Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,155 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, hooperski said:

"SHE IDENTIFIED AS A NATIVE AMERICAN". "POW-WOW CHOW AND ALL THAT."    Unbelievable.

Are you really so provincial that you don't know this story?    Well, you will be surprised when she gets shredded in any debate with someone who does not pull punches. 

Native Americans and other minorities get preferential treatment when applying in university admissions in the US.   In addition, institutions and corporations struggle to fill vacancies with qualified minorities.     Liz Warren cited Native American heritage to get into Law School and claimed to be Native American to get hired by Harvard.   Her DNA test (taken either this year or last)   showed less than 1/1024 (i.e. statistically zero) Native American heritage.    You may have noticed that Trump has trolled her for more than 3 years, calling her "Pocahontas".   

Read this about "Pow Wow Chow" for more details.   It is the name of the cookbook to which Warren allegedly contributed. 

https://elizabethwarrenwiki.org/pow-wow-chow-cookbook/

This is all very public and open, but if you are relying on CNN, you won't hear about it.   

The joke is on you.   :lol:

God, let's hope that she isn't a lesbian as well or we'll all burn in hell.

No problem with lesbians or native Americans, but people who pretend to be lesbians or native Americans to take advantage different hiring or admissions criteria are reprehensible.  

P.S. Your boy Grenell hasn't made many friend in Germany, just like Trump's he's upsetting people by "speaking his mind".

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-us-ambassador-richard-grenell-should-be-expelled-says-fdp-deputy-leader/a-47975156

What about, what about, what about... ?  

He is not my friend or my boy, but i support his efforts to decriminalize homosexuality worldwide and I believe Trump is correct to support those efforts.   

Guess I must be "provincial" because I haven't heard of that story.

I don't watch CNN for my news, I usually get it via the BBC.

Luckily I'm too old to have to pretend be a lesbian to get a job.

But hey, you and j2 can use what language you want. We don't expect anything different.

elizabethwarrenwiki,  In the Pow Wow Chow cookbook were recipes allegedly authored by Warren, as reported by Daily Mail.  Enough said.

A 2018 Boston Globe investigation found "clear evidence, in documents and interviews, that her claim to Native American ethnicity was never considered by the Harvard Law faculty, which voted resoundingly to hire her, or by those who hired her to four prior positions at other law schools" and that "Warren was viewed as a white woman by the hiring committees at every institution that employed her".

The DNA test found that Warren's ancestry is mostly European but "strongly support[ed] the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor", likely "in the range of 6 to 10 generations ago."  Wiki

6 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Guess I must be "provincial" because I haven't heard of that story.

Your godwinning of the post is completely off and a trivialization of serious events.

I don't watch CNN for my news, I usually get it via the BBC.

How about NYT or NPR as reliable sources?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/us/politics/elizabeth-warren-cherokee-dna.html

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/01/690806434/warren-apologizes-to-cherokee-nation-for-dna-test?t=1570973263578

But hey, you and j2 can use what language you want. We don't expect anything different.

New York Times and NPR, not Qchan or your favorite whack off material from the Sun. 

The standard of mindreading by the alt-right is as amazing as it is wrong.  I don't read The Sun, nor look at the pictures. Maybe your buddy j2 does though.

7 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

A 2018 Boston Globe investigation found "clear evidence, in documents and interviews, that her claim to Native American ethnicity was never considered by the Harvard Law faculty, which voted resoundingly to hire her, or by those who hired her to four prior positions at other law schools" and that "Warren was viewed as a white woman by the hiring committees at every institution that employed her".

The public does not believe it.   Her educational pedigree and experience are not typical Harvard Law. 

7 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

The DNA test found that Warren's ancestry is mostly European but "strongly support[ed] the existence of an unadmixed Native American ancestor", likely "in the range of 6 to 10 generations ago."  Wiki

There was such a weak link that she apologized to the tribes for her grift.   

The optics on this are horrible.   

