a new one essentially be registering at the same address twice.

No, you are not supposed to register twice – you're supposed to apply for a new – you can call it "copy" or "replacement" or whatever you like  – Meldebescheinigung because you lost yours. ;) 

Thanks someonesdaughter,  

Actually does this mean I need to bring and submit new documentation?  

5 minutes ago, NYC_Berlin said:

Thanks someonesdaughter,  

I'll collect the necessary documents again and prepare the usual camping materials for the queue tomorrow.  

The Berlin website says that you can do that by snail mail too:

"bei schriftlicher Antragstellung 

fügen Sie bitte eine Kopie Ihres Personalausweises oder Reisepasses bei. Der Antrag kann formlos gestellt werden."

and according to the tool ("Termin berlinweit suchen und buchen") there are even some slots available on Tuesday.

Good luck!

P.S.: I think you only need your passport, since you are registered already.

Sorry to ask something again someonesdaughter but I'm having trouble finding an appointment any earlier than late August for any location.  Which location did you see openings on Tuesday for?

21 minutes ago, NYC_Berlin said:

Sorry to ask something again someonesdaughter but I'm having trouble finding an appointment any earlier than late August for any location.  Which location did you see openings on Tuesday for?

I got some openings for tuesday under "Termin berlinweit suchen und buchen", but not any longer. The next one is for August 18 now – in Marzahn. :-( Sorry. 

Fantastic advice someonesdaughter.  I was able to get an appointment a few days later and everything worked out,