Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

6,669 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Lorelei said:

So he not only grabbed her by the privates but also pulled her by the privates and kissed and and she didn't resist or retaliate? I find that hard to believe. I suspect this story has been embellished or invented. I didn't interpret what Trump said on the bus as a literal description of his actions but as an exaggeration - like all the other exaggerations he has given ample evidence of verbally and on Twitter - designed to enhance his macho credentials and amuse the other guy.

10 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Obviously, something similar has never happened to you. You are lucky.

10 hours ago, Lorelei said:

Yes, you're right, and I realise that I am lucky. Perhaps my perspective is skewed because of that.

Yes. Yes, you are very lucky. I've seen all this shit and worse. And many women have.

(And J2  is a creep!)

6 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

J2 very obviously is not getting any blowjobs himself!!

Maybe j2 is upset because even the Republican held Senate is starting to tell the truth now.

EGXxCkIWsAYBcfw.jpeg.jpg

"Polls show close divide over impeachment and removal"

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans are following impeachment proceedings closely — and are slightly more likely to approve than disapprove of the inquiry itself. But the public is more closely split over whether President Donald Trump should be removed from office.

...A Fox News poll conducted Sunday through Tuesday found 51% of Americans now say Trump should be impeached and removed from office, up from 42% who said that in July.

If it was close enough for Brexit...

3 minutes ago, Janx Spirit said:

"Polls show close divide over impeachment and removal"

Pelosi will submit the Articles of Impeachment when the number is about 60% and climbing.

It's almost eery how closely this all tracks.

How Watergate Changed Public Opinion of Richard Nixon

History

True Pundit is a political conspiracy website with a far right wing bias. Like most low credibility sources they do not list a mission statement or about page.

Funded by / Ownership

Again, True Pundit does not list ownership or financial information, however, Thomas Paine (real name Michael D. Moore) appears as the name on many articles. This is a pseudonym for a supposed former FBI agent who is now against the FBI and very pro-Trump. It appears this is his website that is funded through advertising and donations via Pay Pal and Patreon.

Analysis / Bias

True Pundit occasionally publishes a legitimate story, however most are right wing conspiracies. The majority of articles from True Pundit have anonymous authors and all of them have a strong right wing bias with generally loaded headlines such as: The FBI Just Kicked the Door in of Anti-Trump San Juan Mayor’s Office in Puerto Rico; Federal Raid. True Pundit continues to beat the Seth Rich Murder conspiracy to death, no pun intended and several other conspiracies which have been debunked. True Pundit also uses Questionable sources such as Your News Wire, which has one of the worst fact checking records in history.

You're wasting bytes, fraufruit. j² will just post his clever comeback that the people who rate his sources as biased are obviously biased.

@robinson100: You said you've visited j² at home. Can you call his wife and organize an intervention before he does something worse than just drunk & disorderly conduct?

(Facepalm) No wonder BoomBoy is in love with his fellow moron. Why didn't the Kurds help at Gettysberg.  Stable genius. :lol:

Can't seem to trace any evidence of the Trump family ever helping out in any wars, maybe Bone Spurs run in the family.

Imagine being that ignorant and being proud of it, then having supporters that saying you're doing a great job. WTF.

Pretty succinct analysis of Trumps latest comments from the BBC.

On Wednesday, President Trump told a news conference the Turks and Kurds had "been fighting each other for centuries" and that Kurdish fighters "didn't help us in the Second World War, they didn't help us with [the D-Day landings in] Normandy".

Even by President Trump's own remarkable standards this off-the-cuff remark playing down the US alliance with the Kurds is extraordinary.

For Mr Trump alliances are simply transactional - business arrangements to be judged according to a brutal and short-term cost benefit analysis. What is the US giving and what is it getting in return?

In seemingly writing off the Kurds he suggests that the US can easily find other allies in the region. Really? Has he already forgotten recent history? The Kurds were the only capable and reliable local ally in the struggle against IS.

But what will Mr Trump do about Turkey who, incidentally, were not at Normandy either? This is fast becoming a major test of Turkey's standing within Nato, with many fearing it has become a far from reliable ally of the West.

Two men connected to Giuliani's Ukraine efforts arrested on campaign finance charges

Two associates of Rudy Giuliani connected to efforts to dig up dirt in Ukraine on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden have been arrested and indicted on criminal charges for violating campaign finance rules.

The charges against the men suggest Giuliani's push on Ukraine and President Donald Trump's receptiveness to it had ties to an illegal effort to influence US politics and policy using foreign funds. The indictment involves two people central to the impeachment inquiry in the House. (bold mine)
The two Giuliani-linked defendants, Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas, were detained at Dulles International Airport outside of Washington on Wednesday and are scheduled to appear in court in Virginia at 2 p.m. ET Thursday.
Overall, four men were indicted Thursday on two counts of conspiracy, one count of false statements to the Federal Election Commission and one count of falsification of records.
Along with Fruman and Parnas, Andrey Kukushkin has been arrested and is expected to appear in court Thursday in the Northern District of California, according to the Manhattan US Attorney's office. The fourth man, David Correia, hasn't been arrested. All four are US citizens, according to the indictment, which was unsealed by New York federal prosecutors Thursday morning.

Hey, @jeremytwo, are these four of the thousands of sealed indictments you were talking about?

Trump donors charged in campaign finance case

Two Trump donors have been charged with violations of campaign finance laws, New York prosecutors say.

Soviet-born businessmen Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman conspired to "funnel foreign money to candidates for federal and state office", say the charges.

The pair have been associated with US President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani.

They have been peddling unsubstantiated corruption claims against Democratic White House contender Joe Biden.

Both men are US citizens. Mr Parnas was born in Ukraine, Mr Fruman in Belarus.

They are expected to appear in federal court in Virginia on Thursday.

Two other men, Andrey Kukushkin, a Ukrainian, and David Correia, a US citizen, were also indicted in the same case on Thursday.

The Trump administration's role in Ukraine is at the centre of an congressional impeachment inquiry.

gah, I am just not finding these kurd jokes amusing

I find the whole topic so deeply disturbing and the actions of late have been SO far beyond wrong - cartoons just seem to trivialize the fact that many more kurds' lives are going to end brutally that it's just... I dunno.  somewhere far far beyond poor taste?  hehehe - yes I know the topic of taste is not something I myself should wax poetic about, but I just don't find anything amusing here...not even as a "zinger" of an observation - it's just absolutely horrid.

note that's not a comment against anyone who's posted cartoons or other bits on the topic.  more of a rant against the heinousness of the situation than anything.  carry on.