Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,155 posts in this topic

that reminds me that my masseuse in Boston was one half of the very first same sex couple to be married in the US.  That was HUGE and I am so proud of Massachusetts for busting that door open

10 hours ago, AlexTr said:

I do things or I don't do things. Nobody has to hear about it first. I'm not Donald or Rudy.

Yes. This thread is not about you. Well done. It is about a out of control narcicist smeared in fake tan who has such a narrow world view that polarisation of opinion is the only option.

"Where is Hunter Biden?"

"only a good vice president because he understood how to kiss Barack Obama's ass"

It's OK, Hoops, abortions performed on grownups are legal and perfectly fine.

:(

The question from a reporter to President Donald Trump on Friday night was, “Did you or your administration pressure Fox News to get rid of Shepard Smith?”

Trump did not answer directly, but rather took the opportunity to gloat over his least-favorite Fox News anchor’s departure, saying, “No, I don’t know, is he leaving? Oh, that’s a shame.”

“Did I hear Shepard Smith is leaving?” the president asked, soundly almost gleeful. “Is he leaving because of bad ratings? He had terrible ratings, is he leaving because of his ratings? If he’s leaving, I assume he’s leaving because he had bad ratings.”

Smith, who has been the rare critical voice against the president on Fox, announced on Friday that he had requested to get out of his contract on leave the network, effective immediately. “Even in our currently polarized nation, it’s my hope that the facts will win the day,” Smith said in his final broadcast. “That the truth will always matter, that journalism and journalists will thrive.”

The move comes just two days after Attorney General Bill Barr met privately with Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch, prompting some speculation that the Trump administration had something to do with Smith’s exit.

“Well, I wish him well,” Trump concluded. “I wish Shepard Smith well.”

Is Trump about to throw Giuliani under the bus?

President Donald Trump on Friday said he didn’t know if Rudy Giuliani was still his personal attorney.

And former U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance explained on MSNBC’s “The Beat with Ari Melber” why it could be a sign the president is about to throw the former mayor of New York City “under the bus.”

Melber noted how Trump’s apparent bid to distance himself from Giuliani echoed comments he made about his previous former attorney Michael Cohen in 2018, who is currently serving three years in federal prison for crimes involving campaign finance and lying to Congress.

the rest

Guessing a certain member on TT will get a hard on watching this peurile personal attack. A new low, even for Trump.

Compare and contrast 44th and 45th speech. whose proverbial butt would you prefer to kiss? :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Guessing a certain member on TT will get a hard on watching this peurile personal attack. A new low, even for Trump.

Said member isn't getting much other opportunity, guessing from his PMs.

Businessmen with ties to Rudy Giuliani lobbied a U.S. congressman in 2018 for help ousting the American ambassador to Ukraine around the same time they committed to raising money for the lawmaker.

An indictment unsealed Thursday identified the lawmaker only as "Congressman 1." But the donations described in the indictment match campaign finance reports for former Rep. Pete Sessions, a Texas Republican who lost his re-election bid in November 2018.

Sessions, 64, has denied wrongdoing. But the federal indictment alleges "Congressman 1" was part of what prosecutors described as a coordinated effort to remove Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch at the behest of an unnamed Ukrainian official.

Sessions, who has been weighing a political comeback, now finds himself entangled in the impeachment investigation centered on President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine as well as Giuliani's relationships in the former Soviet republic.

here

An 18-foot replica of Donald Trump’s border wall has been scaled in a matter of seconds by novice climbers, an eight-year-old girl and a man who returned for another attempt while juggling with one hand.

The US president described his wall as “virtually impenetrable” during a trip to the US-Mexico border in September, claiming 20 “world class” mountain climbers had told him his chosen prototype was difficult to climb.

“We had 20 mountain climbers. That’s all they do, they love to climb mountains … some of them were champions,” Mr Trump said. “And we gave them different prototypes of walls, and this was the one that was hardest to climb … this wall can’t be climbed.”

here

Three days after State Department officials, in a post-midnight phone call, ordered Gordon Sondland, a central player in the Ukraine controversy, not to testify in the House impeachment inquiry into President Trump, his lawyer said on Friday that he will appear before Congress next week.

“Notwithstanding the State Department’s current direction to not testify, Ambassador Sondland will honor the Committees’ subpoena, and he looks forward to testifying next Thursday,” Robert Luskin, Sondland’s attorney, said in a statement.

Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, had been called to testify in private before three House committees on Tuesday, but the State Department directed him not to show up. Luskin told Yahoo News that Sondland got the order from a State Department official in a phone call at 12:30 a.m. on the morning he was scheduled to appear.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff blasted the Trump administration for blocking Sondland’s testimony, saying that Sondland had turned over to the State Department text messages or emails “deeply relevant” to the investigation, but that the department had refused to provide them to Congress.

In his statement Friday, Luskin said that his client cannot turn over those documents under federal law.

“The State Department has sole authority to produce such documents, and Ambassador Sondland hopes the materials will be shared with the Committees in advance of his Thursday testimony.”

more here

On 10/11/2019, 2:04:27, hooperski said:

The first 45 seconds ... ...

Trump is going to destroy her in the debates.    I don't think she will make it that far though.   She is not the person who can go toe-to-toe with Xi Jianping or Vladimir Putin.  

Note that her remark about the church song lyrics  "red and yellow, black and white" were not spoken as if she identified as anything but the majority white group.    Consider that up until her unfortunate DNA test, she identified as a Native American.    Pow-wow chow and all that.   

By the way, the US Ambassador to Germany, Rick Grenell, is leading the initiative to decriminalize homosexuality worldwide.   

3 hours ago, balticus said:

Trump is going to destroy her in the debates.    I don't think she will make it that far though.   She is not the person who can go toe-to-toe with Xi Jianping or Vladimir Putin.  

Note that her remark about the church song lyrics  "red and yellow, black and white" were not spoken as if she identified as anything but the majority white group.    Consider that up until her unfortunate DNA test, she identified as a Native American.    Pow-wow chow and all that.   

By the way, the US Ambassador to Germany, Rick Grenell, is leading the initiative to decriminalize homosexuality worldwide.   

Make way j2, we have a contender for your crown. 

"SHE IDENTIFIED AS A NATIVE AMERICAN". "POW-WOW CHOW AND ALL THAT."    Unbelievable.

God, let's hope that she isn't a lesbian as well or we'll all burn in hell.

j2 and balticus, our very own TT version of Hitler and Himmler.

P.S. Your boy Grenell hasn't made many friend in Germany, just like Trump's he's upsetting people by "speaking his mind".

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-us-ambassador-richard-grenell-should-be-expelled-says-fdp-deputy-leader/a-47975156

Here's a copy of the 4 count federal indictment against the friends of Giuliani Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman charged with violation of federal campaign laws which prohibitsfinancial donations and contributions from foreign government/entities in the U.S. federal and state elections.

Don't have time to read the entire indictment, here's the summation of why they were charged. 

They even have pics on Facebook with Trump's son leaving picture evidence of their connection with Trump.  :) Even tagged #Trump 2020 on his Facebook page for this pic of their "power breakfast". The two dudes were arrested at the airport with a one way ticket.

This pic is from a link Frau Fruit posted yesterday. 

indictmen.jpeg.5191952ba2a82baa0692e92a6