Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,155 posts in this topic

Of course I'm also not amused but that last cartoon painted a pretty clear picture that the current massacre is all Trump's/Erdogan's fault.

I don't think it was meant to be amusing or funny.

Sickening is more like it.

nah I know.  in this particular case it's the "gotcha" element.  Doesn't matter to split hairs, I just can't stomach the commentary on it at all no matter the format or angle.  It's being handled no differently than any of the other nonsense trump and his buddies have cooked up

but this is very, very different and far beyond the usual nonsense.  I think that's what bothers me about it - it gets fobbed off with all the other trump foibles.  

It makes me sick, too, lisa13, but I can still laugh at the raw cynicism of the cartoon. You have to laugh.

This fucking guy abandons our allies based on a single phone call. And all Lindsey can do is bitch about it on Twitter. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

8 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

'...the heinousness of the situation...'

It's outrageous, and I agree with your reaction - when will the insanity stop?

Alexander Pope

“Vice is a monster of so frightful mien
As to be hated needs but to be seen;
Yet seen too oft, familiar with her face,
We first endure, then pity, then embrace.”

Alexander Pope

We don't want to normalize Trump's betrayals any further.  As long as we can respond with horror to his behavior, there's hope. These cartoons make me uncomfortable too, and that's the intent of political cartoons, to afflict the comfortable. These are difficult times.

"Trump donors charged in campaign finance case" BBC

They are accused of falsely donating $325,000 (£264,000) to a pro-Trump political action committee (PAC) in 2018 in the name of the company and claiming it was for company purposes.

The donation recipient is named as "Committee-1" in the indictment.

The same donation was flagged by a campaign finance watchdog.

When media began reporting about the Florida donation, one of Mr Parnas' associates said "this is what happens when you become visible … the buzzards descend", according to the indictment.

Mr Parnas responded: "That's why we need to stay under the radar."

Including this donation, Mr Parnas and Mr Fruman gave upwards of $400,000 to Republican campaigns in a few months.

The slew of contributions allowed the men to meet leaders of the Republican party, including Mr Trump at the White House and at his Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago.

Mr Fruman and Mr Parnas also allegedly raised thousands in funds for an unnamed congressman in order to seek their "assistance in causing the US government to remove or recall the then-US ambassador to Ukraine".

This was allegedly done in part by "the request of one or more Ukrainian government officials".

The ambassador at the time was Marie Yovanovitch, who is expected to testify before the House of Representatives on Friday about the Ukraine inquiry.

Ms Yovanovitch was dismissed earlier this year.

...and their attorney is John Dowd, who previously represented Trump

3 hours ago, lisa13 said:

gah, I am just not finding these kurd jokes amusing

I find the whole topic so deeply disturbing and the actions of late have been SO far beyond wrong - cartoons just seem to trivialize the fact that many more kurds' lives are going to end brutally that it's just... I dunno.  somewhere far far beyond poor taste? 

You forgot all the other lives that will be lost when the Kurds are no longer able to be in command of their prisons as they are under attack from Turkey and the previously captured islamic state terrorists escape.

Apparently that is OK in Trumpland as the terrorists will only go to Europe. :unsure:

16 hours ago, hooperski said:

Not only are you deluded, you are also rude and offensive to women on here. Oddly enough you don't troll the men on here.

Obviously your rudeness is due to the fact you feel emasculated as you are the stay at home Mum, still no reasom to be misogynistic.

You should not be rude and offensive to womem anywhere.

Not sure what the link to the Ed Buck case has to do with misogeny though. Happy to be enlightened.

I noticed that an allegedly anti FBI media outlet is reporting on a FBI investigation. I also noticed that they allegedly also are in principle able to post legitimate news. 

17 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Does that include threatening women on internet forums? 

You should not threaten anyone on internet forums. It is not cool. 

You should also not gang up and bully people. 

12 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

It makes me sick, too, lisa13, but I can still laugh at the raw cynicism of the cartoon. You have to laugh.

This fucking guy abandons our allies based on a single phone call. And all Lindsey can do is bitch about it on Twitter. Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

This was telegraphed.   Bush I abandoned the Kurds after the first Iraq War too.  

BTW - Turkey and Iran will have greater influence in the region at the expense of ... wait for it ... Russia.  

Unless there would be geopolitical interests, there is no way any EU army would step in to fill the gap and maybe not even then.   

If your offspring would be in the US military you would not view the continued deployment as a necessary risk.

But hey, if it is a poor minority or a hick from deindutrialized flyover country who has minimal opportunities and whose parents are opiod addicts, you and the other virtue signallers don't care.  

Perfectly explains why Trump won in 2016 and will probably win again.  

Please do continue to feign concern and outrage though.  Very entertaining.  ?

4 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Metall,  LavRain, and a couple others - perpetual victims.  

AlexTr - victimization hustler.  

Hilarious.  ?

Bitch, where is my money? You are so consistently off the mark. 

39 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

You mean like you, j2, and john did to me? Agreed. Oh, and I never threaten anyone.  I do things or I don't do things. Nobody has to hear about it first. I'm not Donald or Rudy.

... 3 years of this stuff culminating this week (for me) in : 

..."great and unmatched wisdom"...

..." Kurds were not in Normandy"...

Can someone please tell me how I can put this guy on ignore (permanently)?