Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

3,317 posts in this topic

Shulkin is a holdover from Obama.

9 minutes ago, SA618 said:

Shulkin is a holdover from Obama.

Yes, and Trump liked him and didn't replace him until now.

You claimed he was appointed by Trump.   You agree that he wasn't and your earlier post was patently false?   Thanks for your integrity.  

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Trumps seems to like everyone he appoints until he doesn't.

I didn't say that he appointed Shulkin.

You know, it is impossible to have a conversation with you with your need to be right about every thought or idea.

Bye.

On 3/29/2018, 9:02:07, jaycool said:

Monica said the same thing, iirc. Supposedly Bill’s Peter curved to the left or right when erect. 

Not nice pictures, really, not nice.

Surely too young to have been part of the burn the bra generation?

On 3/29/2018, 9:02:07, jaycool said:

Monica said the same thing, iirc. Supposedly Bill’s Peter curved to the left or right when erect. 

Vivid imagination and you guys are not helping.

On 3/31/2018, 9:38:15, fraufruit said:

Trump posing with the White House interns. Not very much diversity there.

280dc8359b49334dee0536500f130f54.jpg.2dd

My beady one eye spots the token black guy bottom left. And I think I can see a few womenfolk. And I think I can see George Washington in the background on a wall or something..but I might be wrong..

15 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I didn't say that he appointed Shulkin.

You know, it is impossible to have a conversation with you with your need to be right about every thought or idea.

Bye.

Are you suggesting that you want to have a dialogue or conversation about policy rather than just post hit pieces on Trump?   

Come on, fraufruit.    :lol:

59 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What a nothing sentence. I doubt it will serve as much of a deterrent for others.

It's a sentence for thought crime (giving false statements to police). Not a crime in a normally free country.

German legislators also try make lying to police a crime. A very dangerous development, can in an extreme case lead to the times of Volksgerichte. A court should remain a court and police should remain police. Police should never rely that every witness tells the truth.

P.S. Not being a fan of Russia, obviously, but I don't know where all this story leads. Does anyone have doubts that the country have had enough idiots to elect a Trump (indefinite article intentional) without any foreign meddling (if there was any)?

25 minutes ago, jaycool said:

You have the right to remain silent, not the right to lie.

In Germany you have the right to lie*. Lying in front of court of law is of course a crime, so is lying when giving some statement under oath to other authorities. Otherwise you are free to lie. 

25 minutes ago, jaycool said:

Why anyone says anything to the Police/FBI is beyond me.

To prevent more intensive investigation against you. Suppose you get a letter regarding being a witness of murder. Would you choose to say everything you know or say "I don't talk to police"? Unless you're an ACLU activist I think you would do the former. If you do the latter that will automatically make you a murder suspect which you don't want to.

*Pedants will say there are some restrictions to what you are allowed to lie about. For example, accusing a wrong person of committing a crime is a crime in itself. There are also certain other restrictions. However, there is no crime for simply saying false information to police. It is normally safe to say "I don't know, I have seen nothing, I have never seen this man" etc.

41 minutes ago, jaycool said:

I grew up in the US where talking to the police about a murder could get you killed before it goes to trial. Especially when it comes to gang crime, we just keep our mouths shut. Would I actually do that? Don't know. Fortunately, I never had to make that decision.

I guess that must have been times happily used by Soviet propaganda depicting terrible life under the US imperialism. Everything written in Soviet press was basically true, they simply picked up the worst stories about life in the US (crime, poverty, homelessness, discrimination of black people etc). But just in case you didn't realize how happy you were to be born in the most happiest country on Earth you needed a KGB approved exit visa to go to the US.

But never mind, I just didn't take this situation in my reasoning. Suppose, there is no such danger for you, but there is danger that they would find something about you you don't want them to find. In this case it makes sense to talk to them and tell something. 

Not an expert, just a detective watcher and amateur.

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

P.S. Not being a fan of Russia, obviously, but I don't know where all this story leads. Does anyone have doubts that the country have had enough idiots to elect a Trump (indefinite article intentional) without any foreign meddling (if there was any)?

do you honestly think that Russia helped get Trump into the white house? this is absolutely dillusional. Even if they did have those mystery bots lets look at some anecdotal but probably 100% accurate facts:

- every single news channel in the whole world was 100% against Trump except Fox which was only aout 90% against Trump. Not a single good article was written about him in the year leading up to the glorious day

- Even politicians in Europe etc said the US would be stupid to elect Trump ( isnt this meddling in the election??? )

- Every single chat show like Bill Maher, John Oliver ( that annoying Brit?? ) and all other ones I ever saw practically spent a year bashing Trump. I did not see one "what about the good things Trump did" topics.

- 99,9% of holywood was totally against Trump and was extremely vocal

- Hillary´s campaign budget was far far in excess of Trumps

- Hillary supporters were extremely vocal all over social media and many many people i know, who are not even americans were bragging about unfriending their Trump supporting "friends".

but yeah, youre right, a few Russian bots invaded Reddit and put ads on facebook that swayed the election

could you please get that IQ of yours tested? and just remember its not a score out of 100.

There's something strange about these investigations. They don't seem to uncover anything that would justify the high profile, the scope and the expense of the investigation (at least after Watergate) and they only seem to obtain convictions for failing to cooperate properly with the investigation itself. Wasn't it the same with Starr investigating Clinton?

They seem to be more of a political tool than a real criminal investigation.

19 minutes ago, Oblomov said:

they only seem to obtain convictions for failing to cooperate properly with the investigation itself

If you have no evidence, you cook up an excuse to dig.  Everyone has skeletons in their cupboard, everyone.  Put the investigators onto someone, watch them squirm and punish them for not cooperating.

Its dirty politics, and we (whatever we might say) love it. We show that every time there is an election, we eat it up.  When its trump under the hammer one side whines and crys and says its unfair, when its the clintons the other side does.  

35 minutes ago, coolness.personified said:

do you honestly think that Russia helped get Trump into the white house? this is absolutely dillusional. Even if they did have those mystery bots lets look at some anecdotal but probably 100% accurate facts:

I know how Australian English is totally different from normal English (have a couple of friends from the Oz), but I wrote the opposite of this.

37 minutes ago, coolness.personified said:

could you please get that IQ of yours tested? and just remember its not a score out of 100.

Only after you do the IELTS test. My score was 7.0 15 years ago (a C1 level), it must be way better now except articles and prepositions which I tend to use wrong way, especially when typing fast.

4 hours ago, yourkeau said:

To prevent more intensive investigation against you. Suppose you get a letter regarding being a witness of murder. Would you choose to say everything you know or say "I don't talk to police"? Unless you're an ACLU activist I think you would do the former. If you do the latter that will automatically make you a murder suspect which you don't want to.

I'd rather refuse to say anything than lie to the police.