Trump's Presidency: Is this the next domino to fall?

4,326 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Johan Holzel said:

@Lavender Rain

I wasn't backtracking at all, my original point was that the constant Trump mocking was pathetic. I never said there was anything wrong with individual Trump cartoons.

Many Prime Ministers/Presidents have a dip in popularity fairly soon after being elected, it's happening to Macron already.

The Democrats hardly look to have a decent candidate capable of unseating Trump, they might even choose Clinton again.

Final point, since when has it mattered what the Germans think of an American presidential candidate?

Here's what you said about the cartoons, it sure sounds like you have a problem with cartoons about Trump being posted on TT. 

On 7/22/2017, 3:18:01, Johan Holzel said:

@Lavender Rain

There are two or three non Americans on this forum who are forever posting cartoons mocking Trump, nobody forces me to look at them, but I think it's pathetic.

Regarding your comment about the Democrats not having a decent candidate capable of unseating Trump 2020, let's not get ahead of ourselves it's very early in the Trump presidency.  The democrats certainly have issues with their party and even putting forth HIlliary Clinton as a viable candidate was a huge mistake in my opinion.

Regarding since when does it matter about what Germans think about the president, I mentioned that because ahem we are living in Germany and let's face it Germany is the largest economy in Europe.  There is a frayed relationship between Germany and the Trump administration. He refused to shake Merkel's hand when she visited the White House and she's told her party and the German people, America is unreliable and we must rely on ourselves to fight our own future and she encouraged European unity. 

I hope you can find as much to  interest you on the Brexit thread as you've found on this thread. :)

Good bye

DFWRofcUAAAQ8kW.jpg.da2f22374d16f13521f9

2 hours ago, Johan Holzel said:

@Metall

Well, seeing as the majority of us are in Germany, there could be more Merkel/Schultz piss taking going on, it just seems posters have developed a Trump obsession. At this point, I haven't even seen a thread about the upcoming German election, which affects all of us, even if we shouldn't be telling German nationals who to vote for.

If that's your discussion interest than feel to  start a thread regarding Germany's election or Germany's politic instead of  whining about there's not a thread about Germany's politics.  Don't come on this thread to admonish people for posting cartoons about Trump or making comments about Trump because as you can see from the first post this thread topic is about the Trump administration Moreover, I only mentioned Trump's policies will be far reaching even outside of the U. S. because this thread is about Trump.   I've certainly been on the planet long enough to know the world is interconnected and other countries politics and foreign policies can have a global or regional affect. 

Have you seen some of the Trump tattoos? I find it  fascinating some people are putting images of  Trump on their body with indelible ink. Now that's what I call a Trump obsession. :)

5974ffb7dcf23_trumppass.jpg.d1a7cd31bdaf

Here's another cartoon for you. 

597501b66bc9e_homotrumpus.jpg.65aacac8ee

By now I think Trump will not fall and probably he will be re-elected. Every month he does or say something crazy that would take any other president down but nothing happens, he is immune to everything.

The last one was when he basically said something like: I am angry at Sessions for recusing himself because then Mueller was put in charge of investigating me and he willtake the job seriously. Instead Sessions should have taken control of the investigation himself (and put everything under the carpet). And the cherry: If I knew he was going to recuse himself I would have give the job to someone else (who sould put everything under the carpet).

I know everyone in his position would THINK the same, but he is saying it out loud. I guess at least he is honest.

12 ways Trump has failed to deliver to his own voters an article written by a  former Labor Secretary under Clinton. Robert Reich is now Professor of Public Policy at University of California Berkeley.  

Here's a link to his interesting website with lots of musings about Trump including videos. There's also many other topics besides Trump that he explores that I found interesting and thought provoking.   

On this video, Robert Reich talks hypothetically about a deal between Trump and Putin and what Trump may have agreed to do for Putin.

I don't get the whole idea of people telling other people who to vote for - whether local or foreign. Nobody has ever told me who to vote for in my entire life. 

Telling someone who to vote for is probably not nice, but I don't think that's what we are doing here. We are just having fun because they chose a guy who is an unstoppable drama machine.

On 23.7.2017, 11:48:31, Johan Holzel said:

@Metall

You missed my point, it's not for you or for me to tell anyone from another country who they should or shouldn't vote for. However, I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing this out.

On 22.7.2017, 14:00:14, Johan Holzel said:

Never said anyone forced me to read the thread, I just think this anti Trump tirade from a non American is pathetic.