Don't really want to talk about Warren now as I don't think she's going to be the democratic presidential nominee. I would like to share some information about Native Americans and Trump.

According to Cultural Survival, the agency that advocates for indigenous people rights of self-determination, cultural and political  resiliency since 1972, they have quite a few issues  with Trump's policies toward Native Americans. They also don't appreciate Trump calling Warren "Pocahontas", among other issues which you can read about on the link, if you're interested. 

I have a lot of respect for attorney Tara Houska, a Native American who is lobbying for political change for Native Americans, including issues with the pipeline and climate change how it affects Native American territory. 

Native American voters will make a difference in the outcome of the 2020 election. 

Just checked my emails and found this article: 

Death by Civilization how Native Americans were forced to  attend boarding schools in Wisconsin designed to strip them of their cultural identities to make them more European like. 

34 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

I disagree with some of the policies she has expressed, e.g. she will ban fracking immediately.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/warren-s-fracking-proposal-has-shale-investors-weighing-e-p-risk

But frankly i don't understand the marketing angle that she is a "fighter".   She has postured as someone who has been bullied or survived abuse from Donald Trump referring to her as "Pocahontas" and a victim of pregnancy discrimination.    In my opinion, "i've been victimized." is not the slogan of a leader who will go toe to toe with some pretty tough characters. 

Bernie and Tulsi are the only two candidates who might be able to spar with Trump.   Neither has a chance to get the nomination.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

US Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Sunday the Pentagon would cooperate with the congressional impeachment inquiry -- in an apparent break with President Donald Trump's policy to thwart the probe.

Esper said his department would try to comply with a subpoena from House Democrats seeking records relating to the withholding of US military aid to Ukraine.

"We will do everything we can to cooperate with the Congress," Esper said on CBS's Face The Nation.

His reassurance came days after the White House announced it would not cooperate with the Democratic-led House of Representatives, calling its impeachment push illegitimate and unconstitutional.

oh dear

An attempt to explain the inexplicable - 

Peter Wehner said there’s a reason why many of President Donald Trump’s most loyal supporters won’t turn on him. 

“It is almost like a hermetically sealed world,” he said on CNN’s “Reliable Sources.” “Facts are like BBs, they’re just bouncing off of a brick wall. They just don’t penetrate.” 

Wehner, who served in the administrations of presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush and as a senior aide in the White House of President George W. Bush, said it comes down to a concept called the psychology of accommodation. 

“People decided early on for a variety of reasons to accommodate themselves to Donald Trump, some of them thinking that things would get better, that he would grow in office, that he would be surrounded by good people,” he said.

Instead, Trump has gotten worse. But because of their early accommodation of the president, these voters are essentially stuck with him. 

“Now it’s not just a defense of Trump. It’s a defense of their defense of Trump,” Wehner said. “To indict him is to indict themselves, and to indict their own judgment, and that’s hard for any human being.” 

The result: “They will defend him regardless of what happens, come hell or high water.” 

In 2016, Trump bragged that his supporters were so loyal that not even murder could shake them. 

source

How Trump inspires people -

A graphically violent parody video, shown at a meeting of President Donald Trump's supporters at his Miami resort, depicted a likeness of the president shooting and stabbing his opponents and members of the news media in a church, The New York Times reported Sunday.

In the video, Trump's critics and media members are portrayed as parishioners fleeing his gruesome rampage. The fake Trump strikes the late Sen. John McCain in the neck, hits and stabs TV personality Rosie O'Donnell in the face, lights Sen. Bernie Sanders' head on fire and shoots or otherwise assaults people whose faces are replaced with news organization logos.

The video was shown last week at an American Priority conference at Trump's Doral Miami resort, the newspaper said. Trump was not there. Event organizer Alex Phillips told the Times the video was played as part of a "meme exhibit" and was not associated with or endorsed by the conference "in any official capacity." ''American Priority rejects all political violence," he said, and is looking into the matter...

here

The only thing that surprises me about the above is that j² hasn't posted it yet.