Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,155 posts in this topic

So like, Fridays for Future is like, three Fs in a row, and F is the sixth letter of the alphabet, so 666 and stuff?  Do I have that right?

12 minutes ago, silty1 said:

So like, Fridays for Future is like, three Fs in a row, and F is the sixth letter of the alphabet, so 666 and stuff?  Do I have that right?

Okay, before you take the piss, just watch this video of Christine Lagarde of no less than the IMF.

These people live in weird worlds to us.

"These people live in weird worlds to us." 

Coming from you that's quite ironic and laughable.

On 9/27/2019, 8:28:39, balticus said:

307 pages of being wrong and yet you and Jeffo continue like gambling addicts on meth.   Always looking for some action or the next hit.   

Based on what has come out in the past 16 hours, i expect this cycle will fizzle out  around  Monday-Tuesday of next week.  

On 9/27/2019, 8:32:10, AlexTr said:

I'll take €100 of that action. 

I always collect my money.

Oh ye of little faith, Alex...

Today we're gonna see the BOOM and the fizzle. It's gonna be a bizzle! Or a foom? Hmmm...

5d9193b3858ce_qlp62m2awhd211.jpg.a7aef69

52 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Hilary suspected of planing to reenter race?

Sanders, Warren, Harris, Spartacus, and Biden are all unelectable.  

I like Tulsi but she has no chance of getting the nomination. 

Klobuchar would be a good candidate but she doesn't have national appeal.  She would be a great VP.

Hillary or another late entry seems necessary.  

It won't be surprising if Nikki Haley replaces Pence on the 2020 ticket.  

1 hour ago, balticus said:

I like Tulsi but she has no chance of getting the nomination. 

Klobuchar would be a good candidate but she doesn't have national appeal.  She would be a great VP.

Hillary or another late entry seems necessary.  

It won't be surprising if Nikki Haley replaces Pence on the 2020 ticket.  

Never underestimate the ABT (anybody but Trump) voters.

1 hour ago, balticus said:

This statement is unsupportable anyway. I'm not sure for whom Spartacus is intended to be a place marker.

27 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Never underestimate the ABT (anybody but Trump) voters.

Isn't the point rather that the ABT voters were overestimated in the last election and this was not enough in itself to counter a lack luster democrat opposition?

6 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Isn't the point rather that the ABT voters were overestimated in the last election and this was not enough in itself to counter a lack luster democrat opposition?

If we all pretend as though we don't know about the Russian interference in the election, then it would be the point. However, now that we all know about that, it is no longer the point.

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the previous day had relieved “great pressure” on him.

A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president’s comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

Is not the point that to vote for anybody but Trump you need to have somebody? I am not seeing the somebody. 

Even more tragic as Trump seems to be on some sort of suicide mission. Will probably get voted in again in due to the same opposition vacuum despite setting out once again to himself unelectable for the second time. :lol:

You couldn't make it up.

6 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

I am not seeing the somebody. 

Well, you aren't looking. In which country is your vote valid because you seem awfully uninformed about the US election. No voting American would admit to having so little information at this stage.

It reminds me of a meal I had at a friend's house in Frankfurt. Her husband was an auditor with the ECB. He was holding court at a table full of Americans about the real estate crash of 2008 and he said something to the effect, "Well, the biggest problem was Countrywide." To which, a conservative woman who supposedly had a lot of education replied, "Well, of course it was countrywide. It's not like banks are limited to operating in one state." My jaw dropped. The husband excused himself...I think to go have a good laugh.