Johnny Woodentop seems to have forgotten that Trump is the so called 'Leader of the Free World' so we non-Americans have good reason to point out that he is behaving like a spoilt brat. Especially when he gives out mixed messages by physically assaulting another country's leader, just to get to the front on a photo. Then later is seen giving a friendly handshake to Putin... If someone pushed Trump out of the way in the U.S. they'd probably end up with half a dozen bullets in their back...

This article talks about Russia's confidence in the U.S president under Trump has increased to 53 percent when most other countries have loss confidence.

From 2015 to 2017, Pew Research tracked global confidence in the U.S. president "to do the right thing" regarding world affairs. While almost all the countries surveyed have lost confidence over the years, Russia's significant increase stands out — jumping from 11% in 2011 under Obama to 53% under Trump.

Arrogant was the most common word globally associated with Trump's characteristics. There is global disapproval across all of Trump's major policy proposals.

6 hours ago, Krieg said:

The last one was when he basically said something like: I am angry at Sessions for recusing himself because then Mueller was put in charge of investigating me and he willtake the job seriously. Instead Sessions should have taken control of the investigation himself (and put everything under the carpet). And the cherry: If I knew he was going to recuse himself I would have give the job to someone else (who sould put everything under the carpet).

I know everyone in his position would THINK the same, but he is saying it out loud. I guess at least he is honest.

The are at least two problems with Sessions recusing himself:

1.  The accusations that he had not been forthcoming about his interactions with Russians were pretty thin.   He capitulated without getting anything in return.   It was a huge strategic blunder. 

2.  If the prosecutor goes on a fishing expedition, the administration has nobody who can put a stop to it.    If you compare the Whitewater investigation, the Attorney General, Janet Reno, had the ability to reign it in.   In my opinion, the Whitewater investigation should have been shut down much earlier. 

Some of the people who will work on Mueller's team have made substantial campaign contributions to Democratic candidates and in some cases to Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2016.   Concerns about their objectivity are not necessarily misplaced. 

On 7/23/2017, 12:51:24, Lavender Rain said:

This doesn't jive with the latest polls of his approval rating for the 2nd quarter 2017, he has only a 38 percent approval rating in the second quarter, a record low in modern polling.

On 7/23/2017, 1:15:09, SA618 said:

If you read the details of those polls, it was noted that he is 1-3% less unpopular than Hillary Clinton right now.   

59770ac0e5596_defendtrump.jpg.062f6bbfa6

Jared Kushner could be the next domino. Yesterday he testified behind closed doors to the Senate regarding possible collusion with the Russians during the campaign. And he's blamed his aide for filling out security clearance form wrong. The other dominos will be White House staff whom Scaramucci said he's going to fire for leaks from the White House. 

Here's Kushner's press conference after his Senate testimony.

On 7/24/2017, 11:34:43, fraufruit said:

I don't get the whole idea of people telling other people who to vote for - whether local or foreign. Nobody has ever told me who to vote for in my entire life. 

Me either. 

I have had lots of people who know very little about the US proclaim that anyone who voted for Candidate X would have to be an idiiot or something similar.  

Not exactly the kind of declaration that leads to a healthy, respectful exchange of ideas.   

7 hours ago, Lavender Rain said:

59770ac0e5596_defendtrump.jpg.062f6bbfa6

"U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday blasted the investigation into alleged Russian meddling in last year's U.S. election and raised questions, without offering evidence, about Ukrainian support for his Democratic presidential rival, Hillary Clinton. 

In a pair of early morning tweets, Trump also said U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions had "taken a very weak position" towards the Democratic presidential nominee and cited "Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - quietly working to boost Clinton'."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-trump-russia-ukraine-idUKKBN1AA1LY

SNAFU at Trumpton HQ

Edit: Is some Putin string pulling at play I wonder?

Keith Olbermann talks about how  support for Trump is waning from republicans in both houses. He sites disparaging  public comments made by some republicans about Trump. He also said republicans should be looking for a "climb down" to shield and protect their own political capital to continue to support Trump could be political suicide.  Could losing a significant amount of republicans' support be the next domino to fall? 

On 7/24/2017, 4:30:45, SA618 said:

Some of the people who will work on Mueller's team have made substantial campaign contributions to Democratic candidates and in some cases to Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2016.   Concerns about their objectivity are not necessarily misplaced. 

You're kidding, right?  Jared, Ivanka, Mnuchin, Cohn, Scaramucci, and Trump himself have given to the Democrats and Clinton in particular.  See details here:

Trumpets Give to Clinton

17 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

What an obnoxious sycophant... (him not her :P)

Another one talking out of the side of his mouth.