Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

3,135 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, J0ker said:

Did some of you clowns say that Trump was going to throw black people out on the street?

Black unemployment rate hits a record low

He definitely can't throw people out on the street as he doesn't own all the companies in the US.

But don't you deny that his campaign was based in racism, redneckism and nostalgia of times of segregation. He did not say "I will make America great", he said "I will make it great again" assuming that in the 1960s it was better. It wasn't.

Now that he took office he slowly moved towards Realpolitik despite still using certain populist language. I don't remember what I wrote in 2016, but I expected exactly this scenario. I assessed 50% that he was a troll and 50% that he was a fascist. Now it seems that he is rather a troll.

He decided to push for protectionism. This will bring short term benefits to the US. He only thinks about own ego and own re-election. Obama was thinking 50 years ahead, Trump only thinks 8 years ahead. Obama was a statesman, Trump is just another average president. Obama will be in history, Trump will be forgotten in 30 years.

Can I be mistaken? Sure. If you accuse others for being mistaken you basically advocate that doing nothing is the best strategy (then you can't make mistakes).

Listen to the shoes hitting the floor. This message brought to you by Adam Schiff and Robert Mueller.

While a presidential pardon is a potent remedy, the pardon’s scope is in fact limited. Trump can only pardon federal crimes. But how can a state prosecutor, who had never launched an investigation, possibly have the evidence to prosecute suspects under state fraud, bribery, conspiracy or other laws? The answer lies in a largely unnoticed, post-Watergate change made by the U.S. Supreme Court in the federal rules governing secret grand jury information.

As outlined in the U.S. Attorney’s Manual, in 1985 the Supreme Court adopted a new provision in the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure to remove “an unreasonable barrier to the effective enforcement of our two-tiered system of criminal laws” by allowing federal prosecutors to give their otherwise-secret grand jury investigative materials to state prosecutors looking to charge federal targets under state criminal statutes.

If this doesn't get Kellyanne Conway fired, I don't know what will. Y'see, her husband wrote it.

This is so awesome!

12 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

He decided to push for protectionism. This will bring short term benefits to the US.

Which is why he will get re-elected.

Anyone really think that the people who voted care that he’s fucking up international relationships with his allies or screwing peoples healthcare ?

They positively love it that he’s alienating the LBGT community,trying to go back to the US of pre 1950 (many of his supporters would like him to go back even further),making an absolute fool of himself.

Anyone who voted for or supports Trump is a racist basically.

Ive always thought Republicans and Democrats were parties that are only in it for themselves  and fuck the country (I’m alright Jack attitude) but what the Republicans are enabling him to do is in my mind discgraceful.

Sadly many people are so fucking stupid they’ll never have to pay for it at the ballot box.

As witnessed many time and a good example is the dopey fucks in the UK couldn’t be bothered to get off their arses and vote in the Brexit referendum.

53 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

He definitely can't throw people out on the street as he doesn't own all the companies in the US.

That's not what this band of merry cucks on here thought.

53 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

Obama was a statesman,

No Obama was a bad President as was Bush.  He sought to do a lot but accomplished nothing.  I would give him a C on heathcare because he managed to pass the bill through but did nothing to curb the rising costs.  Also he did nothing to control the deficit, his foreign policy was a disaster (especially in the Middle East and North Africa).  He also did absolutely nothing to reform the justice system which was apparently a huge priority in 2008.  Note unlike some of the leftards on here, I'm simply saying that Obama was a bad President, not a monster who eats little children.

50 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Perhaps law enforcement have shot enough unarmed blacks to make that possible 😉

You do realize that the number of blacks killed by police is a fraction of what it is for black on black crime?

33 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Anyone really think that the people who voted care that he’s fucking up international relationships with his allies

Fucking up international relationships?  Like having the Middle East and North Africa blow up in your face?  Oh wait that was the Obama administration with a tiny bit of help from Bush.  Or trying to broker a peace deal between North and South Korea?  Oh no we certainly don't want that to happen.

33 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Anyone who voted for or supports Trump is a racist basically.

I thought you were just a pathetic little incel when you said you were afraid of talking to women due to the MeToo movement but this tops it.  Have you ever thought there are those who would never vote for Hillary due to her horrible regime change record?  For example when she, as first lady, cheered on the bombing of Serbia?  What about Benghazi?  etc  Honestly go back to what you're good at: being a lonely incel.

Germany is not an ally, it's a dependency (and not the only one). What the US gets from that relationship is not worth what it gives up, so it is well nigh time for changes to it. 

8 hours ago, J0ker said:

You do realize that the number of blacks killed by police is a fraction of what it is for black on black crime?

Seriously ?

Pathetic argument.

