Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

7,155 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

I was explaining this to woman this morning, that her company is audited strictly, however many even larger institutions have no oversight, especially the Federal Reserve which few realise is a private institution, and it is being slowly dismantled. 

3 minutes ago, balticus said:

Should i shake my head in bewilderment or just laugh?    Maybe both.   

Perhaps not. This is a bill waiting to go through:

https://massie.house.gov/newsroom/press-releases/press-release-us-representative-massie-reintroduces-bill-to-audit-the

Press Release: U.S. Representative Massie Reintroduces Bill to Audit the Federal Reserve

Article from Jan. 4, 2017

Today Senator Rand Paul and Representative Thomas Massie have reintroduced a bill that would force an audit of the notorious Federal Reserve. While all attempts in the past have not suceeded, as Wall Street and the shadow government have clearly opposed the bill, this time around could be different.

Oh, and this.

The Federal Reserve (the Fed) enjoys a unique public/private structure that operates within the government, but is still relatively independent of government to isolate the Fed from day-to-day political pressures in fulfilling its varying roles.

... this time around could be different.

This should be added to the thread title.    With a wink or a LOL.  

Every thing I read says the Fed Reserve is audited at least annually.

Does the Federal Reserve ever get audited?

Yes, the Board of Governors, the 12 Federal Reserve Banks, and the Federal Reserve System as a whole are all subject to several levels of audit and review:

In addition, the Reserve Banks are subject to annual examination by the Board. The Board's financial statements and the combined financial statements for the Reserve Banks are published in the Board's Annual Report.

See the audit page on the Federal Reserve Board’s website for more information on all of the above audits as well as more information on the accounting, financial reporting, and internal controls of the Federal Reserve Board and Federal Reserve Banks.

Just gonna put this here.

31 USC 1342 “An officer or employee of the US Government ... may not accept voluntary services for either government or employ personal services exceeding that authorized by law except for emergencies involving the safety of human life”

21 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Article from Jan. 4, 2017

2 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Every thing I read says the Fed Reserve is audited at least annually.

Frooty I appreciate your research. Countering my arguments is healthy and civilised, unlike the others. Okay...

Let's think about your quote:

The Federal Reserve (the Fed) enjoys a unique public/private structure that operates within the government, but is still relatively independent of government to isolate the Fed from day-to-day political pressures in fulfilling its varying roles.

Now, should the Fed be fully independent and who owns that Board of Directors? Is that known? Should a nation's Central Bank be owned by the people or a private corporation? In London, control of the Bank of England was always by the Chancellor of the Exchequer (Number Two in power) until (I think*) Gordon "Idiot" Brown relinquished it to private interests. whoever wins an election gets to set monetary policy for the next term of the government.

So, should the finances of a country be privately owned or public? I think that's important.

*Could be George "Cokehead" Osbourne though.

Oh dear...

Source: https://www.scribd.com/document/427618359/Shokin-Statement

Shokin to my knowledge was the Prosecutor who Joe Biden had removed by Poroshenko. P wanted Sh not to continue to investigate but Sh obstinately said no he wished to continue. Ath this point Biden told P to fire Sh within 6 hours or he wouldn't get 1.5 billion US taxpayers money, as in here.

Yep it is complex....

Can o'Worms boys.

1) Shokin's affidavit this year is completely suspect because of the lawyers involved.

2) Everyone knew about this since Joe Biden was at the CFR event in January OF 2018. If it was an issue for Trump et al. back then, why did they not bring it up back then?

3) It was not only the US that was concerned:

Concern at the embassy mounted, and by 2016, officials there began suggesting the Obama administration push for the prosecutor general’s ouster. In particular, the embassy suggested that $1 billion in loan guarantees the country hoped to receive from the US in order to stay solvent should be tied to a tougher anti-corruption strategy that involved removing officials seen as blocking progress, namely Shokin.

It wasn’t just the US that wanted Shokin gone, either — many other Western European officials, including the IMF’s then-managing director Christine Lagarde, also insisted Ukraine was doing far too little about corruption.

So in March 2016, Biden says he told the Ukrainian government that their loan guarantees would be cut off unless they removed Shokin. He told the story at a session at the Council on Foreign Relations in 2018.

Most importantly

5) It has nothing to do with the fact that the POTUS improperly hid transcripts from Congress, illegally tried to conceal the whistleblower complaint, and illegally tried to use US foreign policy for private gain. 

In a nutshell, even if Biden were the worst asshole in the world who deserved to be hanged from a yard arm then drawn and quartered, it does not rehabilitate Trump.

As @fraufruit says, "I call bullshit" or in this case "deflection".

19 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

How many of you Trump haters know what big Boom happens tomorrow?

If this Shokin thing is all you had, you failed, Qanonsense failed, and we're all wildly amused by you just learning things we've all known for a long time.

16 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

If this Shokin thing is all you had, you failed, Qanonsense failed, and we're all wildly amused by you just learning things we've all known for a long time.

Sorry Alex, but I also get this from Hannity on Fox.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Excuse me while I clean the coffee off of my monitor.

There are literally no words.

To be fair, I'm starting to realize why alt-bicus thinks j² is a parody account: "You all think I'm nuts, but I'm not! So here's a whole bunch more nutty shit and more nutty people who say it!"

Truth really is batshit crazier than fiction.

12 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

There are literally no words.

No, I'm wrong. There are still these words.

49 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Most importantly

5) It has nothing to do with the fact that the POTUS improperly hid transcripts from Congress, illegally tried to conceal the whistleblower complaint, and illegally tried to use US foreign policy for private gain. 

In a nutshell, even if Biden were the worst asshole in the world who deserved to be hanged from a yard arm then drawn and quartered, it does not rehabilitate Trump.

you three, just like the squad can pat yourselves on the back as much as you like ...but here is the truth, Trump is going to win 2020 LANDSLIDE style and you will all cry AGAIN

20 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

How many of you Trump haters know what big Boom happens tomorrow?

Well on 28th September 1787, the Congress of the Confederation voted to send the completed Constitution of the United States

to state legislatures for their approval.

Tell us then, is Trump about to tear it up and wipe his arse with it?