Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,155 posts in this topic

And now j² has jumped on the "0bummer wuz a sekrit Mooselamb" bandwagon, too. He truly is an irredeemable shitheel.

fuck_you_sauce.jpg.57eb128aa8f400d973c4b

38 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

Is your derangement so far along that you really think you're a part of this whatever it is you think might be happening?

What am I saying? Of course it is. Get help.

Though some argue that belief in conspiracy theories are therapeutic to the unhappy and marginalised.   So perhaps this love of conspiracy theories is the very help he needs.

I've read a lot about how the unhappy and marginalized are especially susceptible to believing conspiracy theories - which fits j² to a T - but I've never heard of it being "therapeutic". Therapeutic implies that it helps somehow, but as we can see, j² is only getting worse week by week.

Ergo, there's nothing therapeutic about it. And you're not helping by empowering him.

28 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

And you're not helping by empowering him.

Do you think that your mocking and belittling at every opportunity helps? 

@El Jeffo From a scientific point of view a therapy can make the subject worse and still be effective. An effective therapy is one that has a better result than doing nothing or using a placebo. A cancer patient, for example, could get worse and worse in treatment, but the treatment would be considered effective is the deterioration is worse when the treatment is withdrawn.

52 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Why would we be required to help someone who has such contempt for justice, truth, equality, and righteous behavior?  I suggest you go read Pavlovitz's 'My diversity does not have to tolerate your bigotry' for a complete explanation. 

1 hour ago, Kommentarlos said:

It certainly helps to keep in perspective some of j2's wacky shit.

And it's sometimes very amusing...

12 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Why would we be required to help someone who has such contempt for justice, truth, equality, and righteous behavior?

I have no idea what you are attempting to achieve with this post. The point was not addressed to you. 

My point to El Jeffo was with regard to El Jeffo helping himself to achieve whatever he would like with regard to J2. He does not seem happy with the current situation,  whatever that may be.I am not seeing this concerted campaign of mocking and belittling moving anything forward. You all seem to be stuck in a rut, a tiresome one at that. 

This could be an interesting and thought provoking thread if both sides stopped flinging insults at each other.

On the otherhand it is a nice example in action of the rise of populism and extremism.  Left wing dictators, right wing dictators. This thread has it all.

2 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

It certainly helps to keep in perspective some of j2's wacky shit.

And it's sometimes very amusing...

But more than often not.

9 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

I have no idea what you are attempting to achieve with this post.

Color me shocked.

9 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

The point was not addressed to you. 

And that has ever been a bar to response on TT because...?

10 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

You all seem to be stuck in a rut, a tiresome one at that. 

Right back at ya', playa!

3 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

Is your derangement so far along that you really think you're a part of this whatever it is you think might be happening?

What am I saying? Of course it is. Get help.

Yes, he thinks so.

This confirms that he bears responsibility for the recent shootings Halle. Time to tell the authorities.

Two business competitors have filed complaints about a $33 million federal contract awarded to a company in which Donald Trump’s brother is an investor, The Washington Post reported Saturday.

The contract was awarded earlier this year by the U.S. Marshals Service to CertiPath to provide security for federal courthouses and cellblocks. The company, based in Ralston, Virginia, has been partly owned since 2013 by a company in which the president’s younger brother, Robert Trump, is a stakeholder, according to the Post.

After the award, an anonymous competitor filed a complaint with the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General, according to a July letter obtained by the Post. It claimed that CertiPath had failed to disclose that “one of the president’s closest living relatives stood to benefit financially from the transaction.”

Robert Trump’s “financial interest in the company even as it trades on the Trump name present the appearance of preferential treatment for those who are close to the president,” the letter states, according to the Post.

NMR Consulting also filed an unrelated protest about the bid with the Government Accountability Office in July, the Post reported.

The information emerges just over a week after the Trump administration announced — then rescinded — a decision to host the Group of Seven summit next year at the president’s own golf resort in Doral, Florida. The decision to host world leaders for the international event at a location that would directly benefit the president triggered harsh criticism and raised concerns about how such decisions are made and contracts awarded in the Trump administration...

the rest

30 minutes ago, mako1 said:

are we out of dominoes yet?

I'll contribute my own, if it will help! :D 

I follow Jim Rickards sometimes and he is extremely clever. One of the post 2008 crash commentators on Zero Hedge:

One thing I didn't realize was how much Trump controls The Fed. That's a relief.

8 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

I follow Jim Rickards sometimes and he is extremely clever. One of the post 2008 crash commentators on Zero Hedge:

One thing I didn't realize was how much Trump controls The Fed. That's a relief.

That is worth a quick look.   I don't agree with Rickards on everything, but his calls on currencies since 2009 have been outstanding.   

Unless the markets crash, Trump seems very likely to win in 2020.  

Trump's appointments are the biggest internal influence on the Fed, but as we have seen with Powell, it does not mean that they will do his bidding.  

On the other stuff:   China, tax cuts, the judiciary, Rickards is right.  

10 hours ago, hooperski said:

The US has the biggest debt in the world, that's a relief.

When a currency is the reserve currency (officially or unofficially), of course that country will  have a huge debt, genius.  

There is currently a dollar (Eurodollar) shortage and the Fed has been doing hundreds of billions in repos during the past month, but you won't read about that in The Sun.   

12 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

Here he claims to be Muslim. Not many of you know he belongs to a secretive Indonesian cult called Subud.

Jeez, the poor lip syncing on that is hilarious. The first clip doesn’t even bother to show Obama speaking, just zooms to a photo of him as a kid. It is now possible to fake audio (sometimes with CGI lip movements superimposed). All you need is a minute or so audio of the person speaking.

It looks like the impeachment vote will go before the House I think on Thur. Finally, it will all be legitimate and the Repubicans can stop crying and participate. Seems only 47 of them in the closed door hearings wasn't enough.