Equivalent of arguing that more people die in road accidents than mass shootings or more people die in conventional war than nuclear so let’s brush that under the carpet then.

Why do you use that argument at all?

You suggesting that blacks are naturally violent and they bring it on themselves and that the shooting of innocents by law enforcement is a byproduct of that ?

Have you ever seen me praising the Clintons or Obama btw ?

A country gets the politicians it deserves and the USA deserves Trump.Any country that thinks the Patriot Act is a good thing is pretty fucking crap tbh.

Believe me the UK deserved Brexit.

Germany deserves Merkel 

You don’t seem to disagree with the fact Trump is a President only concerned with short  termism ?

You know very well that is not what J0ker is saying. He is simply saying that black-on-black crime is largely (or maybe completely) ignored and is much greater than any police shootings of blacks. And that was in response to the ridiculous implication on your part that black unemployment in the US is at a record low due to police shootings. How then do you explain record-low Hispanic unemployment? 

Where is the evidence that Trump is the evil racist you and others say he is, Keleth? You don't have to like the guy's politics to refrain from making shit up. 

Regarding the chronic and longstanding US trade deficits, it's clear something is wrong even where there is disagreement over the causes and possible solutions. It's not short-termism to take on the issue, though. 

6 hours ago, Conquistador said:

And that was in response to the ridiculous implication on your part that black unemployment in the US is at a record low due to police shootings. 

Do you actually possess a sense of humour or did you have it surgically removed.

“Where is the evidence that Trump is the evil racist you and others say he is, Keleth? You don't have to like the guy's politics to refrain from making shit up.”

Any time you have Nazis marching through a town and you don’t condemn then but prefer to say there is bad people on both sides then you’re a racist nazi.

full stop no other viewpoint

Oh and the minor point of appointing Steve Bannon.

You can have friends who you disagree with on lots of points and still be friends but if you’re friend disagrees on the utter basic human right that everyone regardless of colour is equal then that’s pushing friendship too far.

6 hours ago, Conquistador said:

You know very well that is not what J0ker is saying. He is simply saying that black-on-black crime is largely (or maybe completely) ignored and is much greater than any police shootings of blacks. 

No he was deflecting and insinuating that blacks are the problem not some law enforcement 

Like I said more people die in road traffic accidents than in mass shootings but never heard that mention when anyone talks about mass shootings eh

8 hours ago, Conquistador said:

Germany is not an ally, it's a dependency (and not the only one). What the US gets from that relationship is not worth what it gives up, so it is well nigh time for changes to it. 

Not worth it now maybe but damn sure they thought it worth it before the collapse of the Soviet Union.

I have no problem with American not being concerned etc about Europe but I love the revisionism that it was all done for the good of Europe rather than it was done because of the Americans fear of the spread of communism.

Or was Vietnam also done for Vietnam rather than fear of communism

8 hours ago, Conquistador said:

From what I understand though is that the US has a massive trade surplus with Canada so why go trying to fuck up that relationship?

7 hours ago, Keleth said:

Seriously ?

Pathetic argument.

Describes pretty much all your posts thus far.  Like the time when you claimed that 55 % of white women were misogynists because they voted for Trump.  Yes they should listen to you, a guy who has no experience with women whatsoever, to tell them what is good for them.

7 hours ago, Keleth said:

Equivalent of arguing that more people die in road accidents than mass shootings or more people die in conventional war than nuclear so let’s brush that under the carpet then.

Why do you use that argument at all?

Didn't you use that same argument whenever there's a terrorist attack?

8 hours ago, Keleth said:

You suggesting that blacks are naturally violent and they bring it on themselves and that the shooting of innocents by law enforcement is a byproduct of that ?

I'm suggesting your joke was lame and based on nothing concrete.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Any time you have Nazis marching through a town and you don’t condemn then but prefer to say there is bad people on both sides then you’re a racist nazi.

Bullshit.  Both the White Supremacists and Antifa are bad and should be condemned.  If you say that Antifa are the "good guys" then you are the fascist for supporting such a totalitarian organization.  Sorry but your virtue signalling will gain you no points with the left just like your claiming to be a male feminist gave you no luck with the ladies.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

No he was deflecting and insinuating that blacks are the problem not some law enforcement 

Like I said more people die in road traffic accidents than in mass shootings but never heard that mention when anyone talks about mass shootings eh

Another weak argument.  Road traffic accidents are accidents.  The murder rate is Chicago, for example, is a cause for concern.  If you think that a city like Chicago with 750+ murders in a year is irrelevant then it's you who doesn't care...

