TU Berlin admission decision for International Student !

10 posts in this topic

Hallo !

Does anybody knows when does TU Berlin release admission decision for masters programs ?

I am an international student and have applied for Masters in Information Systems but still have no decision from TU Berlin admission. 

I am patiently waiting their decision, but there are so many things to do being accepted that I think I will not be able to finish all. 

Need to open blocked account >>> 4 weeks 

Need to apply for visa >>> 2 to 3 months !

I have emailed them but without reply! what should i do ? anyone else had the same ?

Thank you

5 minutes ago, aruydzz said:

Does anybody knows when does TU Berlin release admission decision for masters programs ?

Sometimes very late.

Need to apply for visa >>> 2 to 3 months !

I have emailed them but without reply! what should i do ?

Make an appointment at your local German Embassy ASAP. If you wait too long, you probably won't be able to get here by the start of the semester. You can use the confirmation you received from uni-assist to apply for a Studienbewerber visa. 

BTW, are you already in Berlin?

Make an appointment at your local German Embassy ASAP.

I cannot do that before opening the blocked account I guess, and for that they need admission letter from the university!

Sometimes very late

How late ?! do you have a personal experience ?

BTW, are you already in Berlin?

No, still no visa

Thanks for your reply

1 minute ago, aruydzz said:

I cannot do that before opening the blocked account I guess, and for that they need admission letter from the university!

You can definitely apply for a Studienbewerber visa without an admission letter.

Just now, engelchen said:

You can definitely apply for a Studienbewerber visa without an admission letter.

I won't need a blocked bank account for that tho ? Is Studienbewerber visa different than student visa?

Studienberwerber = are for those applying to university 

You'll probably need a blocked account for this. 

Just now, engelchen said:

You'll probably need a blocked account for this. 

That's where I'm stuck... for opening a blocked account, the admissions letter is needed.

8 minutes ago, aruydzz said:

That's where I'm stuck... for opening a blocked account, the admissions letter is needed.

Is there any reason why you can't make the appointment now? If you wait for an acceptance letter it'll be too late.

45 minutes ago, engelchen said:

Is there any reason why you can't make the appointment now? If you wait for an acceptance letter it'll be too late.

I can but for the interview, the blocked account is also needed.

2 hours ago, aruydzz said:

I can but for the interview, the blocked account is also needed.

First of all, you should change your profile to accurately indicate where you are located. 

Second, you should make an appointment (for Embassies it can take months for an appointment!).

Third, try to obtain a blocked account with your application confirmation. If you the bank insists on an offer of admission, get this in writing and take it with you to the interview. 

If you only concentrate on one step at a time, it'll take forever.