16 hours ago, J0ker said:

Also he did nothing to control the deficit

Are you fiscally conservative? I see personally no sense in controlling Schwarze Null if you issue debt in own currency. That's different with the countries like Ukraine or Poland which sell their sovereign debt in euro and US dollars (Poland also in Swiss francs). Then when your currency devalues the debt increases automatically. In case of countries like US or Germany when the currency devalues the debt decreases automatically. Two totally different situations in case of economic problems.

So why should Obama control the deficit is beyond me.

He actually was thinking about minting a 1 billion dollar coin (he as a president can do this). That would have been at times a brilliant solution when the GOP pressured him with the debt bullshit.

his foreign policy was a disaster (especially in the Middle East and North Africa). 

It was not effective, but not a disaster, too. He killed Bin Laden after all. Hardly a disaster. Should Trump ever done this he would have made a huge show out of this for the next 8 years. Regarding Trump FP, as I wrote, bullying tactics can actually be effective when dealing with the dictators. So, we will see how it ends. Maybe I will give some credit to Trump. Or not.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

From what I understand though is that the US has a massive trade surplus with Canada so why go trying to fuck up that relationship?

The US does not have a trade surplus with Canada. The problem with Canada really boils down to the EU and China using it and Mexico as a pass-through to the US market, i.e., the requirements for North American content in NAFTA, especially for autos, are too low. 

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Not worth it now maybe but damn sure they thought it worth it before the collapse of the Soviet Union.

I have no problem with American not being concerned etc about Europe but I love the revisionism that it was all done for the good of Europe rather than it was done because of the Americans fear of the spread of communism.

Or was Vietnam also done for Vietnam rather than fear of communism

Before the collapse of the Soviet Union, absolutely. That was 26 years ago, though, and in the case of Vietnam 46-53 years ago. And, yes, it was intentional US policy to build up European and Asian allies to withstand Communism, particularly by allowing them access to the US market and providing military protection. 

5 hours ago, J0ker said:

Describes pretty much all your posts thus far.  Like the time when you claimed that 55 % of white women were misogynists because they voted for Trump.  Yes they should listen to you, a guy who has no experience with women whatsoever, to tell them what is good for them.

Didn't you use that same argument whenever there's a terrorist attack?

?

5 hours ago, J0ker said:

Bullshit.  Both the White Supremacists and Antifa are bad and should be condemned.  If you say that Antifa are the "good guys" then you are the fascist for supporting such a totalitarian organization.  Sorry but your virtue signalling will gain you no points with the left just like your claiming to be a male feminist gave you no luck with the ladies.

Ah whataboutism a wonderful non argument.

I have absolutely no love or time for Antifa.

The minute Nazis March and you’re the President and you don’t condemn them then you’re showing your true colors.

Funny he was quick enough to condemn the NFL players for kneeling during the anthem but not once does he mention what they’re actually protesting.

Maybe that was because he revealed that situation is a winner for him but mentions nothing about condemning Nazis because of his base.

27 minutes ago, Keleth said:

The minute Nazis March and you’re the President and you don’t condemn them then you’re showing your true colors.

On the other hand, what he did with appealing to the Nazis was mobilization of society, removal of Confederate flags in certain southern cities would not have happened without Trump.

If he really reduces this noise level, so maybe his provocations will all in all be good for reducing racism in the US.

23 hours ago, yourkeau said:

But don't you deny that his campaign was based in racism, redneckism and nostalgia of times of segregation. He did not say "I will make America great", he said "I will make it great again" assuming that in the 1960s it was better. It wasn't.

Now that he took office he slowly moved towards Realpolitik despite still using certain populist language. I don't remember what I wrote in 2016, but I expected exactly this scenario. I assessed 50% that he was a troll and 50% that he was a fascist. Now it seems that he is rather a troll.

He decided to push for protectionism. This will bring short term benefits to the US. He only thinks about own ego and own re-election. Obama was thinking 50 years ahead, Trump only thinks 8 years ahead. Obama was a statesman, Trump is just another average president. Obama will be in history, Trump will be forgotten in 30 years.

Can I be mistaken? Sure. If you accuse others for being mistaken you basically advocate that doing nothing is the best strategy (then you can't make mistakes).

Rather strange that you simply assume that Trump wanted to bring back segregation. Then again, you get your news from state-controlled German television, the mouthpiece of  Merkel. The former Soviet Union engaged in a lot of anti-US propaganda over civil rights post-WWII.

But what else was the US in the 1950s and 1960s? The world's greatest manufacturing power, something important to Trump. That's what he's talking about with MAGA. 

Statesman? Obama was an empty suit as president. Understandably, a lot of non-USians liked him because it was cool to do so and he did not advocate for US interests like Trump, because Obama was only out for himself and his puppeteers. Of course that made people outside the US comfortable- they continued to have the US serving their needs and wants, not the US looking out for its own people's best interests. This is also the crux of the matter of the anti-Trump derangement.